Manly's Largest Crowds at Brookie – the top 29 - all over 20,000

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eagles 78 said:
I forgot a crowd of over 20,000 not in the list.

Manly v’s Parra – the Crowd 23,211 at Brookie 11-Jul-1976.
So we should crack over 20,000 for Friday night’s game. Hope we can record over 21,000 even with the new configuration, as long as we get people on the hill standing at the back all on the eastern side.

They'll have to - to see anything.

I'll be looking to go. Funnily enough whenever I go we usually get 18k+. I'll be our good luck charm.

I swear last time I watched Souths at Brookie (was a sunny Sunday arvo) there was 20k+? Me and my brother were standing on the stairs of the Menzies/Fulton stand all game, it was PACKED.

27000 ?

You just couldn't imagine that many people inside Brookvale these days.

Cracking 21K on Friday night will be a great result.

ifernolan said:
I swear last time I watched Souths at Brookie (was a sunny Sunday arvo) there was 20k+? Me and my brother were standing on the stairs of the Menzies/Fulton stand all game, it was PACKED.

2011? Pretty sure that crowd was around 19,600. I was on the family hill for that one and there was a bit of space there.

That one seemed a bit low on official figure though, must have been about 21K compared to the Cronulla game we all were certain it was above 20K and pretty sure they sold out

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Eagles 78 said:
I forgot a crowd of over 20,000 not in the list.

Manly v’s Parra – the Crowd 23,211 at Brookie 11-Jul-1976.
So we should crack over 20,000 for Friday night’s game. Hope we can record over 21,000 even with the new configuration, as long as we get people on the hill standing at the back all on the eastern side.

They'll have to - to see anything.

It's all standing at the back, even when it's 5k.
What i don't get is how people can sit during a game. I have to stand up in my lounge room if Manly is playing, and that's for a replay. How can you just sit on a farking rug? The hill should be terraces.

You know what!! If the government would have built us a decent stadium we would get 30k at Brookie for this match. We are getting so excited about 20k!! How many people AREN'T GOING TO GO AS THEY WON'T GET IN OR WON'T SEE ANYTHING!! How much money are we going to lose?? 5k of $25 fans that's one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars!!

Collingwood and Carlton get 90k!!

Souths bring huge numbers now they are winning. They got 32k against an interstate team alone!! This is the game to sell to Allianz and make huge dollars. Get back some of those Bluetongue games that we fans hate (crap ground) and put this one in Sydney. Remember this fixture next year Perry! Madness as big dollars to be made!

We are all going to jumping up and down at obvious 20k on Friday night but imagine how many more we would have fitted in if we could!
Souths will guarantee big crowds at present! It's like when Collingwood play!

Darren said:
We are all going to jumping up and down ... on Friday night!
Souths will guarantee.... a present! It's like when Collingwood play!
So jumping castle is official?

Darren said:
This is the game to sell to Allianz and make huge dollars.

How many times must it be proven Manly Fans won't travel to SFS in large numbers, I don't agree with it or like it, but I accept it for what it is.

Moving the game to SFS would effectively make it a Souths home game.

Can people please stop suggesting moving our home games, we have a home and that is where we need to play "home" games.

Darren said:
You know what!! If the government would have built us a decent stadium we would get 30k at Brookie for this match. We are getting so excited about 20k!! How many people AREN'T GOING TO GO AS THEY WON'T GET IN OR WON'T SEE ANYTHING!! How much money are we going to lose?? 5k of $25 fans that's one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars!!

Collingwood and Carlton get 90k!!

Souths bring huge numbers now they are winning. They got 32k against an interstate team alone!! This is the game to sell to Allianz and make huge dollars. Get back some of those Bluetongue games that we fans hate (crap ground) and put this one in Sydney. Remember this fixture next year Perry! Madness as big dollars to be made!

We are all going to jumping up and down at obvious 20k on Friday night but imagine how many more we would have fitted in if we could!
Souths will guarantee big crowds at present! It's like when Collingwood play!
And what nrl reg season game gets 90k for gods sake?

Brookvale is our home

Brookie4eva said:
We need to work on our Home Game Average for this year though, 4th lowest in the comp, and the two Mondays coming up won't help.

Team - GM - Total - Ave.
Brisbane - 3 - 113766 - 37922
Canterbury - 3 - 81876 - 27292
Souths - 2 - 46799 - 23400
Sydney Roosters - 4 - 89565 - 22391
New Zealand - 3 - 56824 - 18941
Newcastle - 4 - 71918 - 17980
Wests Tigers - 3 - 49885 - 16628
Cronulla - 3 - 49854 - 16618
Parramatta - 3 - 49482 - 16494
North Queensland - 2 - 31719 - 15860
Melbourne - 3 - 47040 - 15680
Gold Coast Titans - 4 - 60231 - 15058
Manly - 3 - 41525 - 13842
St George Illawarra - 2 - 27382 - 13691
Canberra - 3 - 32783 - 10928
Penrith - 3 - 32003 - 10668

Lets try and get 20K+ at a few games this year.

I'd say probably 5th because we know they aren't the real figures for the Titans.

Home crowd figures are misleading. Easts crowds this year have only been boosted by 'away' supporters. Likewise the Titans. There were almost as many Manly fans at the Titans match.
With our home games:
V Tigers (it was at Bluetongue... not really a home game)
V Newcastle (lucky to have been 500 Newcastle fans)
V Cronulla (lucky to have been 300 Sharks fans)
Unless we are playing Souffs, Dogs or Illawarra we get a very small percentage of 'away' fans travelling to Brookie.

Larissa said:
mickqld said:
What are we doing as a club to try and promote this game to ALL of Sydney. Are we putting on buses to get Souths supporters there as well as Manly supporters from all over Sydney.

Not really necessary to be honest. The ticket sales are progressing as we would like them to without having to spend additional resources on buses etc.

ManlyArmy said:
Should make it free transport to & from the game like they do with some other matches.

As great as this may be, there is a huge cost involved in implementing something like this. Unfortunately we just don't have the money to subsidise free transport.

Come on Larrissa, send a limo over to pick him up.

simon64 said:
27000 ?

You just couldn't imagine that many people inside Brookvale these days.

Cracking 21K on Friday night will be a great result.

I was there on the hill....hell,that was a big crowd for a ground like Brookie.On the hill,behind the rail,2 deep...lol

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6