Manlys NSW Cup & First Grade Sides

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IQofalimabean said:
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer
Is Horo a better option than Tom Symonds, Dunamis Lui or JSL? Given Manly struggled for meters this year.

That is the same forward pack we had for most of the season, and we all seem to be of the opinion that it is not strong enough to handle the big boppers from Souffs, the Book Cookers and the Scumdogs.
Thus, I'm hoping some new forwards force their way into the team.

Stevo said:
Lord Eagleton said:
Jayden Hodges has to be on the bench. He is electric and with more minutes in the 1st team he will get better. Maybe Toovs will consider using 2 hookers like Des used to, with Le'Strange/Ballin in '08.

You're forgetting Buhrer.

There is no way Little Hodges will sit on the bench when Buhrer is a more than capable back up dummy half. Unless we pick up some cheap big front rowers like Mason and they use Lui as a front rower.

I wouldnt have Buhrer as a back up 9. Id have him as a starting backrower. Or bench backrower, at worst.

The Who said:
IQofalimabean said:
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer
Is Horo a better option than Tom Symonds, Dunamis Lui or JSL? Given Manly struggled for meters this year.

That is the same forward pack we had for most of the season, and we all seem to be of the opinion that it is not strong enough to handle the big boppers from Souffs, the Book Cookers and the Scumdogs.

its the same forward pack that beat souths, the rorters and the scumdogs

Fluffy said:
The Who said:
IQofalimabean said:
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

And the forward pack minus Jamie, Choc and Matty B that would have beaten the Dogs in the Semi if the refs had had the guts to make the right call against Reynolds. The Dogs are supposedly one of the teams with the giant forwards that you now need. Agree though that we need to find a prop who can regularly make 120+ metres per game.

Lord Eagleton said:
Stevo said:
Lord Eagleton said:
Jayden Hodges has to be on the bench. He is electric and with more minutes in the 1st team he will get better. Maybe Toovs will consider using 2 hookers like Des used to, with Le'Strange/Ballin in '08.

You're forgetting Buhrer.

There is no way Little Hodges will sit on the bench when Buhrer is a more than capable back up dummy half. Unless we pick up some cheap big front rowers like Mason and they use Lui as a front rower.

I wouldnt have Buhrer as a back up 9. Id have him as a starting backrower. Or bench backrower, at worst.

He will be starting at lock. But he's still a back up hooker. Doesn't have to sit on the bench to do that.

Fluffy said:
The Who said:
IQofalimabean said:
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

It's a weaker forward pack than 2014 with less depth with the departure of Kingy, Glen and possibly Choc with not much added. At the beginning of 2014 the "experts" said we wouldn't win the comp because of our lack of forward depth. They were absolutely spot on and in 2015 we will have even less depth.

Well this expert says that souffs wouldn't have won the comp this year with Sam Burgess missing, Luke and the backup hooker missing, Teo Suspended and Tom Burgess breaking his neck and retiring a few weeks before the season kicked off. This is the situation we had in our last game, do you really think the experts were talking about this happening.

I don't, I think they were saying we wouldn't be able to match it week in week out over 26 rounds to be well enough placed to make a good run at the finals, when the truth is we finished equal first and barring a major ref blunder against the dogs we would have made the Prelim final game.

Mine:
1. B.Stewart
2. C.Gutherson
3. J.Lyon ©
4. S.Matai (Hiku if Matai is released)
5. C.Blair
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. D. Lui
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. J. Sene-Lefao (assuming Watmough is released)
12. T. Symonds
13. J.Buhrer

Bench:
14. J.Tafua (as a backrower)
15. Z.Tetevano
16. J.Trbojevic
17. L.Sao

Sorry, I just don't rate Starling, and Hiku is better suited one in I think (obviously only if Matai was released which I hope he isn't). We may also buy Mason or Merrin apparently so either would come into the side with probably Sao dropping off.

Fluffy said:
Well this expert says that souffs wouldn't have won the comp this year with Sam Burgess missing, Luke and the backup hooker missing, Teo Suspended and Tom Burgess breaking his neck and retiring a few weeks before the season kicked off. This is the situation we had in our last game, do you really think the experts were talking about this happening.

I don't, I think they were saying we wouldn't be able to match it week in week out over 26 rounds to be well enough placed to make a good run at the finals, when the truth is we finished equal first and barring a major ref blunder against the dogs we would have made the Prelim final game.

I like your thinking.

rosco said:
Fluffy said:
The Who said:
IQofalimabean said:
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

And the forward pack minus Jamie, Choc and Matty B that would have beaten the Dogs in the Semi if the refs had had the guts to make the right call against Reynolds. The Dogs are supposedly one of the teams with the giant forwards that you now need. Agree though that we need to find a prop who can regularly make 120+ metres per game.

We are a different team. We share the metres around and relied heavily on matai, hiku and taufua to hit it up for tough metres. We play "total football" across the park. I think we are unique.

