Mat Rogers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Read earlier in an article he will be showing up again for the Old Coast
Dont care what they are paying him,itd better be good dosh to come back to this tripe,he had a fairly good farewell from the NRL

I always thought he'd retired to early,never looked bad
However his last season is destined for the spoon,very
undeserving of it imo

Your thoughts?

Shame they couldn't convince him earlier. As with Petro, sometimes age just has to be overlooked as to what the individual brings to the team as a whole. He's a class act and won't let anyone down.

He's crazy!

He may be missing it and he may be fit (hardly game fit) but he'd have to getting paid heaps for this one IMO.
Their coming last. Will the return of the rat lift them to what 10th? Wow.

He's just what the Titans need, another player 5 years past his prime.

Add to the following who have barely fired a shot for 2 seasons

Luke Bailey
Scott Prince
Preston Campbell
Mark Minichello
William Zillman
Anthony Laffranchi
Brad Meyers (who I think has retired)

These guys are what I call "salary cap chewers" who would be taking up a fair amount of the Titans cap, and are all on the scrap heap.

Only Bird, Ronny Palmer and Harrison offer the Titans any sort of future. They need to do what the Dogs do every other year and have a massive cull which might need to include the CEO and the coach.

Their playing roster is a disgrace and a good reason why the NRL should can all expansion plans until more quality players are available.

The titans toyota cup team is also coming last so no good young players seem to be coming through for them either.

tookey said:
The titans toyota cup team is also coming last so no good young players seem to be coming through for them either.

A lot of them have been promoted to playing in the Qld Cup to get them use to play against men.

Tweed heads is coming 1st and Ipswich are in the top 5 from memory

This will raise the average age of Titans players from 38 to 42. Retirement home for sure.

From memory Rodgers didn't want to retire, he was not offered anout contract to free up $$$. Pretty much forcing his hand.

Bit rich now that they want him back.

They Titans surely dont' think he will help them get into the finals and its only for this year which tells me that the Titans management are really looking at the bottom line. They obviously feel a few extra wins that rogers might help deliver is needed just to help get some people in the gates. I think they are feeling the effects of the Suns more than they thought. Michael Searle is one of the most overrated CEOs in the game.

Masked Eagle said:
Michael Searle is one of the most overrated CEOs in the game.

Up there with Greenberg who is CEO of the Revolving Door at the Doghouse.

Its easy to impress with a nice suit and fancy dialog on the Footy Show, its another to run a successful and stable club.

bob dylan said:
Masked Eagle said:
Michael Searle is one of the most overrated CEOs in the game.

Up there with Greenberg who is CEO of the Revolving Door at the Doghouse.

Its easy to impress with a nice suit and fancy dialog on the Footy Show, its another to run a successful and stable club.

I think Greenberg might be a bit better than Searle. At least you haven't heard the Dogs have any money troubles.

Searle has been credited for being the man who put together the plan for the IC, but in reality he is not only the CEO of the Titans, he's the majority shareholder and its as much self interest for him as it was for the betterment of the game. I think the Titans have dropped the ball on the GC for the game of League. They thought the Suns would be rubbish and no one would support them over their assembled team which in their opinion was headed towards a premiership but they've found the Gold Coast supporters are just as fickle as the rest of the country.

I agree 100% ME

At the end of the day the players, the fans, the board and the members all have to be happy.

If Rogers can help them avoid the spoon that's all that matters to the Titans, current and potential sponsors and more importantly to the coach and his CV.
I like 'rat', i hope he makes a difference.

bob dylan said:
I agree 100% ME

At the end of the day the players, the fans, the board and the members all have to be happy.

Yes but there is always a winner and always a loser, just depends if the loser can cope with it.

Masked Eagle said:
The Titans surely don't think he will help them get into the finals and its only for this year which tells me that the Titans management are really looking at the bottom line. They obviously feel a few extra wins that rogers might help deliver is needed just to help get some people in the gates. I think they are feeling the effects of the Suns more than they thought. Michael Searle is one of the most overrated CEOs in the game.
Good point and well said ME.

I don't blame them for wooing him back but at round 17 of the season? If he gets injured that'll be the end and at 35 he'll be vulnerable. Imo not worth it now.

whys he making a comeback. I saw him play the other day on chooseday night footy. Dinosaur!

Probably run out of cash, Tats must be expensive

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7