Manly's battle to keep Trbojevic brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What are you on about? They obviously had to move someone fast, NO ONE would have taken Lewis Browns 2 remaining years off us. So stop going on about Bozo choosing Brown over Jamie. Same goes for Nate Myles. Buhrer on the other hand would be an attractive proposition to a club like Newcastle as has proved to be the case. Why not wait for all the pieces to fall into place before harping on about how sh1t our recruitment is. Signing both Trbojevic brothers to long term deals will be a massive win for the club.
You don't think the timing of this article is a little, shall we say, convenient?

Makes sense to me.

Buhrer is the obvious choice IMO.

Looking through business eyes he is a small backrower on good coin that has played les games than he has missed in the last 2 years. (22/48 possible games. He's also only scored 3 tries in this time. These stats are not at all impressive. Although he is a Manly junior he is a player that is fairly easily replaced by a cheaper option. IMO

Makes sense to me.

Looking through business eyes he is a small backrower on good coin that has played les games than he has missed in the last 2 years. (22/48 possible games. He's also only scored 3 tries in this time. These stats are not at all impressive. Although he is a Manly junior he is a player that is fairly easily replaced by a cheaper option. IMO

He's also a Premiership winning utility that can play Hooker, Backrow, 5/8, Lock and Centre & has also had State of Origin experience (and is 26). Not sure why you hate on him so much, or how easily you discard one of our own sons?

Doesn't seem natural, or the very least loyal. What's he done to you? I'd have traded Brown, Myles, Lawrence & many, many others including not picking up slops in Winterstein, J Wright, M Wright before I told Jamie he'd be playing NSW Cup.

He's also a Premiership winning utility that can play Hooker, Backrow, 5/8, Lock and Centre & has also had State of Origin experience (and is 26). Not sure why you hate on him so much, or how easily you discard one of our own sons?

Doesn't seem natural, or the very least loyal. What's he done to you? I'd have traded Brown, Myles, Lawrence & many, many others including not picking up slops in Winterstein, J Wright, M Wright before I told Jamie he'd be playing NSW Cup.
5/8 and centre wow can he play fullback too?

A utility is a player who can play positions well, centre and 5/8 are not where he excelles. I'd label him more of a forward utility.

Yes, your right. As was Tom Symonds, who also played a lot of 5/8 & centre. Just because they are labelled "utility forward" doesn't mean they don't play those other roles.

Yes, your right. As was Tom Symonds, who also played a lot of 5/8 & centre. Just because they are labelled "utility forward" doesn't mean they don't play those other roles.
Ah I remember tommy at 6, he was actually alright.

I live in Mona and word from the locals is that they were never going to even look at joining another club.

Both had told their management that the Sea Eagles were their only option.

Don't know how true it is though as its second hand info from teenagers.

I live in Mona and word from the locals is that they were never going to even look at joining another club.

that's probably one of the most reliable sources quoted on here ....

This article contains little substance.
What clubs are chasing them? What clubs can seriously afford such money?
If we are struggling to pay the Turbos, why are we being linked to every has-been on the market?
I think 90% of this article is spin.

Was an article in RLW about 6-8 weeks ago that the Dragons were preparing a huge offer to them to build their club around the brothers

Makes sense to me.

You're probably right there, and if they'd already targeted his size as an issue (which I don't agree with) , then the way he came flying backwards out of a numbers of tackles this season, most notably Paulo in Canberra, probably sealed his fate for good

My sister's family know the Trbojevics. Great family. Feeling is if Manly at least offer in the ball park, they'll have them

Offer the whole family a life time contract I say (even if its a 10 mil for it), but as we have seen a contract is not worth the paper it's written on anyway. The club needs young players with talent and great hearts, and good are role models. Our juniors has always been our strength. When their good we have follow on success in the big show.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2