Manlys Fitness and Don Singe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Anyone watching Premier League?

Vave looks extremely overweight. So too, does Tyson Andrews. Andrews was a machine when he first got here.

Demetriou from NYC looks to be slightly overweight.

I was worried when Glenn Stewart himself claimed that Souths Strength and Conditioning coach claimed he was really out of shape.

That leads me to first grade.

Peta Hiku is shameful. Far too overweight, to the point that he has lost all his pace.

I also think Lyon has a lot more timber than he had at Parramatta and St Helens.

I always thought Singe had Jason King out of proportion. Too much top weight, and not enough leg muscle, and i worry Ligi Sao is heading that way.

Don't know if anyonr has seen JMie Buhrer lately, but like Hiku, looks to have swallowed a sheep.

I worry about Jake Trbojevic. Don't want him to become top heavy.

Is it me, or as a club, have we become too overweight, slow and unfit?

Agree. Demetriou will probably need a couple of pre seasons, being young you could accept that. But hiku is the one who is the worst, I think players can be out of form but when you lose you ur form because your pace is gone is unacceptable.

I'm not someone who wants the players to be robotic and all look the same, so I probably come from a different angle to this stuff than some

Of the players you mentioned, I don't think Lyon looks a hell of a lot different now to what he has his entire career, he has never looked like an athlete, but it has never effected his ability to be a top line footy player. Glenn Stewart isn't really a big surprise, he didn't run for 6 months and Jamie Buhrer would be a similar situation at the moment

Hiku is probably the biggest worry of all players mentioned

Going back to my 1st sentence, I prefer players to play at their natural physique rather than the cookie cutter 'you must be this height for this weight" thing that seems to be prevalent these days

If we look at some extreme examples. Hasson looks like the perfect frame, George Rose the opposite extreme to that, and I know who is far more effective in 1st grade. Would Rose have ever had the same impact at 108kg than he did at 120kg ? I don't think so.

Demetriuo may be another one of these types, if his game is built around nuggety tough runs, then there is nothing wrong with carrying a bit of bulk rather than stripping him right down and possibly losing his effectiveness, can be a fine line at times

I also think there is a misconception that because somebody is a bit bigger, then he is automatically unfit. That isn't always the case

Agreed - I guess this might be why Donny Singe is on the chopping block...the fitness guy from Titans (so I've read) is the man Barret wants..hopefully has some good credentials!

Our pack averages the lowest metres in the comp and our defensive line speed is definitely one of the worst in the comp. I think asking the question if we are fit enough is definitely warranted.

I agree with you 100% Ryan. We look fat and flimsy. Getting fit would be a great starting point to get our team back to top 8 standard.

I wouldn't be blaming Singe directly.He missed a fair chunk of the preseason due to a course the pathetic NRL made him do to upgrade his qualifications,if only they had to do the same and maybe the game will lift itself off the canvas

I paid close attention today to a few guys, Lyon and Hiku in particular

I think I have a different definition of fat to most people, because from side on I just can't see how people are coming up with that. I think the beard on Hiku makes him look worse

Sure they could be in a bit better nick than they are, but it's hardly as if they are massively overweight

those overweight unfit players managed to run away with a win with no bench.......
And what will you say if we get beat by 30 next week by a proper top 4 side? We beat a rubbish team and people think all our issues are gone lol.

I wouldn't be blaming Singe directly.He missed a fair chunk of the preseason due to a course the pathetic NRL made him do to upgrade his qualifications,if only they had to do the same and maybe the game will lift itself off the canvas
And Donny already runs his own courses!

Who got MOM - Visitors here and I had to stop watching :(

Agree that the 13 cuddly, able bodied men were fit enough to beat the front runners , zero replacements left :inlove:

And what will you say if we get beat by 30 next week by a proper top 4 side? We beat a rubbish team and people think all our issues are gone lol.

But we aren't a proper top 4 side this year, due to a number of factors. What the last 10 weeks have shown is we are a competitive team below that level, big losses against 2 top sides and in every other game we have been competitive

It seems that if we lose to a top side we are ****, and if we beat any other side they are **** ?

But we aren't a proper top 4 side this year, due to a number of factors. What the last 10 weeks have shown is we are a competitive team below that level, big losses against 2 top sides and in every other game we have been competitive

It seems that if we lose to a top side we are ****, and if we beat any other side they are **** ?

apt summary

Yes we won with 13 players left on the park for the entire 2nd half but still doesn't change the fact our players are overweight. The game played well into our favour with how bad NZ where and the amount of stoppages there where to let us off the hook.
If Warriors play high energy up tempo footy we would of ran out of gas and got run down. Lucky for us SJ was out of the game.
Still a solid effort to win the way we did!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6