Matai an the Cronulla rumour.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
Very subtle Canteen.  You're anti-Lowe credentials are safe with me.
I am on the fence on this one. Time will tell. Keeping the various stakeholders of a football club, all happy at the same time is a very delicate thing.

I was pleased to read that Lowe attended the Origin in Brisbane in the company of a few of the Manly sponsors. On this forum I read of a sponsor who had withdrawn his support due to being stuffed around by the club. The jury is out!

Considering that Lowe is hardly qualified as a corporate CEO( having done multiple roles in the past and coming through the school of hard knocks does not qualify you), you would think he would look to strengthen relations with members and fans?

Mayer was brilliant at this, in addition to ticking all the right boxes as a CEO and this is the reason he was so popular.
Lowe doesn't tick all the boxes and yet he could kind of make up for it by emulating Mayers communication and accessibility to fans....but no.

Lowe is like a cheap chinese knock-off, compared to that of a genuine CEO.

WTF  is going on..  i dont  know if any of you`s have seen the rugby league week this week..

on the cover down the bottom its got a pic of matai with this caption 

MY FEAR
MATAI OPENS UP ON MANLY SNUB...  fuk sake whats up  with that place since we won in 08  ..  its just going down..  i use to be supportive of graham lowe in his ceo role i thought he had the manly team in his heart, but he just seems to be penns, delmeges & peter peters`s fukn puppet..

not happy i didnt care too much about the rumours  of him leaving because i didnt think our administrators would be that stupid to release him.. but when i read the article quoted from the players mouth its pissing me off big time.. 

fukn idiots peter peters, delmege ,penn & lowe should fuk off out of there all we have had since we won the title is infighting, bitching &  power plays by the directors ..

I feel that Lowe is just filling in until they can find someone else.

In regards to Peters I think it's time he was given his marching orders, I wonder if I'll get howled down for that

Ant80 link said:

In regards to Peters I think it's time he was given his marching orders, I wonder if I'll get howled down for that
You will have your friends on this site for that one. However, there is no party line so the response could be interesting.

Ant80 link said:

i hope so ant.. do you know the poor bloke(matai) has been waiting for over 6weeks for an answer on what his position is with the club next year..

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=183614.msg267355#msg267355 date=1276840871]

You will have your friends on this site for that one. However, there is no party line so the response could be interesting.
[/quote]..  i always wonder why rex mossop wasnt our  media representative ..

jjai link said:

i hope so ant.. do you know the poor bloke(matai) has been waiting for over 6weeks for an answer on what his position is with the club next year..
[/quote]

Probably waiting on Hodko's answer.
I can you tell you how it feels been through some similar in regards to work

I hope if Beaver retires at the end of this Super League season and he comes back and takes Zorba's position. He is well respected by not only us but every other supporter

Ant80 link said:
I hope if Beaver retires at the end of this Super League season and he comes back and takes Zorba's position. He is well respected by not only us but every other supporter
.. before he does that ant i would want beaver to sign up with us play 1 nrl game then retire into zorbas position.. why  you might ask.. well if he plays 1 more nrl game he will have played 350 nrl 1st grade games 1 more than lamb..  at the moment they are equal i would like beaver to hold that record too..

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=183614.msg267370#msg267370 date=1276842088]
.. before he does that ant i would want beaver to sign up with us play 1 nrl game then retire into zorbas position.. why  you might ask.. well if he plays 1 more nrl game he will have played 350 nrl 1st grade games 1 more than lamb..  at the moment they are equal i would like beaver to hold that record too..
[/quote]
Nah, we don't ask something like that on here jjai, because every one of us already knows! You are not in fairy floss land now.

Strange how some posters don't understand that the CEO does what the board instruct him to do.  A puppet?  Maybe so, but if the owners say jump, the CEO can either tell them where to go, or say 'how high'.  That's the nature of ownership.  Matai should keep his mouth shut to the press, that's destabilizing.  

If Lockyer plays again next year as intended I think he'll knock Beaver and Lamb off for most 1st grade games so you may as well forget that dream jjai.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=183614.msg267111#msg267111 date=1276765398]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183614.msg267089#msg267089 date=1276757951]
I have heard that Steve Gigg does most of the negotiating with players and their managers not crusher or Lowe. 

