Manlys left side attack...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where does DCE stand in all of this. He hasnt got a mention. Seems to me he's running sideways way to often and other sides have worked him out. Needs to be more direct if you ask me.

HappilyManly said:
The elephant in the room Gents:sleepy:

That sloth T-ex, is no longer breaking down the play as it flows to the left :exclamation: Manly has finally dislodged that obstruction:dodgy:

Loved the last two weeks' stretching to the right and immediately turning it back to score on the left.:)

Win Big Manly :angel:

a squirt or two of WD40 is needed on the right side these days, to unclog the choked up passing. And one set of blinkers pointed towards the try line - strapped on.

DSM5 said:
Where does DCE stand in all of this. He hasnt got a mention. Seems to me he's running sideways way to often and other sides have worked him out. Needs to be more direct if you ask me.

Should be the new stat METERS SIDEWAYS. - or the Cliffy stat.

got to agree with that about Foran having more space and time, and choosing better options TC.

If you want to give 3-2-1 for biggest heart each week, he probably always gets 3's and 2's. But it astounds me that people here always have him in the top 3 week in week out.
Of late, i think he is hitting his straps, but previously he would not so much as go missing, but this year and last year he would tend to go in and out of games and then usually come on strong in the final 20 minutes when manly are behind.

With his ticker, I reckon he may turn out to be a great player, his defence isn't a problem! I'd like to see a few more instances of his effort against the roosters a couple of years back each year where he controlled the team in attack as good as some of the greats of the past.

I know this isn't going to be a popular post! :)

Its all just opinion TC, does not mean I'm right or your wrong, but I stand by the claim the left side has more potential than often shown & was excited to see this shown in the Eels game regardless of it being 2nd rate opposition - did not mean to offend.

I also disagree that the right side is overrated though I do think theres at times too much pressure on the right to score points, often leading to error.
On Gift I agree he has not changed his style, but believe he come back too early still carrying injury & in a tough match - Souths??
His speed though never been electric, is just a step off, contributing to him being closed down & often making an awkward/frustrated looking play since his return combined with at times on the back of a slow play the ball.

I have massive belief in our right & left sides & why wouldn't I - world class centres, super finishers in Wolf/Taufua & the best young halves in the game.

My opinion of attacking problems has been the same all year. Not a right or left thing....
Its simply imo, often losing the ruck. Slow play the balls after a lack of direct running & too much sideways.
PPl can blame the halves & often do but it starts in that ruck area & I have seen Lockyer/Lewis/Johns look ordinary behind a team who lack punch & dominance through the middle.

From NRL.com
Both sides have scored exactly 27 tries apiece in 2013 with Foran’s combination with Justin Horo, Steve Matai and Jorge Taufua just as lethal as Cherry-Evans, Anthony Watmough, Jamie Lyon and David Williams on the right
read the full article;

http://www.nrl.com/ballin-confused-by-manly-strength/tabid/10874/newsid/73587/default.aspx

DSM5 said:

DCE's issues have not been overlooked just mentioned so often time to give him a break.

Todays performance was pretty average against a bottom 8 team, in the past I have always suspected Manly does not respect or rate the Titans highly and it shows in their performances.

What worried me and sort of backs up my own thoughts is the interview before the game Toovey gave to Ch9. Tooves seemed to be overly confident Manly was going to put in a good performance coming across in a way that suggested we have scored a few points recently and i'm expecting more of the same today.During the game Watmough was interviewed and he also gave away that "we wanted to put a few points on the board and defend well" which in some ways sounds a little over confident but it is probably just me reading too much into it.

The attack today was nothing special and actually in many respects poor--- obviously attacking the left hand defence and putting more numbers in motion/options on that side but really to be honest the Titans defence made most of those tries.

The worrying parts for me other than a lack of confidence in when to come up and in and when to slide in defence was the short moments when the game was in a grind. We were being matched in the collision and not winning the tackle in defence or in our go forward as often as previous years and it's been an issue against the top teams all year.

It seems now we are becoming a more "containment" orientated defence obviously partly due to injuries a lack of depth and size. It could be a way also to reduce our injury list to get us through the season and then amp it up more when the big games start "sort of playing smarter not harder" but there is a fine line of going too far either way.

The teams with size, mobility and explosiveness have had our measure for the most part of this year, we really need another Fa'aoso like hard running forward off the bench to keep adding that punch in the go forward and hard toughness in defence.

Buhrer seems to be "starting" to show signs of toughening up and filling out more getting some better numbers with the increased playing time. I've always thought he was a little soft and struggled with the pace of the game on top of giving away penalties in the ruck(which he still does but so does Ballin at times)
Jamie's body is filling out a little and racking up better more rounded numbers in the game--- it's looking like he is being groomed more to take over G.Stewarts role in the team. Jamie still has his explosiveness off the mark and some footwork, can run good lines and hit a hole, some ball playing and his defence is picking up I just hope it continues.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4