Manly's next version of the Stewart brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Good article on Jake and Tom T in the daily terrorgraph.

GLENN Stewart’s move to South Sydney has brought an end to one of the most dominant brotherly partnerships in rugby league history but Manly won’t have to wait long for another one.

Meet the Sea Eagles’ next king pin siblings — Jake and Tom Trbojevic.

A fullback and front rower, the Trbojevic brothers are born and bred locals considered the future of Manly.

It is a label that would be daunting to most but the young guns insist they are taking it all in their strides.

“I appreciate people saying those sorts of things but we know that is a long way off,” Jake said.

“They’ve played 10 years together and we have never played together so we are a long way off that. It is something to aim towards but we don’t think we’re them.”

Tom added; “It is quite funny just the way it worked out — two fullbacks and two forwards.”

Living together at the family home in Mona Vale the brothers are yet to play a single game together in any grade.

With Tom making the jump to the NYC, 2014 was their first opportunity to line-up together however Jake was promoted to NSW Cup despite still being eligible for the NYC.

“We’ve always been two years apart,” Jake said.

“Last year we could have played together because he played Under 20s but I didn’t, so it didn’t work out.

“It would be pretty cool to play with your brother.”

Last year 17-year-old Tom rejected some big money offers from rivals to re-sign with the Sea Eagles — tying both men to the club until the end of 2016.

The rangy fullback has spent the pre-season training alongside his brother in the full-time squad which puts them a step closer to realising their dream.

“Growing up together playing footy it is good to be training together and hopefully play together one day,” Tom said.

“Ultimate goal is to play NRL. We joke about playing together all the time saying stuff like ‘I’ll put you over for a try’ and that sort of thing.”

Studying economics and finance at Macquarie University, Tom in 2014 represented NSW in the under 18s alongside Newcastle rookie sensation Sione Mata’utia.

Mata’utia enjoyed a breakout rookie season, going on to play for Australia in the Four Nations — and according to league legend Matthew Johns; it’s just a matter of time until Tom joins him.

“It inspires you to play the game and gives you a good feeling,” he said of Johns’ comments.

The confident young gun, who was a standout at the Auckland Nines last week, said he has been acting like a sponge around Brett Stewart at training.

Looking up to Stewart and Jamie Lyon as a child, he said training alongside his heroes has been surreal.

“First training session I was passing the ball to Jamie Lyon and I was like ‘wow’,” he said.

“I felt like I was dreaming.

“On the training field (Brett) helps me out and gives me tips on where to be.

298428-8e1b8350-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

A young Tom Trbojevic selected for NSW Under 12's interstate championships in Darwin.

“You look at the way he plays and definitely try and mirror some of the attributes when you try and play because he is so good.”

While Tom will push for a spot in the NRL side along with the likes of Clint Gutherson, the older of the duo, Jake, 19 made his NRL debut against Penrith in round 26 of season 2013.

Having worked his way through Manly’s lower grades, Jake has only recently returned to full contact training following two nasty leg injuries he suffered when a ball carrier landed awkwardly on his leg while he was making a tackle.

298454-8f799476-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

Jake Trbojevic in action.

“Last year I got injured,” he said.

“I broke my leg and dislocated my ankle. I did it in round 15 and five months on its still not 100 per cent right. I’m still in rehab a bit. I’ve been running but it has been pulling up sore. The leg is fine, it’s my ankle. The dislocation has caused the ligaments to be tight.”

While Tom said he is happy to stay patient and bide his time for his chance in first grade, Jake is confident he won’t need to act as a body guard.

“He’s pretty fast. He’d be right,” he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...stewart-brothers/story-fni3gnk1-1227210298766

Last edited by a moderator:
A very positive article about 2 brothers who will be a massive part of our future. So refreshing to see such a positive article.

Dont ever fear change because we have some of the best kids coming through and these boys are local lads too.

I cannot wait to see both of them playing first grade. it excites me that we will have some local juniors running around for manly, i hope for a long time.

Someone needs to work hard to paste it. I won't give those bastards a cent. C'mon!!!!

Jake and Tom Trbojevic are Manly’s younger version of the Stewart brothers
  • NATHAN RYAN
  • FOX SPORTS
  • FEBRUARY 06, 2015 12:20PM

Ikin and Johns on the future of the Cherry-Evans - Foran partnership
external

Ikin and Johns on the future of the Cher...
GLENN Stewart’s move to South Sydney has brought an end to one of the most dominant brotherly partnerships in rugby league history but Manly won’t have to wait long for another one.

Meet the Sea Eagles’ next king pin siblings — Jake and Tom Trbojevic.

A fullback and front rower, the Trbojevic brothers are born and bred locals considered the future of Manly.