Steve Gigg coordinates things draws up the contracts, communicates with the agents re the signing of the contracts. But he has nothing to do with deciding who is resigned or not or how much to offer players. That is all done by Crusher after he consults with the coaching staff (for senior players that is).

The difficulty is finding or trying to contact Crusher. It sometimes would be easier to find the Yowie.
[/quote]

So Ryan's comments about player agents not being able to see Lowe to have contracts finalised is rubbish.

Just as I said.
[/quote]

Lowe would aprove the offer (amount) That is all he would do.

The last time I was at Brookey, I was in a corporate box and Lowe and Cliffy Lyons came and introduced themselves to everyone. They visited every box. Lowe is a good communicator and has goo PR skills. He is a knock about bloke who is easy to get along with.He is a straight shooter.

I wouldn't wrap his business credentials and wouldn't know what vision and ideas he has for the club. He is passionate about RL an been involved with clubs in UK, NZ and Aus.

Sometimes very successful business people are those who know they have weaknesses and limitations and surround themselves with people who do and  seek advice. These bosses are also more likely to listen to the majority.

Sometimes the experts are not flexible and know too much for their own good. Look at the mess Searle has got the Titans into with his grandious plans.

Canteen Worker link said:

[/quote]

Plenty of congo lines but no party line.

If they are slow at resigning Mattai then you would think that we are waiting on a decision from another player to replace him

tookey link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=183614.msg267357#msg267357 date=1276841054]

[/quote]

Plenty of congo lines but no party line.

If they are slow at resigning Mattai then you would think that we are waiting on a decision from another player to replace him
[/quote]

You are assuming that logic prevails at the sea eagles but hard to point to evidence of that at the moment.

DSM5 link said:
Strange how some posters don't understand that the CEO does what the board instruct him to do.  A puppet?  Maybe so, but if the owners say jump, the CEO can either tell them where to go, or say 'how high'.  That's the nature of ownership.  Matai should keep his mouth shut to the press, that's destabilizing. 

RUBBIIIIIIISH !! OMG. There are bigger companies with much larger boards out there - so naive.....the CEO plays a major part in all things relating to any real company, and I repeat, REAL. If not, and the CEO's just a puppet, then I call that business, whatever it is a direct falacy (sorry Fro).

I can tell you straight up, the previous CEO was WELL involved with contract negotiation....you know...when we snagged Lyon and en masse a huge number of other big name players. Mayer told me that himself, and he wouldn't mind me declaring that here in public I'm sure !! That's what Mayer was good at - communication.

Now, a few days after I was told communication is an issue, Matai releases info in the paper directly confirming that...and quoted...

I was told there is sever communication issues with The SCSE brand. Communication issues with players. Communication issues with player managers more scarily. Communication with sponsors. Crusher wasn't mentioned at all. Nor was Zorba. Lowe was.

I critiqued Lowe at the start, and my theories are becoming reality in front of us.

JWH gone. Whether that was a good or bad thing, that's a moot point. Fact is, Des was told about his defection AFTER he had signed with The Roosters (communication).
Josh Perry gone. Again, he wanted three, the club wanted to offer two years, but it didn't progress from there, so Perry had no option according to some that he had to look after his future (communication). And really, I personally think that's the best thing for Manly, but that point is irrelivant to this subject.
Steve Matai - straight out said communication sucks - straight up.
Trent Hodkinson - I dunno...but I don't see the long term value in him signing with The Dogs..I don't know what happened here....but we lost out...that's what I DO know.

Listen guys - the blokes a shocker. Plain and simple really. The proof is now in the pudding as I thought it may be unfortunately.

As I said earlier, all I want is a successful Manly...and I don't think we are heading in the right direction. I wonder, will membership be down next year on an already low base?

Doug - what were your thoughts on Matai's article???

Ryan, just because we didn't offer your love child three more years of his little legged rubbish, you bag the CEO.  I think saying goodbye and thanks to Orford and Perry is a job well done.  Matai is problematic.  This year great, but yet, still with the suspensions.  Value for money with him?  Probably, but if he goes I wont slash my wrists.  I haven't given up on this season as yet, and I think he'll stay.  Hodkinson went for much more money than he's worth and JWH? maybe a huge loss but people said the same things about Cuthbo as they did about him, suspect defensively.  You seem to know much more about what Des knew or didn't.  Amazing really, as he's about as forthcoming with info as a brick in my side wall.  Matai should keep his mouth closed and do his talking on the field.   

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2