Matai = 3 Weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
only if the refs got twice as long, they had already lost control by then and were swearing at Lyon

My theory is that Steve knows when his body is going to need a rest so he let's fly to at least cause some intimidation for when he eventually returns, knowing a suspension won't matter because he is injured anyhow. Very crafty, and a true team player. Also his shunning of the ref worked well by making our skipper Jamie appear ultra reasonable & civilised by comparison. It was a tremendous display of brinkmanship that would have been a masterstroke if not for the video confirming his hits were a trifle high-ish, just a bit.

I thought that the shot on their halfback deserved three weeks, but the one on Hayne was a massive dive. No wonder Steve was annoyed about it, Hayne is the biggest diver in the game.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Lucky it wasn't longer, that petulance shown on Monday night deserved another 2 weeks

The petulance shown to the refs is starting to become deserved. They have no idea what's going on. One ref? Two refs? senior ref? junior ref? You control the ruck? I've got the rest? Video"BLOODY" ref?

Who's in control of our game?

While Matai deserved what he got, his arrogance was just a reflection on the respect the players are getting from refs and the refereeing admin.

Yea, not too bad a result - such offenses usually get a few weeks in the NRL the past few seasons.

Steve will hopefully benefit from the weeks off to help his body recover a bit, as well as refocus in training as he gets back into that.

And through this middle part of the season is far better to have some players out for a few weeks than later in the year.

Cletus link said:
I thought that the shot on their halfback deserved three weeks, but the one on Hayne was a massive dive. No wonder Steve was annoyed about it, Hayne is the biggest diver in the game.

Steve wasn't the only one annoyed, I'd like to see Hayne given something to lay down about'................

nodd link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183351.msg262998#msg262998 date=1274240006]
Lucky it wasn't longer, that petulance shown on Monday night deserved another 2 weeks

The petulance shown to the refs is starting to become deserved. They have no idea what's going on. One ref? Two refs? senior ref? junior ref? You control the ruck? I've got the rest? Video"BLOODY" ref?

[/quote]

Reminds me of something I saw last weekend, think it was Nate Myles in the Roosters game. He makes a tackle, the 2nd ref is calling out "Milking, milking" and a second later you hear the whistle and it is a penalty. Myles just got up and pointed to the 2nd ref and the main one had no answer for him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4