Manlys biggest GF threat??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The seven other teams in the eight, in finals anything can happen but this is our time again and we will get the celebration that we should have had last year.

My condolences to the families of our 5 soldiers who where killed in Afghanistan today.

Chip and Chase said:
I think we have the Bulldogs covered, and they know it as well. Untried young halves under finals pressure will be their downfall. Barba is dangerous, but he can only score so many "lucky" tries. Hopefully all the publicity surrounding the obstruction rule will cause a crack down by the refs and this will nullify 75% of their attacking options.

Storm's recent record isn't that flash, lost 5 in a row and have only fallen over the line for wins the last two weeks. Don't think Slater is fully fit. In Melbourne they will be tough, but I'd be confident of a win on neutral ground.

Souths. We gave them a taste of what's coming a couple of weeks back, and that was only 40 minutes of football in poor conditions. There's a reason they haven't won a premiership for 40+ years.

Cowboys are the biggest worry. They have a pack that can compete on a level footing wth ours and perhaps even dominate us. They rely on Thurston a lot, but he is a big match player and if he gets support from Bowen then they may threaten. But we have a good record against them in general and we have towelled them up in finals the last two times we met post season.

Cronulla, Raiders, Broncos and Tigers are just making up the numbers.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Grand-Final-Manly-v?highlight=grand+final

Changed your tune re: Cowboys

:p

The Cows don't seem to win away from Townsville. I still think the Storm. And I agree, only injuries and the refs can rob us of the silverware. We have the best backline in the comp and a willing forward pack. All the other teams have their weaknesses, either their halves are poor, their backlines weak or their forwards crap. We don't have any weaknesses..

DSM5 said:
We don't have any weaknesses..

Taufua
Kite
TRex
Lussick
Rose
Toovey

Don't you read these forums mate? :p

I agree with you and others though. Apart from the Cowboys on a good day our only worry is refs injuries and defensive lapses but we seem to be sorted in that department.

Im confident!!

Napper said:
Chip and Chase said:
Cowboys are the biggest worry. They have a pack that can compete on a level footing wth ours and perhaps even dominate us. They rely on Thurston a lot, but he is a big match player and if he gets support from Bowen then they may threaten. But we have a good record against them in general and we have towelled them up in finals the last two times we met post season.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Grand-Final-Manly-v?highlight=grand+final

Changed your tune re: Cowboys

:p

I might have been a little hasty in that thread, lumping them with Cronulla and Raiders might have seemed like they were equally as hopeless. But like I said above we've got a good record against them, so I'd be pretty confident. We shut them down in Townsville a couple of weeks ago.

Good to see the Knights def. out. And Rabbitohs, you play like that against Manly and yer gonna get smashed.. Bring it.

Bulldogs are our biggest threat.
Hopefully the filthy cheating mexicans Storm continue thier cub-par perfomances and fail miserably.

Go Manly!

The refs made some dreadful blunders last night. Double movement by Boyd given a try, forward pass on a Bronco try, last chance short kick-off by Panfers and regathered and ball raked out in a two-man tackle right in front of the ref. I know it is getting old but there were momentum changers by poor decisions that has me very worried about getting the right result. So the clowns with the whistle are my biggest worry.

For the rest of the weekend I would like to see the Raiders win so it is a Queensland smash-em-up first week. Despite having to wear a heavy-duty jacket on here I would love to face the Dogs wk 1.

I think the past month has shown we are the best side in the competition.

It'll be our mental approach that is key. And I trust 2V to make sure we are "on" for the rest of the year.

Ask yourself this.....If this thread were started on the fan forums of the other 7 sides, who would their fans nominate as the biggest threat to their aspirations ?

And there's your answer. Go Manly.

From last night:

1. The bunnies defence was impressive on the line, even though Newcastle tried to run side to side against them.

2. Chicken Legs is the worst ref in the NRL hands down. Hopefully we don't cop his rubbish in the finals.

3. The Broncos will bow out in straight sets.

I'd rate the cowboys as a high chance of making the gf, if they can get past their "playing in Sydney" hurdle. Otherwise, I think the bunnies could make it.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7