1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly's Perfect Storm 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by wizball1973, Sep 25, 2011.

1. wizball1973

wizball1973 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 1
    Phil Gould voice...WOW!

I cannot believe how well things have gone for us this year. I've been an NZ Sea Eagles fan for 26 years and this has been the best year as a fan. Look at all the pieces that have fallen into place:

1.We have unearthed a boom half-back the likes of which you might see two of every generation. He's also loyal.

2.His half partner is THE perfect foil. They are not clones of each other but complement each other as well as any since Stuart and Daley.

3.T-Rex has been transformed from an average back to one of the first picked. As a forward he goes 80 minutes and is a human wrecking ball. If he comes of the bench then he's the definition of impact.

4.Buhrer has emerged as a jack-of-all-trades. He can slot in anywhere and invariably does damage when he comes off the bench.

5.Hoppa has proven himself to be one of the best finishers in the game. Fortunately, he will be gone for two years. I say that as I can't see him fitting under the salary cap for now. But, in two years he will return and likely take Jamie's spot and pay cheque.

6.Lussick has emerged as the new enforcer.

7.We avaoided the Tigers and the Dragons. Got the Broncos without Lockyer and the Storm folded. We have our ideal Grand Final opponents - we are their bogie team. We should win this by plenty.

8.We haven't bought any big dollar players / didn't waste any cap space on has-beens.

9.We'll be favourites next year with our half combination alone.

Stewart
    Williams
    Matai
    Lyon
    Oldfield
    Foran
    Cherry-Evans
    Stewart
    Williams
    Watmough
    King
    Ballin
    Kite

Rose
    Lussick
    Joe
    Buhrer

Who is going to stop that?

2. Stuey Davis Socks

Stuey Davis Socks Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +179 / 3
    Stating the obvious but we won't be anywhere near as strong on the wings as precious seasons with Hoppa & Robbo gone + Wolfman out for extended period & TRex settling nicely into the forwards. Interesting to see if we go into the market for a cheapie or two

3. wizball1973

wizball1973 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 1
    Oldfield and Whare will go OKish. Better than doing a Storm and not worrying about the cap.

4. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Wolfman should be sweet for next year, but I wouldn't sweat on him being able to play out the whole year.

We also get Farrar. I reckon Oldfield will also improve with another year in him.