Mark Geyer Brain Dead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"It wasn't a grapple tackle,'' said Geyer.

"I'm probably an expert on the judiciary because I spent 34 weeks on the sidelines because of them. I copped that because I sailed close to the wind on many occasions. But for a player like him (Smith), who's a real ornament to the game, who never plays outside the rules, to miss a preliminary final and maybe a grand final, it's just not rugby league.

"Let's get rid of the carryover points, the discounts, the loadings, it's all crap. If someone keeps offending and coming up before the judiciary, keep increasing his time on the sidelines until he gets the message.

"It deterred me. It didn't stop me doing it, although in retrospect it was the wrong way to play. But for a cleanskin like Smith, to have something he did in round one come back to bite him like it could, the system is all wrong.''

Warriorstowin13plus link said:
\"It wasn't a grapple tackle,'' said Geyer.

\"I'm probably an expert on the judiciary because I spent 34 weeks on the sidelines because of them. I copped that because I sailed close to the wind on many occasions. But for a player like him (Smith), who's a real ornament to the game, who never plays outside the rules, to miss a preliminary final and maybe a grand final, it's just not rugby league.

\"Let's get rid of the carryover points, the discounts, the loadings, it's all crap. If someone keeps offending and coming up before the judiciary, keep increasing his time on the sidelines until he gets the message.

\"It deterred me. It didn't stop me doing it, although in retrospect it was the wrong way to play. But for a cleanskin like Smith, to have something he did in round one come back to bite him like it could, the system is all wrong.''

Ahhh too many quotes in that to really do them all

But where he says "If someone keeps offending and coming up before the judiciary, keep increasing his time on the sidelines until he gets the message."

That is the idea of carry over points numb nuts.

then "to have something he did in round one come back to bite him like it could, the system is all wrong."

Ah doesn't that contradict everything that he said beforehand?

It's a worry that so many ex-players consider that attempting to rip heads of is an OK thing to do.  Non of them talk about what constitutes a legal tackle in all of this.  It's just about shielding foul play.  There was a move by someone to restrict tacklers to two only in the tackle and no arms aboe the nipple line.  Sounds sexy, but good.  To sensible for the NRL to consider. 

DSM5 link said:
There was a move by someone to restrict tacklers to two only in the tackle and no arms aboe the nipple line.  Sounds sexy, but good.  To sensible for the NRL to consider. 

That was the 2 medicos, Cross and another bloke I think DSM.

Sounded like it was going ta far and a fair bit unworkable to me though.

I can't see it as unworkable.  Just penalize the third tackler or any tackler who tackles above the nipple line.  Be consistent and it would eliminate this around the neck type of thing that creeps in during a match.  It would be a simple thing to police especially if there are two refs on the ground.  It always astounds me the crap that goes on when you have four sets of officials eyes looking at the play. 

Jatz, I know.  It really pizzes me that touch judges can't see forward passes when everyone else at the ground can, so I suppose asking them to notify of neck stuff might be difficult.  But surely the video ref could.  The greatest scourge in our game is the crap officials.  Get them to have some balls and the game would progress.

What I find curious is when the touchy steps infield to verbal players involved in completing a tackle (supposedly to ensure no foul play is going on) and we all fans see something illegal and the recipient player gets up looking at the touchy with a "did you see that in the tackle touchy" ..............and nothing. LOL.

DSM5 link said:
There was a move by someone to restrict tacklers to two only in the tackle and no arms aboe the nipple line.  Sounds sexy, but good.  To sensible for the NRL to consider. 
Agreed DSM.  Igor suggested a limit of two tacklers after the horrific Luke O'Donnell wishbone tackle.  That one rule change would cut out most of this wrestling rubbish, reduce injuries and reward good attackers and defenders.  10 metre gap might then be shortened to lessen the new attacking advantage.  Stripping rule only applies if more than two in tackle (cleaning that one up too).  More than two in tackle means the tackle count doesn't increment.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6