Us and souths are apples and oranges. Canterbury's back 3 on the other hand are woeful, and dont advance things much for them.

Injuries cruelled us, not footy style. Having said that another meter eating forward would be a good addition.

@technical_coach am I on to something?

Dicko said:
2015 Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Teams
FIRST GRADE
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon (C)
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

Bench:
14. J.Sene-Lefao
15. E.Lauaki
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui

NSW CUP
1. C.Gutherson
2. D.Berryman
3. B.Williame
4. C.Blair
5. D.Williams
6. J.Littlejohn (C)
7. Z.Nicholls
8. Z.Tetevano
9. J.Hodges
10. T.Andrews
11. B.Leary
12. J.Hasson
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
15. U.Baker
16. M.Chee-Kam
17. L.Sao

Unused:
M.Iosefa, T.Satini, M.Rudolph

These are the teams I consider most likely to take the field in 2015, if we stick with what we have and make no more signings. Thoughts??

FIRST GRADE
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon ©
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

Bench:
14. J.Sene-Lefao
15. J.Trbojevic
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui

NSW CUP
1. C.Gutherson
2. D.Berryman
3. B.Wiliame
4. C.Blair
5. D.Williams
6. J.Littlejohn ©
7. M.Rudolph
8. Z.Tetevano
9. J.Hodges
10. T.Andrews
11. B.Leary
12. J.Hasson
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. E.Lauaki
15. U.Baker
16. M.Chee-Kam
17. L.Sao

# M.Rudolph will be NSW Cup starting Halfback

# Z.Nicholls will play Holden Cup. Still has another year in the 20's.

# If J.Trbojevic doesn't bench for FG he will be NSW Cup starting Prop (8), Z.Tetevano to NSW Cup 2FR (12) & J.Hasson to the NSW Cup bench OR he will be promoted to FG bench, which would bring M.Chee-Kam off the NSW Cup bench & into the NSW Cup starting 2FR (12).

# M.Iosefa will be NSW Cup cover in the halves if J.Littlejohn or M.Rudolph get promoted.

# T.Satini will be NSW Cup cover in the centres if C.Gutherson, C.Blair or D.Williams get promoted.

Bird Up said:
Dicko said:
FIRST GRADE
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon (C)
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

Bench:
14. J.Sene-Lefao
15. E.Lauaki
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui

NSW CUP
1. C.Gutherson
2. D.Berryman
3. B.Williame
4. C.Blair
5. D.Williams
6. J.Littlejohn (C)
7. Z.Nicholls
8. Z.Tetevano
9. J.Hodges
10. T.Andrews
11. B.Leary
12. J.Hasson
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. J.Trbojevic
15. U.Baker
16. M.Chee-Kam
17. L.Sao

Unused:
M.Iosefa, T.Satini, M.Rudolph

These are the teams I consider most likely to take the field in 2015, if we stick with what we have and make no more signings. Thoughts??

FIRST GRADE
1. B.Stewart
2. J.Taufua
3. J.Lyon ©
4. S.Matai
5. P.Hiku
6. K.Foran
7. D.Cherry-Evans
8. J.Starling
9. M.Ballin
10. B.Lawrence
11. A.Watmough
12. J.Horo
13. J.Buhrer

Bench:
14. J.Sene-Lefao
15. J.Trbojevic
16. T.Symonds
17. D.Lui

NSW CUP
1. C.Gutherson
2. D.Berryman
3. B.Wiliame
4. C.Blair
5. D.Williams
6. J.Littlejohn ©
7. M.Rudolph
8. Z.Tetevano
9. J.Hodges
10. T.Andrews
11. B.Leary
12. J.Hasson
13. J.Hopoate

Bench:
14. E.Lauaki
15. U.Baker
16. M.Chee-Kam
17. L.Sao

# M.Rudolph will be NSW Cup starting Halfback

# Z.Nicholls will play Holden Cup. Still has another year in the 20's.

# If J.Trbojevic doesn't bench for FG he will be NSW Cup starting Prop (8), Z.Tetevano to NSW Cup 2FR (12) & J.Hasson to the NSW Cup bench OR he will be promoted to FG bench, which would bring M.Chee-Kam off the NSW Cup bench & into the NSW Cup starting 2FR (12).

# M.Iosefa will be NSW Cup cover in the halves if J.Littlejohn or M.Rudolph get promoted.

# T.Satini will be NSW Cup cover in the centres if C.Gutherson, C.Blair or D.Williams get promoted.

Don't forget you have 11 boys coming up from the 20s. ( If they all turn up ) There will be players cut from the NSW Cup team because of numbers

You often have to wait to have surgery if there is excessive swelling

I know the key hole surgery today is not like it was years ago. But the last thing we need is to rush jimmie back n have him do his knee again. I'm happy if he doesn't play till June. Finals ain't till September.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4