Manlys best since fulton, Napper or Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bomack44

Reserve Grader
Ok here an arguement starter I'm sure I like most on here are two young to have seen fulton play and I know he is regarded by most as Manly's greatest player.

I was thinking who better since then and I find it hard to Seperate cliffy and brett.
Both played origin and test footy, both have won 2 comps both have been essential parts of sides they played in.

Lyons suffers from stats not being kept for try assists I'm certain if they were he would be the record holder while brett is still an outside chance of beating ken irvines try scoring record if he plays on past 2016.

While both along with beaver are my favourite manly players ever I think Brett edges cliff out because defensively he is stronger and Is more consistent than napper.

What do you blokes think or am
I missing someone else who should be there.

Beaver because he was both a brilliant attacking and defensive player, and his excellent form remained constant over many seasons.
Cliff was an unbelievable attacking player, setting up countless tries.
Brett scores tries, and has also become a great ball-player. But neither could cut down an attacking raid like Beaver with copybook tackling.

I'm old enough to have seen all of Fulton's career, and he is the greatest. No other Manly player has been able to influence a match like he did. He had the speed and acceleration of Slater, the 'nouse' of JT, the endurance of Matt Balin and an insatiable will-to-win.

I was blessed to see the great Bozo play, and in two GF's as well, the most gifted player I have ever seen.

I think bomack it's a bit hard to compare Cliffy with Brett, easier to compare the great Wombat & Brett.

But if we have to, then I agree it's almost impossible to split them, one gifted with speed, great hands and knowing where to be all the time, the other a freak of nature, he not only bamboozled the opposition he often bamboozled his own players......except one, who knew just to follow him around on his right shoulder and score the meat pies that were set up by this brilliant player.

Sorry can't split them, two of the greatest ever!!

The Who said:
I'm old enough to have seen all of Fulton's career, and he is the greatest. No other Manly player has been able to influence a match like he did. He had the speed and acceleration of Slater, the 'nouse' of JT, the endurance of Matt Balin and an insatiable will-to-win.

All of the old footage of bozo is in black and white.

Wasn't it kinda drab going to the footy when everything was in black and white?

The Who said:
Beaver because he was both a brilliant attacking and defensive player, and his excellent form remained constant over many seasons.
Brett scores tries, and has also become a great ball-player. But neither could cut down an attacking raid like Beaver with copybook tackling.

2014 manly vs souths @scg

Stewart on inglis?
One of the best one on one tackles of all time

The Snake just ahead of Napper . The Snake can also be as affective at 5/8 but Napper would not fill in as affective at fullback

@Bones, agree 100%.

Those 4 are just in such a class. Beaver, what a record he has. 180 tries!! The 2nd most ever, and he's a forward?? Cliffy was just gifted with outrageous talent.

Snake and Killer are 2 absolute world class players, and their impact on our current golden generation cannot be overstated. I think it's no secret that in the years Snake has had injuries we drop from a Premiership Contender, to a lower Top 8 team.

I also think it's no coincidence that the 07-14 golden era is when Jamie first came to the club.

These 4 go down as absolute legends in my eyes.

Bomack44 said:
The Who said:

2014 manly vs souths @scg

Stewart on inglis?
One of the best one on one tackles of all time
Yes, recaptured the glory of a Raper, McCarthy or Eadie covering tackle. Got his bootstraps from behind ! Inglis thought he was in - ha ha.

Killer03 said:
@Bones, agree 100%.

Those 4 are just in such a class. Beaver, what a record he has. 180 tries!! The 2nd most ever, and he's a forward?? Cliffy was just gifted with outrageous talent.

Snake and Killer are 2 absolute world class players, and their impact on our current golden generation cannot be overstated. I think it's no secret that in the years Snake has had injuries we drop from a Premiership Contender, to a lower Top 8 team.

I also think it's no coincidence that the 07-14 golden era is when Jamie first came to the club.

Beaver has to be the GREATEST.
We have to gauge the player in their ability to play more than one position, try scoring ability and defence. Beaver had no problems scoring tries and at one stage, he did some bone crunching tackles, until he seem to stop the big hits after he hurt a few opposition players.

With positions he can play, I've seen Beaver cover anywhere in the backline and anywhere in the forwards. I remember watching a game on TV when the commentators started laughing when they were amazed Beaver covering at fullback and they gave him a HUGE wrap about his flexibility.

I can't see Bozo playing in the forwards. I can't see Napper playing anywhere else except for the halves and lock. I can't imagine Snake being in the forwards or centre either.

Basically, if you have 13 Beaver clones on the field, you will have a champion side. Wombat is a close second. Love Igor too. He places fear in oppositions mind.

Killer must be a special mention. Love his work ethic and class.

Back on topic please , this is about Snake V Napper.

It's a given that Bozo, Wombat, Beaver are all up there as the greatest Eagles but the original post was a comparison of Stewart V Lyons ( not Lyon)

Ramrod said:
Killer03 said:
@Bones, agree 100%.

Beaver has to be the GREATEST.
We have to gauge the player in their ability to play more than one position, try scoring ability and defence. Beaver had no problems scoring tries and at one stage, he did some bone crunching tackles, until he seem to stop the big hits after he hurt a few opposition players.

With positions he can play, I've seen Beaver cover anywhere in the backline and anywhere in the forwards. I remember watching a game on TV when the commentators started laughing when they were amazed Beaver covering at fullback and they gave him a HUGE wrap about his flexibility.

I can't see Bozo playing in the forwards. I can't see Napper playing anywhere else except for the halves and lock. I can't imagine Snake being in the forwards or centre either.

Basically, if you have 13 Beaver clones on the field, you will have a champion side. Wombat is a close second. Love Igor too. He places fear in oppositions mind.

Killer must be a special mention. Love his work ethic and class.
I saw a match at Brookvale where Bozo played lock and he tore them to shreds . If you have ever seen The Immortal play you would not have under estimated the great upper body strength he had . Bozo would also be dynamic at hooker and in the 10 metre rule his explosive speed off the mark would create havoc

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4