• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Bulldogs will be well rid of him I think. I can't imagine Manly would be interested in the clown, even if we did have space under the salary cap.

How are the Roosters going to fit him under their cap if he ends up there?

No doubt another generous Rooster will take a 'paycut' just so they can strengthen their team.

Do we really need his problems.

As far as im concerned we have the cleanest skined club in the comp, we don't need a muncher like that clown tainting the club.

Its bad enough matai goes around head butting everyone. People with mouths are a huge problem and mason has one of the biggest.

he would have had a go a crocker not like the pussys in the grand final but hay we have still got williamson

If Mason were to end up here I'd find it harder to support the side than when they had that monstrous black and red incorporated into the playing strip.

Do we really need his problems.

As far as im concerned we have the cleanest skined club in the comp, we don't need a muncher like that clown tainting the club.

Its bad enough matai goes around head butting everyone. People with mouths are a huge problem and mason has one of the biggest.

Are the problems as large as the media portrays them to be ? Sure, he isn't an angel, but i personally don't think he is the menace to the extent made out by the journos

Re matai headbutt, was that the one where they went to court and nothing came of it ?

Bulldogs will be well rid of him I think. I can't imagine Manly would be interested in the clown, even if we did have space under the salary cap.

Start imagining Mata. Here's a comment from Grant Mayer in today's SMH:

"Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said yesterday the Sea Eagles would be happy to talk to Mason and have re-signed utility Luke Williamson for two years."

Can't see anything coming out of this though, especially if the Rorters are interested.

If we were to get him, he'd be getting peanuts this year but will then probably see the money we get from Menzies retiring and someone like Bryant being given the shaft for the years after. Highly unlikely though.

D-day for Mason

November 07, 2007 CONTROVERSIAL Bulldogs forward Willie Mason's future with the NRL club will be known at 5pm Wednesday.

The club has said the Bulldogs board would make a statement regarding Mason outside Canterbury Leagues Club in the Sydney suburb of Belmore.

The board is expected to confirm Mason's exit from the club, with Mason himself reportedly wanting out over his ongoing feud with chief executive Malcolm Noad, despite two years remaining on his contract.

The Sydney Roosters and Cronulla have both expressed interest in speaking with the Test second-rower if he becomes available.
AAP

Now the Sea Eagles make play for Mason
Adrian Proszenko | November 11, 2007

MANLY have made a last-minute bid to sign Willie Mason in a shock move which has further complicated the future of the disgruntled Bulldog.

The Sun-Herald can reveal Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has contacted Mason's manager, Greg Keenan, with a view to luring the Kangaroos forward to the northern beaches.

The development comes as St George Illawarra and Wigan officially joined the race for Mason's signature.

Sea Eagles CEO Grant Mayer said during the week the club wasn't interested in Mason as he had not been released by the Bulldogs. But it's understood the grand finalists are hopeful of freeing up enough funds to make a competitive offer for the 27-year-old.

What is complicating any deal is the Dogs' decision not to allow any player swaps in exchange for their disgruntled forward. This means clubs might need to negotiate with other clubs to off-load players and make room for Mason under the salary cap.

The Sea Eagles, who would most likely play Mason in the front row, would need to lose at least one player to find a place for Mason.

"At the moment, I have no comment to make, sorry," Hasler said when asked about Mason.

Super League club Hull has made a massive offer for Mason, while the Dragons finally confirmed their interest via a press release on the website yesterday. The Sun-Herald revealed last week Hull FC made an approach but Wigan is the only Super League club in the frame.

"We still have space in our roster for one or two more players for next season and with Willie potentially available we met this morning to discuss his situation," Dragons CEO Peter Doust said. "It is fair to say that there is some interest and things to consider for both sides but the discussions were preliminary and at this stage the club has no further comment to make."

Mason talked yesterday about the suitors lining up for his services - except for Manly.

"A big [offer] from Wigan came in, in just the last 24 hours, which is pretty tempting," he said. "Cronulla - I love Ricky Stuart as a coach, he's been unreal. Every time I seem to play under him I play my best football.

"There's the Roosters, of course. [Brad] Freddie Fittler, I've played with him and against him and I really relate to him. And St George Illawarra, I had a meeting with Browny [coach Nathan Brown] and Dousty this morning and they are a very professional outfit."

Prior to Manly's interest, the Roosters were favoured to sign up Mason. However, he said there were no favourites at present.

The Test forward has been embroiled in a public feud with Bulldogs boss Malcolm Noad over a number of issues, including his wanting to take up professional boxing. Banned from preseason training with the Bulldogs, Mason will begin training alongside brother Les under the guidance of boxing trainer Mark Gambin at the Kostya Tszyu academy.

NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said salary cap auditor Ian Schubert would scrutinise any move into the ring.

"We don't have any specific proposal to look at at the moment," he said. "If and when we do, the salary cap auditor [Ian Schubert] will need to be satisfied it met the salary cap rules."

"The Roosters remain favourites, but coach Brad Fittler admitted releasing lock Ashley Harrison to the Gold Coast on a three-year deal today was a necessity just to get below next year's cap and it remains a tight fit trying to recruit Mason.

"We were above the salary cap so we had to trim it down somehow and it was getting complicated,'' Fittler told the Seven Network."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4