MASON, FA’AOSO SET TO RECEIVE NRL LIFELINES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Evo

Capt Goodvibe
MASON, FA’AOSO SET TO RECEIVE NRL LIFELINES

September 26, 2014
Facebook19Twitter10

VETERAN forwards Willie Mason and Richie Fa’aoso look set to revive their NRL careers with new clubs in 2015.

Mason, who announced he would not be returning to the Knights next season, is currently in talks with the Sea Eagles who are keen to add some experience in their forward pack following the retirement of Jason King, the depature of Glenn Stewart and likely defection of Anthony Watmough to the Eels.

The former international turns 35 next April but is confident he can compete at the highest for one more season.

The Dragons are also rumoured to be interested in Mason but Manly are certainly the frontrunners and could announce a one-year deal in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, journeyman Fa’aoso could link up with his seventh NRL club with Roosters recruitment manager Peter O’Sullivan confirming interest.

Fa’aoso, who recently received the all-clear to resume his NRL career after suffering a broken neck in 2013, is adamant he still has a lot to offer and the Roosters could very well throw him a lifeline.

“We’ve been offered him and we haven’t ruled it out,” O’Sullivan told News Limited.

“We might be a little light on experience next year, so it’s something we’ll have to look into.”
Would've liked both TBH

6/71 said:
Would be happy with both or either!

I think Mason will surprise.

Won't surprise me. He will be good for us.

Anyone else find it hilarious that the Dragon's are interested? Mason should tell them that they have no front rowers.

You'd think Mason and Richie would be on fairly meager incomes.

We should be able to fit them in even if Choc stays.

It will, after all, only be for 1 year.

Brookie said:
why wouldn't we hang on to richie?
wasn't he still part of our cap this year?

T'was wondering the same thing.

Maybe the recruitment manager can help us out?

???
??
?

Dunno about Richie. As much as a man is entitled to earn an income playing footy, I think I'd be closing my eyes every time he hit it up. Why would you wanna mess with your neck and spine, even with the clearance? Some times its better to literally be able to walk away...

Loobs said:
Dunno about Richie. As much as a man is entitled to earn an income playing footy, I think I'd be closing my eyes every time he hit it up. Why would you wanna mess with your neck and spine, even with the clearance? Some times its better to literally be able to walk away...

If the doctor says he is right to play and he has the desire to play then that should be good enough. There have been numerous guys who have played again after breaking their necks. The first one that springs to my mind is The Wolfman who broke his neck and managed to play again.

I would prefer we extend Ritchie's deal than sign Mason. I think he would be cheaper, offering more minutes, and more impact. He could also sign for two years and grow into the team, rather than hop on board for a swan song. The guy is an absolute kamikaze and will take it to the opposition forwards. I can see Mason just making a few lame jokes at the scrum base, and warming the bench for most of the season.

I'd think I one year deal is all we are after till we can take aim at McGuire, Merrin etc etc

No problem with Mason. Would be great for our young forward pack.

simon64 said:
You'd think Mason and Richie would be on fairly meager incomes.

We should be able to fit them in even if Choc stays.

It will, after all, only be for 1 year.

Maybe we could do a backended 1 year deal :p

Well I'll be damned....who'd have thought Willie ever playing for Manly!

If he can add something positive to our forward pack, and not be a liability, then all good.

Mason would be excellent, was good at Knights and be very good for all the young forwards. I'd prefer to see Ritchie retire not sure it's worth the risk

Yeah Ritchie is a suspension waiting to happen. With his bad record (with loading) 1 high shot or lifting tackle rules him out for 5-6 games every time.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2