Manly's Attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Manly are the lowest scoring team in the comp after the first round. No one scored less than us.

Interesting though that we rated fourth best team in terms of completions.

At least we can say that we are only two points off the competition lead but that is scant consolation for the fans.

It was also the closest game, nobody got closer to winning than us.

Taking out Melbourne we were up against our closest rival defensively from last season. Always expected a low scoring game.

Melb were white hot last night and unless we come up with a different strategy, they will be unbeatable (by us) this year.

While the Storm were good the Worriers were dreadful in the 2nd half after keeping the Storm to a 16 to 12 halftime lead. What about the bloke who kicked the ball dead 3 times from the kickoff.

clontaago link said:
Melb were white hot last night and unless we come up with a different strategy, they will be unbeatable (by us) this year.

Seems like Bellamy is the master at coming up with different strategies, not Hasler.

Keep in mind everyone declared the Bullwogs unbeatable after Round One in 2005 and they didn't even make the finals. 

I will laugh if Inglis, Smith, Slater & Cronk get hit by a bus this week.

I wouldn't say the Storm were white hot.

But they definately looked a class above most teams running around on the weekend.

I think a poor warriors team to test them at times, which will give some hope to all other teams.

DVS Matt link said:

But they definately looked a class above most teams running around on the weekend.

I think a poor warriors team to test them at times, which will give some hope to all other teams.

Matt as far as first round games go, they were as sharp as they come. Their set plays made our attack look like under 9's. For those pieces to come off and happen so fluently in round 1 is an indication of how well drilled they are and how hard they will be to beat this year.

clontaago link said:
Ill do a nude lap of Brookie if the Storm fail to make the 8

Could be a few grapple tackles if that happens.  ;D

Clontaago has it right, it's about being a well drilled team, especially in attack.  There was no evidence of us being 'well drilled' on Saturday night.  We need to be drilled, as Orford can't add-lib any attack.  The drilling of a team is down to the coach and maybe therein lies the problem.     

clontaago link said:
[quote author=DVS Matt link=topic=177108.msg179676#msg179676 date=1205802228]

Matt as far as first round games go, they were as sharp as they come. Their set plays made our attack look like under 9's. For those pieces to come off and happen so fluently in round 1 is an indication of how well drilled they are and how hard they will be to beat this year.
[/quote]

They also had Crocker, Inglis, Hoffman & Kafusi out.
I wonder how our bunch would go with Watmough, Lyon, Menzies & Kite out?

Don't worry about the storm.

After last year I have learnt my lesson.  I'll be heading down to Olympic Park shortly and handing out free samples of the ebola virus. 

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=177108.msg179665#msg179665 date=1205798766]
Ill do a nude lap of Brookie if the Storm fail to make the 8

and I will have never been happier to be living in Mexico....
[/quote]

Youve never been camping with us before.... I did tell you its a nudist resort.

DSM5 link said:
Clontaago has it right, it's about being a well drilled team, especially in attack.  There was no evidence of us being 'well drilled' on Saturday night.  We need to be drilled, as Orford can't add-lib any attack.  The drilling of a team is down to the coach and maybe therein lies the problem.     

Yep, Its no surprise the Broncos are chasing Bellamy, he is the best coach in the NRL..

Why can't we chase Wayne Bennett? He'd make the seriously tough decisions that need to be made.
It would be so easy for Bennett to play Hodges 5/8, but even when Lockyer is injured, Bennett puts a backrower in at 5/8, because he realises the advantages of having a great centre playing out wide.

Dazzler as Byso puts it will take 10-20 rounds, and Lyon's rep chances before he realises !!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8