Mason; Why Manly are Winners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
NOW that he has trained with Manly for a couple of weeks, Willie Mason feels he knows more about the key things that make the Sea Eagles regular premiership contenders.

“The players go to training and are very relaxed and very confident in the work that they do,” Mason says.

“They’ve got so much trust in ‘Toovs’ (Geoff Toovey) and Dave Penna and Steve Georgallis there. It’s only a small gang of people. You look at other clubs, they’ve probably got more staff than players, but at Manly they’ve only got three coaches and a physio.

“They keep it nice and tight and you walk into training and everyone is good mates and enjoy each other’s company. They’ve got that swagger about them, they’re pretty confident in what they do.”

Mason says not being re-signed by Newcastle has pumped him up to prove the doubters wrong.

“It didn’t end the best way at Newcastle,” he says.

“I wanted to stay. I never really got told I wasn’t wanted talent-wise, so it reignites a bit of fire in the belly. I love to prove some people wrong. I don’t mind doing that every year – I love it!”

- GREG PRICHARD

talking the talk big willie...... fingers crossed the walk follows!

Good post Kevinward777.

I have to admit, I've never had alot of time for Willie, until recently.

His thoughts and early commitment to his new club have been really upbeat and positive. I now think Willie might well be our best buy in 2015.

We are a consistently strong club and have been for almost a decade.

Sometimes you need a new voice / different perspective to remind you of what's been there all along.

Mason, like many ppl do has grown up a lot over the years, I hope he feels pressure to get and maintain a spot in the 17 this season not just prove a single point. Go Hard Big Willie!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6