Manly's all-time biggest rivals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Manly's all time biggest rivalry?

• Parramatta

Votes: 33 58.9%
  • Balmain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Souths

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Easts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Sydney

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Referees

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
I most resent clubs that beat us in grand finals, so I put Melbourne at the top, then Knights, and followed by Dogs and Eels.

There would be a number of other clubs that consider us rivals for the same reason.

Then there are clubs like Norths, Wests (now Tigers), and Souths who consider us rivals because sometime last century we signed some of their favourite players, and because of their total lack of success they have never got over it.

I was the only Manly supporter among my school friends in the 1980's I would have to say the Eels would have to be the all time biggest rivals. In the early 80's I had to endure Parra winning 81-83 then 86 (inc 2 against Manly in 82-83). I copped a lot but I can say the past 27 years since Chokomatta last won a comp and we have won 4 comps has been the ultimate payback. Of recent times definitely the Storm and Dogs are coming a close second.

MissKate said:
I want to vote on this poll but there is no button for 'refs'

@[MissKate]

There is now :)

It would depend upon which decade in determining Manly's biggest rival. St George were certainly our biggest rival from the late 40s to the late 60s, including a couple of grand finals we lost in our 'bridesmaid' period. Souths in the late 60s and early 70's until we grabbed O'Neil, Brannigan and Moses off them (not commonly stated in the media was that Cleary and Coote went to Easts and McCarthy to Canterbury all because Souths were broke). Parramatta were certainly our problem team in the 70's and 80's with a touch of Wests in there. Then it was Brisbane in the late 80's and 90's and of course Melbourne since the turn of the century.

But I think the team that has been our greatest rival is the team that joined the comp the same time as Manly and have snarled at each other for decades and that's Parramatta. Many a great stoush has been had with that team and hopefully it will happen again in a few years time.

Elwyn Walters also went to Easts a few years after Coote in 74, Easts never get mentioned when people talk about the brake up of that Souths team from that era. They got as many players as Manly from Souths

Sydney City/Eastern Suburbs have always been a protected species in League because so many media moguls and other money people support them and protect their interests.

The question is too hard
They are all grubs,every one of them- BUT-

Who can ever forget the rotten mongrel,stinkin,smelly,cheatin, retarded,ugly,dumb assed Newcastle knights and the kick to Tooves friggin head and seeing their eyes rolling around in their fat dumb faces when their medication on the day kicked in

They should hand that premiership back-
Mad dog is a turd and think it was his his genes who sent the place rabid
You only have to look where Wok Ryan hails from.
Another dead set goose.

Go manly said:
The question is too hard
They are all grubs,every one of them- BUT-

Who can ever forget the rotten mongrel,stinkin,smelly,cheatin, retarded,ugly,dumb assed Newcastle knights and the kick to Tooves friggin head and seeing their eyes rolling around in their fat dumb faces when their medication on the day kicked in

They should hand that premiership back-
Mad dog is a turd and think it was his his genes who sent the place rabid
You only have to look where Wok Ryan hails from.
Another dead set goose.

Go Manly. You do seem to be a little upset about that grand final dont you. It was a tragic loss and Manly should have won but the gods weren't with us that day...and I dont mean the ref though I well can understand why you would think that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4