Manly's best ever half???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

give it 10 years and there may well be another name tossed up - one A. Groom

Dennis Ward played in the 71 team ewas pretty good as well.

Deniis was half of the premiership team in 72.

We have had some good halves over the years - Kevin Junee is another name and there are a few good ones in the early years.

in terms of longevity and consistent form over a period of time Toovey and Des are hard to go past though Stephens, Martin and Blake all had their moments.

I thought you were serious with Orford Ryan, then I noticed Kimmorley after him and knew you were taking the piss.

The Ox would have more talent than all the others, but I guess he hasn't been placed under the pressures of Grand finals, SOO and Kangaroo tests like the others though.

Garts - it's hard to say a player that was considtently selected as The Australian half back is or was a crap player. We won a heck of a lot of Internationals with him in the team (Kimmorley).
As for Orford, I'd rate him on his day as the 2nd best 1/2 back in the world. If he was a tiny bit more consistent, he'd be closing the gap mbetween himself and Johns.

Never said either was a crap player but to name them as Manlys best ever half is laughable.

Orford may turn into that half but he is not after 11 games in the Manly jumper. Kimmorley didnt do anything whilst at the Eagles.

I guess I just judge on more factors like Rep footy, Premierhips etc. I PERSONALLY don't like the way Kimmorley plays, and don't think he suited a Manly style of play, but still think he rates up there.

Well judging on Rep footy and premierships etc Orford has nothing.

Kimmorley has but he could not even guide us to the finals when he played with us.

Agree with Byso that Orford is probably the most skillful from what I have seen. Hopefully he does end up as our greatest half as that means he will have won us a GF!!!!

Blakey deserves to be in the voting, he was dynamic on his day Tooves will win buy a country mile.

Arko was said to be good but his career was cut short with injury.

Probably the single most important person ever in the club though.

I remember Tooves debuting in 1988 or 89? against the touring Lions. Did he not play grade again 91?

For me its Tooves, im to young for anyone else.

Yeah agreed- he carved up in his debut in 88 against the Lions- I still have it on tape- it was when they were still using the Frankie Goes to Hollywood song 'Pleasure Dome' as the Wired World of Sports song...

Toovey and hasler are hard to separate. Shame for Blake because on his day, he was streets ahead of these two....he just didn't go on with it

Wouldn't it be more interesting doing a poll on which Manly Captain pissed off the refs the most?

Agree with Byso that Orford is probably the most skillful from what I have seen. Hopefully he does end up as our greatest half as that means he will have won us a GF!!!!
I think that waiting around for Ox to find you a GirlFriend Garts is being a bit hopeful.

Everyone,,,,,,,,,,give Garts a bit of moral support.....if you just get yourself out there buddy, youll get one eventually mate!
;)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4