Manly's Hall to miss NRL decider

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

You can't help but feel sorry for Manly prop Glenn Hall.

Hall did not miss an NRL game all season for the Sea Eagles until injury struck in round 24 against the New Zealand Warriors.

He was told he wouldn't play again, but has defied the early diagnosis to get his shoulder fit for the Sea Eagles finals campaign.

But the form of Manly's interchange bench - which includes Steve Menzies, Jack Afamasaga, Adam Cuthbertson and Mark Bryant - means Hall can't reclaim his jersey and is likely to miss Sunday's grand final with Melbourne.

Hall has been named on an extended seven-man bench for the Sea Eagles, but coach Des Hasler is unlikely to change the 17-man side that won last week's preliminary final over North Queensland.

Hall, Travis Burns and Matt Ballin are again likely to drop off the bench.

"I hope 18th man gets a ring," said Hall.

"Play or not play, just to be here and experience this is pretty special.

"I'd obviously be disappointed to miss out. I trained hard all preseason and all year but Dessy's obviously got some wiseness behind his ears and knows what he is doing so I'll support his decision."

Hall said he was initially devastated when he hurt his shoulder against the Warriors.

"I was filthy, it was like the third tackle of the game," he said.

"At first they told me I was out for the rest of the year but then I got good news during the week saying I could be back and I was able to get back into training."

But doing the hard yards at training has not been enough for Hall to reclaim his seat on the bench, the 26-year-old journeyman a victim of Manly's own success.

"Everyone that has come in because of an injury has stood up and made themselves accountable," said Hall.

"It's probably the reason we've got to where we've got to now. Everyone coming off the bench has come on and played well for each other."

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy named an unchanged side for the grand final, but added four players onto an extended bench.

James Aubusson, Garret Crossman, Adam Blair and Sika Manu were added to the side which beat Parramatta last week, but they are not expected to play unless injury strikes.

My daughter works with Glen's partner. Apparently he is absolutley shattered at missing out on the starting 17.

You really have to feel sorry for him, Like SDS just said I also would prefer him over big jack

I can suggest many ways in which Hall is better than Afamsaga. I can't work that theory the other way around.

Agreed Ryan. If Hall is fit then he must be preferred over 'Turnstyle Jack'.

He would be a definite starter for mine. I can feel an MSE petition coming on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4