Mason Staying Or Going?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Quirkster

The People's Champion
I just wanted to know if anyone here has any knowledge of whether Willie Mason will be re-signed, please?

That's the entirety of this post. I have nothing else interesting to offer.

I would assume he won't be-resigned, we need to clear the way for others in my opinion and think we will still be active in the market

Mason is a character larger then life and has done an admirable job for us this year at 35 years of age . Next year he will turn 36 and I think the party is over for him at NRL Level

Was that Willie with or without the afro?

As much as he has added some veteran value to the team this year, and at times has looked like the Willie Mason of old, I think with the guys we have coming in, plus those coming through, that next year he will be surplus at Manly and I can't see him being here. Next year Nate Myles can provide the veteran value and barring injury we should get a lot more mileage out of him

I tend to think he will either latch on to another NRL club for one last year or he will announce his retirement at the end of this one if we don't offer him a contract. I can't really see any SL club signing him at his age (I mean, he's no Beaver who looks like he could still be playing if he wanted to).

Provided he, like all others, is completely lacking an sense of humour whatsoever, he has a future cracking jokes on one of the 18,000 footy shows.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4