Maroon & White News - Football CLub Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know Lurker hates me preaching.. But Max has given tens of thousands of $$ to junior league investing in MONA Vale Raiders, Avalon and other junior league clubs on the Northern beaches for the past 40 years this being on top of the millions he invested into Manly. He must've realised that some of our greatest players ever have come from our own turf.
This article is great and finally speaks some truths we all want to know.
I bet the Penn camp are not happy with this but it's about time someone spoke.
We need to find a new investor to help our great club. It's so sad seeing it go down the drain so fast!

Injuries aside we have way to much happening behind closed doors that is not being said to the fans!!

Just Like Penn and Zorba have in recent days? There is simply too much acrimony between the two groups for that to happen. The football club have, as far as I know, remained fairly quiet in all of this. Obviously recent statements in the media by Penn and Zorba have touched a nerve and they felt the need to call them out on a few things. I say good on them.

Penn and Zorba obviously have an agenda and have no shame in the way they use the media to promote their cause. The football club are simply keeping their members informed and, as a member, I am happy with this. I may be wrong but I don't think they released their "position statement" to anyone but their members.

Either group mate - I have 0 allegiances to one over the other.

Lurker said: "We don't know any of it though. We don't know what happens behind the scenes."
Truer words have never been spoken!
a couple of serious contradictory statements are now in the public domain. Who has the most to lose? Can Penn have the football Club board reps removed from the MWSE board? Probably not. Penn cant let this just "go away". Was he present when the Gifty board meeting took place? Surely, there were minutes?
Thankfully they can't be removed. This was a a great thing done when the club was privatised. I'm sure if Penn was not present he would've had some form of representation there or alternate directors.
Gifty looks happy with Souths and I'm happy for him. It is about time we all move on from this. He was unfortunately injured a lot and maybe this was due to his fitness. He is playing great football, has never publicly bagged the club and I'm sure it's not that bad for him- I mean he only needs to travel over the bridge and is still very close to his mates on the Northern beaches!

Informative and respectful release there from the FC. It's still going to rub the Penn clan up the wrong way but that is the Penn's problem. I like that,

- the board acknowledges the great work that Tooves has done
- declared that everybody should take responsibility for the loss of Gift and learn the lessons from that
- praised Kelly for creating a retention and recruitment committee which Scott Penn is apart of

Zorba will have to watch himself. Scott Penn may be his nephew but even blood relatives can turn on you if you cause too much ****.
Let's hope they do. He has been the disease in the club that won't go away. Maybe without his influence we could be a better club

Let's hope they do. He has been the disease in the club that won't go away. Maybe without his influence we could be a better club

The football club is the only reason why I still sponsor and are a member.
I know how much these guys feel about the club. We are lucky to have these guys like Mal , cliffy, Tinka, Reilly, Vidmar , as I know how much they love the place.

Quantum dropped out because of financial reasons and shares were dropping, I highly doubt all motions the Penns put forward was rejected I'm sure they just saw what was best for club & if that meant saying no then so be it. Like would you like home games at Gosford...? I'm just wondering what allegations your talking about?

Over the years I believe they have made some great decisions. Who knows where Manly would be now if things had gone other ways!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been a Sea Eagles member for 9 years and a Leagues Club member for 5 years. Never thought about MWRLFC membership until reading this thread and I have just joined up. I know that the two votes that the MWRLFC has on the Board will not have any impact but thought that I should show support for an organisation that I believe has our beloved Sea Eagles' best interests at heart!

Last edited:
Quantum dropped out because of financial reasons and shares were dropping, I highly doubt all motions the Penns put forward was rejected I'm sure they just saw what was best for club & if that meant saying no then so be it. Like would you like home games at Gosford...? I'm just wondering what allegations your talking about?

Over the years I believe they have made some great decisions. Who knows where Manly would be now if things had gone other ways!
Not arguing with you Eaglesss but a point of clarification because people keep bringing this up but as a result of the club constitution no one can move more than 2 games a year to an alternate venue.

Personally I think quantum and Phil sydney have a lot to answer for. Way back to all the business with des. And if DCE was signed and sealed by quantum why isn't there any documentation. There seems to be a lot of unexplained stuff over the years. They had the controlling interest because the fc was voting with them. I don't wish family rifts upon people but I hope penn falls out with his in law zorba. I feel like if it was just penn there'd be less problems

Have now joined up wasnt even aware this was different to being a 'member' for game day #naive

I'm one 'better.' For years I didn't even know that you could join up and be a member of the footy club (the one for seats, where you get some merch, etc.)

when I finally did realise I joined....then it took another 2 years or so to realise I could join the mwrlfc for $25 a year....so I joined that as well - finally.

I'm also a member of the leagues club but I might let that one go. I'm not a manly local and I think it's been sold...I dunno.

Either way, to everyone, there has been a heap of threads on the differences and suggestions to join....but it seems for some reason that this thread has been the most successful in getting new members!

Awesome!

I didn't know there was only about 900 members though @Mark from Brisbane hope more join up!

I have been a Sea Eagles member for 9 years and a Leagues Club member for 5 years. Never thought about MWRLFC membership until reading this thread and I have just joined up. I know that the two votes that the MWRLFC has on the Board will not have any impact but thought that I should show support for an organisation that I believe has our beloved Sea Eagles' best interests at heart!

Welcome aboard buddy!!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6