Marty Taupau challenges his critics: ‘Say it to my face’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On th
Well all we hear is how strong and tough he is, but on the field he is mostly invisible.
Hasn't impressed me at all, in fact he is just a Trex with cornrows:cool:

The media attention on his hit on Bird increases his likelihood of suspension now that he is in Manly colours :wondering:

We are a results driven supporter base - over to you Kapow :wait:
e field he's been invisible
Well all we hear is how strong and tough he is, but on the field he is mostly invisible.
Hasn't impressed me at all, in fact he is just a Trex with cornrows:cool:

The media attention on his hit on Bird increases his likelihood of suspension now that he is in Manly colours :wondering:

We are a results driven supporter base - over to you Kapow :wait:
On the field he has been mostly invisible? Are you serious? I must be watching last years games! Do you expect him to do the work of all the forwards? From what I've seen he's been performing quite well. He's scattering defenses & making breaks & scoring tries............& he will only get better!!!!!!!!

On the field he has been mostly invisible? Are you serious? I must be watching last years games! Do you expect him to do the work of all the forwards? From what I've seen he's been performing quite well. He's scattering defenses & making breaks & scoring tries............& he will only get better!!!!!!!!
Taupau still drifts in and out just like Trex - nothing impressive to date IMO
https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/manly-sea-eagles/martin-taupau#.VwWRsU995D8

I do hope that he gets more involved as we have him for 4 years @:cool:

Its laughable that people are supposedly referring to him as a 'grub'. He is just tough and a bit careless at times. But not a grub. Players like Reynolds, Cam Smith, Slater - they are grubs. A grub has a strong element of cattyness, they will strike while trying to hide their action and lashes out while their opponents back is turned etc. Tapaua is certainly not that

Its not necessarily a threat like "say it while I stand here & I will smash you"
More that ethical value - prefer to see the knife coming in front rather than a knife in the back....maybe the journo's have you hook , line & sinker TC as they portray Kapow like a standover.
Mate i could care less how he is portrayed, i don't even see him as all that aggressive on the field as much as he is portrayed.

Yeah the odd explosive hit up and hit, yeah the late shot was a cheap shot, yeah the odd silly hard ass gesture that is pointless for the most part, to me he just comes across as a down to earth person if you are asking me with a competitive streak----no different to 95% of the players playing.

Players know how to make a cheap shot look like an innocent miss timing in the same way you can make a play for the ball look as if you are trying to make a genuine tackle---it is all part of the art of the game.

I don't read the papers, just saw this thread and the quoted style of reply and thought he is not playing the wordsmith game----he comes across as smarter than that given he is not flooded with tattoos everywhere.

Remember fellow fans, he has only ever played 80mins a couple of times. As his fitness improves , so will he.

This bloke was trumpeted by someone (probably some nobody, Kelly? whatever) as one of the best signing in Manly history.

Not far off the mark. He set up our huge win tonight. His strength makes him a unique and at times unstoppable force.

I don't know who the dickhead is who is responsible for signing him but that is my favourite dickhead right now.

He is the best forward in the game at the moment. His discipline may let him down but he is a champion player.
He was clocking up huge numbers last year as well, I could never understand people saying he was a bad signing.
He is our best player and was awesome last year as well. My favourite player.

This bloke was trumpeted by someone (probably some nobody, Kelly? whatever) as one of the best signing in Manly history.

Not far off the mark. He set up our huge win tonight. His strength makes him a unique and at times unstoppable force.

I don't know who the dickhead is who is responsible for signing him but that is my favourite dickhead right now.
It was me.stop calling me a dickhead.

He was just passing at will, while carrying two and three defenders. Just when I thought he couldn't get it out ...bang....out it comes to support.
Watching the Parra/Cows game and Ennis referred to Marty's brilliant second phase play, as he (and I) couldn't understand why Toumolo wasn't doing the same.

He is playing in beast mode at the moment & my Rooster loving mate says how good he'd look in a Rooster jumper. Dream on Sunshine lol
Kapow & BJ are the Manly Dynamic Duo

He is our best player and was awesome last year as well. My favourite player.

He's been awesome since the back half of last year but (big call I know)..... if he can maintain the form (and discipline) displayed over the last two weeks for a substantial period of time is he the best forward we have signed since Kite?? or the best forward we have signed since BK???
The guy has been a colossus.. consider how we have gone with and without him in the team this year.

He is my favourite player,people said at the start of year we have a lack of leadership,but leadership is not always those that yell a lot on the field,sometimes it is those who just roll the sleeves up and others follow.If NSW had this guy to select he would be first player picked for SOO.Whatever others think,I believe that as Marty goes,so Manly goes,this guy is the alpha male and he has shown that he is smart and can learn from youthful mistakes which many others can't.Leadership is partly about taking on the challenges that others are nervous to face,I don't think he fears much,and not in a thug/brainless manner,he has a brain and lays it on the line.Footy games are initially won upfront and if you win that battle then you are half way there,if you lose that battle then you are paddling upstream with a small twig.

IMG_3403.JPG
There's really not a lot more to say :D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4