Matai an the Cronulla rumour.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Just been discussing this rumour with a mate connected with junior league down in the Cronulla district.  He hadn't heard anything about Matai, although he did tell me that the Sharks withdrew funding from junior league down there and there's bad blood between JL and the Sharks and that there's strong rumours that the club is just about broke. He claimed that's the reason why Sturat is leaving and there's been a number of board members resigning.  I think the NRL would be happy to see them go and shift them to either the CC or Adelaide.

Not a good career move going to the Sharks, its a graveyard for NRL careers.

Move them to Gosford - as long as they stuff up the Bears I will be happy

The rumours of them going broke have been around for a while.

Didnt the CEO stay for a few weeks then decide he couldn't stay on there?

It's a shame, they are the only club who own their field and still cant make money

They didn't want Flanigan as stuart's replacement but he is only costing them $100k a year which is all that they can afford for a coach. 

I told you all months ago about all these players going elsewhere. I don't know about the Matai one, but there are more to follow. Watch this space --

I guess that's what happens when your club has serious communication issues from the top.

Ryan your source is wrong. I spoke to someone yesterday who I put the question to about Lowe, and the players hardly have anything to do with him and there are no such issues, and that is straight from the horses mouth, not through some 3rd hand hack looking for a puppet to use to discredit the current CEO.

Doug, this isn't about the players, and their relationship with Lowe. This is about Lowe, and his communication skills with sponsors, and player managers....and there is an article about the Matai, AND Ox negotiations where they have suggested negotiation with Lowe are "frustrating"...(will try to find, and attach)

The bloke just isn't up to 2010 business standard.

You saw the SCSE article suggesting Lowe has made nominal contact??

Ryan, thats rubbish. You claimed in another post that players are having to negotiate contracts directly with Lowe, which is complete rubbish.

No I didn't. Of coarse Crusher and co. would be involved as well. In the end though, it comes down to Lowe getting the job done and over the line (on many fronts as well as player negotiations). He IS a major aspect of it all though. Why is it he is quoted as to the reason we can or cannot afford / let go / retain a player.

Ok, do you think things have improved over the past 18 months both on and off the park as a whole for this club?

Without abuse, please answer that for me.

The Wheel link said:
Move them to Gosford - as long as they stuff up the Bears I will be happy

Both cronulla and norths should stay well away from the the central coast as the area deserves their own team without any history of perennial losers that the sharks of bears would bring.

Either team would be the death knell for the long term survival of the coast team.

I really hope Lowe's communication is poor on negotiations with Orford, preferably none.

I have to remember that if there is an article its FACT.

I have heard that Steve Gigg does most of the negotiating with players and their managers not crusher or Lowe.  

Lowe seems to be going OK.  He's not into resigning Orford and that must be a plus.  Ted is also moving on, and that's also great news.  Ryan has an agenda and that's OK with me, but his info and sweeping statements must be taken with a grain of salt. 

My Agenda is that Manly is a market leader, and attractive to watch (as a fan) & play for (if you are a player).

It's as simple as that.

Now, before you make comment about sweeping statements, I ask that you re-read your initial post above.

tookey link said:
I have heard that Steve Gigg does most of the negotiating with players and their managers not crusher or Lowe.  

Steve Gigg coordinates things draws up the contracts, communicates with the agents re the signing of the contracts. But he has nothing to do with deciding who is resigned or not or how much to offer players. That is all done by Crusher after he consults with the coaching staff (for senior players that is).

The difficulty is finding or trying to contact Crusher. It sometimes would be easier to find the Yowie.

I assume that the club has a retention committee. Des and Crusher plus Lowe would be in that act, with selected others.

Lowe is the CEO who (my guess is) has a variety of roles:  a frontman for the club, staff appointment, working with a board and committee, PR, budget and financial management (probably with a key employee), marketing (presumably with some key employees) and I assume that coordination of a match committee that organises logistics for away games and administers home games and all they entail at Brookie.

I am wary of the anti- Lowe noise for the same reasons I was wary of the anti Mayer sentiment. In the end it was small-minded sookiness of a couple of 'big fish' who had their noses out of joint. My mail is that Mayer was liked by the staff but got offside with Max and a few of the football club, who thought he was too big for his boots. It would be interesting to know who is the power base behind Lowe and what egos he has brushed?

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=183614.msg267089#msg267089 date=1276757951]

Steve Gigg coordinates things draws up the contracts, communicates with the agents re the signing of the contracts. But he has nothing to do with deciding who is resigned or not or how much to offer players. That is all done by Crusher after he consults with the coaching staff (for senior players that is).

The difficulty is finding or trying to contact Crusher. It sometimes would be easier to find the Yowie.
[/quote]

So Ryan's comments about player agents not being able to see Lowe to have contracts finalised is rubbish.

Just as I said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4