Mason Belittles Female Reporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
agreed with all those saying she needs to toughen up- FFS being a journo you'd think she'd be used to it or atleast be able to come up with something smart to say back to him!
Journalists cop it on a daily basis (I should know) and if she hasn't learnt to deal with it by now then she should find herself a new job.
In a perfect world people would be polite to journos and journos would write only positive stories- it's not a perfect world and it aint going to happen! Mason is a tool no doubt but she could've just expressed that view to him and made him look like a dickhead in front of everyone.
Most journos have extremely thick skins, as they should, and if she hasn't developed one by now there is something wrong!

I'm not saying treating a woman badly is looked upon as favourable and neither is anyone else who is saying she over reacted.... I think you have gone a bit over board there.
Who is to say he did this just because she was a woman- he could've been doing the same thing to the young nerdy cadet journo pushing for an interview.
I've been treated alot worse than this woman and not by sportspeople... politicians are the worst. It is part of the job and unless you are a recognisable journo you won't get that level of respect.
While he treated this lady poorly and he has come out looking like a tool, I hardly think you can call it sexist.

Mason is a dick and carried on the wrong way and this just proves that he is not fit to captain his country. However I dont think it is as bad as flip is making out, I would have had the same opinion of this if it was a male or female journo. I dont think being female has anything to do with it at all as he was not crude etc from what I have read.

I don't for one minute really believe she was so offended she was in tears but it does help the story. Thankfully most of the media have decided to stop swallowing his rubbish and glorifying him and are doing a bit of a job on him of late. And quite frankly it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke

bottom line is he was travelling with the Australian squad with australian players, that requires a level of proffesionalism and committment to the media.

He could have simply said , sorry no interviews to 2GB, no need to then carry on like a 4 year old when otheres are being interviewed etc.

agreed JK and I don't think anyone will/ has argued that fact BUT the beat up over the incident becasue she is a woman is taking it a bit far in my opinion and it has just been used to hype the story up.

Look Mason is a tool, but really you'd have to wonder about the reporter if a bit of immature carry on like this \"reduces her to tears\". FFS toughen up.

I suppose she acheived her aim and she has got some pretty sweet revenge now, but seriously this sort of behaviour does nothing to forward the cause of the working women.

yep - that should be the end of her journalistic career. Lucky she isn't a war correspondent.

What do expect from Mason - he hasn't won one in awhile.... :blush:

The name Debbie Spilane comes to mind....I remember sneaking into the Manly sheds and she was in there interviewing Rowdy Shearer when a certain prop swang past in full view of Spillane swinging his member around.
Now something like that is alot more serious and uncalled for BUT should she have been in the male sheds when they were changing anyway- would male reporters be allowed in the netball sheds when the females are changing????

Cant wait to hear what Hadlee says about him on the show this weekend.
Best thing to do with Willie is ignore him.
Interview all the team and then walk past him. His comments mean **** anyway.

I can't beleive anyone still listens to Hadley tbh. I have a few times and it is utter rubbish. Much prefer the ABC, they put on a quality program

I gave up listening to Hadley and co a long while ago. It is so self-serving and self adulating I just could not stand it. Give me the ABC anytime. Despite some posters dislike of Wazza Ryan, the level of analysis and footy insight is streets ahead.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2