Mason into Kite (last night)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Watching the game on tv there was scrum (someone was hurt) and Mason was into Kite, did anyone make out what was said? I thought I heard Mason saying something about having Kites locker and Kite was just saying 'keep talking'. Did anyone else make out anything?

That is what was said and its done mason for me.

Hes a child and a petulant one at that.

Kite is a club legend and if i were ballin I wouldn't have been laughing along and would have been telling him to pull his head in a play like kite was.

I must admit I didn't like what I saw. If it was Watmough I would have thought 'yep rip into him, he peed on the club as he left so screw him', but not Kitey. No problem Mason smashing him legally in the game, but to be like that to Kitey I just didn't like either.

I think Kitey's response was "look at the scoreboard, and when you've finished looking at that check out the NRL ladder"

Also, don't brad and/or shoot your mouth when your losing so many football games - it's embarrassing.

I thought it was pretty friendly. Kite was laughing saying I am not. Talking to you mate and mason was saying cmon I have your old locker.

Even horsehead said he was enjoying it. Mason just having a chat, no sledging. You guys may have been on an ad but I got the whole 2-3 mins of it (you guys may have as well...I dunno what you guys get...sheesh leave me alone stinky heads!!!)

Yeah it was friendly. I had no problem with it. Kite eventually said something like theres just some blokes I can't speak faster than. It wasn't firey at all.

Mason was probably asking Kitey if he knew anyway to get certain players fired up and playing like we know they can....

I kept hearing Mason saying "it's a statement" but i didn't know what he meant. Then Kite said something along the lines of "i won't bother as i can't talk as fast as him". Someone then said, "no one can!".

I didn't take it as disrespectful. It was Willie just being Willie. A few from both sides were laughing. Idris and Ballin enjoyed it too.

Yeah Mason just seemed to be dicking around. Kitey looked like he was trying to stay focused but Mason wouldn't shut up and eventually he had to smile. Nothing in it.

Yeah, nothing disrespectful in it - just one of Mason's comedy routines. He likes to be the joker in the pack, everybody's friend. Didn't do Kitey any harm.
What it DID do, however, as has been pointed out in another thread, was completely take our focus away from the game. Up until that point in the second half we were on top, pushing to score first and build on our two-point lead. We didn't cross the line (no surprise there) and then a Penrith player got injured, which meant there was a huge delay before that scrum feed - which should never have happened. It was a Penrith feed and the refs should have just got on with it. But they didn't, and so Mason shimmied into the spotlight. And we lost our concentration. Next thing you know, the Panthers ran in two quick tries. Game over.

No problem with the banter, I didn't see anything wrong with it. My only issue is that it can look like you don't care enough about winning. In previous bad form you can sense the players were hurting and you can see a few of them hurting atm, but we all know some aren't caring about it as much as others.

Just a bit of friendly banter. PC police please put down your weapons. I miss Kitey though, a true club legend

Watching the game on tv there was scrum (someone was hurt) and Mason was into Kite, did anyone make out what was said? I thought I heard Mason saying something about having Kites locker and Kite was just saying 'keep talking'. Did anyone else make out anything?
It seemed very good natured actually.

just some banter during a break. no-one seemed offended. Kite just seemed to be either lost in thought about his old locker or was trying to maintain match focus.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4