It is a label that would be daunting to most but the young guns insist they are taking it all in their strides.

298608-8d1db450-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

Jake Trbojevic during his NRL debut in 2013.

“I appreciate people saying those sorts of things but we know that is a long way off,” Jake said.

“They’ve played 10 years together and we have never played together so we are a long way off that. It is something to aim towards but we don’t think we’re them.”

UPSET TOOVEY HAS HAD ENOUGH

Tom added; “It is quite funny just the way it worked out — two fullbacks and two forwards.”

298634-89f0312c-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

Manly Sea Eagles rising star Tom Trbojevic.

Living together at the family home in Mona Vale the brothers are yet to play a single game together in any grade.

With Tom making the jump to the NYC, 2014 was their first opportunity to line-up together however Jake was promoted to NSW Cup despite still being eligible for the NYC.

“We’ve always been two years apart,” Jake said.

“Last year we could have played together because he played Under 20s but I didn’t, so it didn’t work out.

298348-88793eb0-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

Tom Trbojevic of the Sea Eagles scores a try during the Auckland Nines.

“It would be pretty cool to play with your brother.”

Last year 17-year-old Tom rejected some big money offers from rivals to re-sign with the Sea Eagles — tying both men to the club until the end of 2016.

The rangy fullback has spent the pre-season training alongside his brother in the full-time squad which puts them a step closer to realising their dream.

“Growing up together playing footy it is good to be training together and hopefully play together one day,” Tom said.

298376-8b128de8-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

Sea Eagles young gun Tom Trbojevic.

“Ultimate goal is to play NRL. We joke about playing together all the time saying stuff like ‘I’ll put you over for a try’ and that sort of thing.”

Studying economics and finance at Macquarie University, Tom in 2014 represented NSW in the under 18s alongside Newcastle rookie sensation Sione Mata’utia.

Mata’utia enjoyed a breakout rookie season, going on to play for Australia in the Four Nations — and according to league legend Matthew Johns; it’s just a matter of time until Tom joins him.

298402-915c8028-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

A 17-year-old Jake Trbojevic.

“It inspires you to play the game and gives you a good feeling,” he said of Johns’ comments.

The confident young gun, who was a standout at the Auckland Nines last week, said he has been acting like a sponge around Brett Stewart at training.

Looking up to Stewart and Jamie Lyon as a child, he said training alongside his heroes has been surreal.

“First training session I was passing the ball to Jamie Lyon and I was like ‘wow’,” he said.

“I felt like I was dreaming.

“On the training field (Brett) helps me out and gives me tips on where to be.

298428-8e1b8350-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

A young Tom Trbojevic selected for NSW Under 12's interstate championships in Darwin.

“You look at the way he plays and definitely try and mirror some of the attributes when you try and play because he is so good.”

While Tom will push for a spot in the NRL side along with the likes of Clint Gutherson, the older of the duo, Jake, 19 made his NRL debut against Penrith in round 26 of season 2013.

Having worked his way through Manly’s lower grades, Jake has only recently returned to full contact training following two nasty leg injuries he suffered when a ball carrier landed awkwardly on his leg while he was making a tackle.

298454-8f799476-acdb-11e4-a510-d1bd13510f2d.jpg

Jake Trbojevic in action.

“Last year I got injured,” he said.

“I broke my leg and dislocated my ankle. I did it in round 15 and five months on its still not 100 per cent right. I’m still in rehab a bit. I’ve been running but it has been pulling up sore. The leg is fine, it’s my ankle. The dislocation has caused the ligaments to be tight.”

While Tom said he is happy to stay patient and bide his time for his chance in first grade, Jake is confident he won’t need to act as a body guard.

“He’s pretty fast. He’d be right,” he said.

Originally published as Manly’s next version of Stewart brothers

I am guessing they will get to play NSW cup together this year sooner rather than later, possibly even round 1.

That is assuming you don't count the trials

Can't wait for them to be playing in first grade together. ...local juniors and surnames that are commentators nightmares.

which one is the new gifty? Is it the jake the forward by default???

I've been telling people about these boys all pre season. Look out for the Turbos....

And what's up with the Daily Telegraph? Is it 364 days of Manly bashing and then 1 day of positive articles?

I've been telling people about these boys all pre season. Look out for the Turbos....

And what's up with the Daily Telegraph? Is it 364 days of Manly bashing and then 1 day of positive articles?
They're just buttering us up for the next wave of stink they send our way.

Just goes to show that for every favourite player we have that moves on there is always another that will follow

I was very excited to see young Tom in the 9s. Blistering speed like a baby Snake. Yet to see if he has the defensive skills and magic hands but jeez the little kid looks the goods so far.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6