Maria charged 1 match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The judiciary may go with reverse Manly loading.
He's playing Manly this week so no charge.

Differences to Les Boyd's tackle on Darryl Brohman:
1. Broken jaw (Hargreaves hit probably would have done the same on Brohman)
2. 12 months suspension versus one week, possibly none
3. SOO v club game (isn't everything let go in SOO & grand finals?)
4. 1983 v 2013 (hasn't the game been cleaned up in the last 30 years?)
5. One player played for Manly at the time

Balanced responses?

I just saw it again on tv, if he doesn't get a week for that I'll eat GE's hat!

According to NRL site he is charged with 'dangerous contact'. It looked dangerous to me. If the judiciary agrees it was dangerous then he should be found guilty.

There is no way they can let him off. If you watch the footage you can see JWH clearly look directly where he was going and raised elbow exactly where he was looking. Some people were saying he was just spinning around out of a tackle and wasn't even looking. BULLCRAP!! He was looking directly at point of impact.

THE qualifying final fate of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves hangs on the Roosters being able to convince the NRL judiciary that he accidentally elbowed Rabbitohs defender Chris McQueen in self defence last Friday night.

Waerea-Hargreaves to fight dangerous contact charge

The qualifying final fate of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves hangs on the Roosters being able to convince the NRL judiciary that he accidentally elbowed Rabbitohs defender Chris McQueen in self defence last Friday night.

Sam Burgess avoids eye gouge charge

As the NRL on Monday sent a written warning to South Sydney over Sam Burgess’s behaviour in the same match, Waerea-Hargreaves was hit with a grade one dangerous contact charge that’s left his place in Saturday night’s second qualifying final against Manly on a knife’s edge.

Facing a one-week ban of regardless of his plea, the firebrand Kiwi elected to fight the charge in a hastened hearing at League Central on Tuesday evening.

Risking just 30 additional carry-over points should he be found guilty, Waerea-Hargreaves will not be able to rely on previous cases that could demonstrate inconsistency on behalf of the match review committee.

The most glaring was Sharks centre Ben Pomeroy using a forearm to fend-off Kurt Gidley in round 22, which was reported by on-field officials.

The match review committee did not charge Pomeroy, however Cronulla did receive a written warning about the incident.

It’s understood the difference between the Pomeroy and Waerea-Hargreaves was the point of initial contact.

The committee determined Gidley was originally struck in the chest, whereas Waerea-Hargreaves made initial contact with the throat of McQueen.

Melbourne prop Bryan Norrie was the most recent player to be charged with making dangerous contact with the forearm, pleading guilty to the offence on Brisbane’s Sam Thaiday in round 24 last year.

The Roosters won’t be able to rely on that incident either, because precedents are only admissible when players contest the grading of offences.

Roosters CEO Brian Canavan last said the defence would most likely contest that Waerea-Hargreaves was acting in self defence, and therefore did not intend to strike McQueen in a dangerous fashion.

It’s understood the Roosters could also present a video file of the player’s propensity to fend-off tacklers in self defence.

They’ve engaged lawyer James McLeod, who beat the odds to have Boyd Cordner defeat a striking charge in June following a punch to the head of Parramatta’s Matt Ryan.

The committee also considered charging Burgess for tampering with the face of Roosters pivot James Maloney late in the encounter.

Footage of the incident created an uproar among Roosters fans, who felt their five-eighth had been eye gouged.

Maloney has since declared no ill-feeling toward Burgess, but the committee was concerned enough to send Souths a warning note Monday.

“It was concerning action,” committee boss Greg McCallum said.

“We’ve said to Souths that those sorts of incidents could result in charges.”

Waerea-Hargreaves has already missed five matches through suspension this year, after being sent-off for a high tackle on Manly opposite George Rose in May.

Should he be outed Tuesday night, the Roosters will rely on the return of Luke O’Donnell from a dangerous throw ban to bolster their front row.

O’Donnell, however, has played just one match in the past six weeks after also missing a fortnight due to a virus in August.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/jared-waerea-hargreaves-to-fight-dangerous-contact-charge-at-nrl-judiciary/story-e6frf3ou-1226715278031#ixzz2ePJhxfu5

It's crapola regarding burgess as whilst you can argue that JWH was spinning out of a tackle and contact was accidental.....

No one can argue that sam's actions were accidental. They were a deliberate and premeditated action of gouging another player's eyes. If that's not worth 1-2 weeks then it's well and good that fossil McCallum is retiring.

Talk about protected!

edit: If the roosters try and use self defence as a 'defence' for the actions then I'd give him 4 weeks for the worlds stupidest attempted reason. "I was being tackled...so it was self defence your honour!"

globaleagle said:
It's crapola regarding burgess as whilst you can argue that JWH was spinning out of a tackle and contact was accidental.....

No one can argue that sam's actions were accidental. They were a deliberate and premeditated action of gouging another player's eyes. If that's not worth 1-2 weeks then it's well and good that fossil McCallum is retiring.

Talk about protected!

edit: If the roosters try and use self defence as a 'defence' for the actions then I'd give him 4 weeks for the worlds stupidest attempted reason. "I was being tackled...so it was self defence your honour!"

I do hear you global but I still think Reflux was the worlds stupidist get off excuse, and we own that one

Do you think Matai would have got a warning letter for the dog act of gouging. The pommy **** has just served a suspension for grabbing a players nuts and now gets a warning letter for an eye gouge. This is just an absurd joke the lengths the NRL are going to to protect their cash cow darlings.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves defence team have come up with what they believe is a certain way to avoid suspension over his elbow. They have decided to change his name to Jared Waerea-Burgess.

Last year, the Easts' Lawyer got Minni off from twice attacking the head of Dugan - so JWH will play in the losing side on Saturday :cool:

bones said:
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves defence team have come up with what they believe is a certain way to avoid suspension over his elbow. They have decided to change his name to Jared Waerea-Burgess.

Then he would be eligible to play for qld as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6