Manly's Whare wants to shed Mr Fix-It tag

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly's versatile back Dean Whare says he is determined to shed his title as the NRL club's Mr Fix-It.

The 22-year-old has done brilliantly filling in at centre, wing and fullback this season to cover gaps left by injury and representative commitments.
But the off-contract player, who scored two tries on the wing against Canberra in round nine, now wants to shore up a starting role at the club - and is eyeing off the left wing spot outside experienced centre Steve Matai.
Rookie Jorge Taufua is currently occupying the No.2 jersey, which has also been worn by Michael Oldfield this season, but his rocks or diamonds performances have opened the door for Whare.
"Hopefully I can get a starting spot instead of playing every second week or only filling in when someone is injured," Whare told AAP.
"Maybe on the wing (is my best chance). Probably outside Steve Matai, we've got a good combination at training and we're good mates off the field.
"Hopefully everything goes right and I can get a starting spot there."
Whare deputised for NSW Origin fullback Brett Stewart against the Sydney Roosters on the weekend and was among Manly's most dangerous players in attack.
He's also had four games in the centres to cover for Matai - a scenario which causes the New Zealand international plenty of grief.
"When I get in there and play for him he says he gets a bit nervous and thinks I'm going to steal his spot," Whare said.
"But then he comes out and gets the man of the match the next week."
Whare is off-contract at the end of the season and sees his future at Brookvale, but admits his manager Darryl Mather is exploring all options.
"My manager is talking to a few clubs, including Manly," Whare said.
"I'm still interested in staying at Manly and being a long-term player there.
"I've really enjoyed my time here and everything the club has done for me. I'm really comfortable here at the moment."
http://www.nrl.com/manlys-whare-wants-to-shed-mr-fix-it-tag/tabid/10874/newsid/67579/default.aspx

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6