Maroon and White news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Has just come out.

A new initiative from the footy club to keep in contact with us true supporters!

Seems pretty good.

Except for this bit....

We know many of our members live outside the northern beaches, many from regional NSW, lots from Queensland and others from around Australia. We even have some members in the USA and the UK.

:( Why don't us poor old fans in Canada get a mention? (fix this vidmar!)

Do I need to post more?

I do!

*grants wish!

Anyway.. good job guys and gals.

globaleagle said:
Has just come out.

A new initiative from the footy club to keep in contact with us true supporters!

Seems pretty good.

Except for this bit....

We know many of our members live outside the northern beaches, many from regional NSW, lots from Queensland and others from around Australia. We even have some members in the USA and the UK.

:( Why don't us poor old fans in Canada get a mention? (fix this vidmar!)

Do I need to post more?

I do!

*grants wish!

Anyway.. good job guys and gals.

smemotions18.gif
:p

Jethro said:

Oh go move a thread! :p lol

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Can you post the whole thing here

It's kinda long! (that's what she said!)....and even though I'm in dirty ol canada.....here goes:

Welcome to the first edition of the Maroon & White News.

Through this newsletter we hope to provide you, as a valued member of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club, with updates and information about things happening around the Club and the Sea Eagles.

We hope this will be a way of bringing everyone a bit closer.

Our friends at the Sea Eagles Head Office do a fantastic job reaching out to all supporters through Facebook, Twitter, the website and their email blasts, and are successfully encouraging more and more fans to sign up through their “Stronger Together” campaign.

The Football Club is not trying to compete with that. In fact we strongly encourage all Football Club members who haven’t done so to join as a Sea Eagles member if they can.

But we also want to communicate more with our Members and, as the custodians of the rich heritage of this Club, do more to promote our Club’s history.

The Football Club was established at a meeting held in Dee Why on Wednesday the 20th of November 1946. We have current members who joined around that time and we have members who are the sons and daughters of those who attended that first meeting.

It’s a history worth preserving and celebrating and we hope you find this newsletter of interest.

Then there's a whole bunch of segments also found on their website...

(renewals, donations, rupert hudson, board of directors)

http://manlyfootballclub.com.au/

Then a bit about some new guy....

At the first meeting of the re-elected Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Board for 2014, long-serving Chairman, Bob Reilly, announced his decision to step down from the Chairman’s position.

Bob will now serve as Deputy Chairman of the Club, with former Deputy Chairman Bob Stevenson elected unanimously by the Football Club Board to take over the role.

In a media statement issued by the Board, Bob Reilly said it had been a great honour to have served Football Club Members in the position over the last seven years and be part of the Club during a time in which the Sea Eagles had made every finals series and appeared in four grand finals, winning two Premierships.

New Chairman Bob Stevenson has served on the Board of the Football Club since 2009. He is well known to many members, particularly through his involvement as a co-founder of the Manly-Warringah Travelling Supporters Group.

Additionally, Bob Stevenson will serve as one of the Club’s two Directors on the Sea Eagles Board along with Julie Sibraa who was appointed to the Football Club Board as Company Secretary last October.

And that's it!

Party on :)

For you to show you're a douche/tough guy/genius/gansta rapper (choice of 2) I guess.

Mission accomplished.

Because, as it's the off season and there's a million news threads, the point certainly wasn't to show people that the footy club has undertaken a new initiative. Maybe interesting some people to join the club, learn about that aspect of it's operations and get more familiar with its directors of which 1 is a regular poster on here.

Nope, none of that was the point, I think it was for all of us to be dazzled with your insight by slamming , in what must surely be going to be judged by future generations as the internet's ultimate contribution, a seemingly random thread of which your brilliant Pulitzer award winning response could have been attributed, nay utilised on any number of threads contained within this section of the forum.

Tis such a shame when talent goes wasted, truly.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
@globaleagle Gees your touchy today GE, did you accidentally sit on a moose antler? :D

It's "Jeez" you stupid toad poker!

lol, see what I did there? Acted all angry and gansta!

:angel::heart:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4