Manly's air of superiority .... Is it slowly dissipating

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Over the last 10 years all we as Manly fans have known is success. Even when we were not winning comps we were therabouts, or often beaten in big games by salary cheats, blatent forward pases, or acts of brillan e (SBW). Even when cracks started to apear and you thought we were on the slide something would pop up.

Like when we were berated for signing the perennial choker Orford. He ended up winning the DallyM soon after and starred in the greatest G.F shut out of all time. You always new the club will rebuild and stick it up them all again.

Now the club faces a monumental task in rebuilding the culture. Players would be jumping over themselves to sign for us, sadly that is not the case ATM.

As a Manly fan I still believe success will continúe to follow us, but management need to answer for some terrible decisions over the last 12 months

I agree with u manly will be around for a while yet . We are getting on a bit and with all the dramas we will still come through this .The signing of the young guns was a great step forward and all we need is a couple of Metre eating forwards and a half . They will come , maybe not straight away but they will . We all might get a nice surprise round 13. Manly will be back be assured we are not going away.

It will be a rebuilding time , but we will still be competitive in 2016 & beyond.

It's been a great decade , but it was always coming to an end.....sometime.

We as fans just have to have patience.

I can still walk down the street and when I see some bloke in a Souths or Parra jersey I feel superior (and rightly so).

I have the same feeling when I see a Broncos Jersey , although this year I have had to bite my tongue!!

As a Manly fan I still believe success will continúe to follow us, but management need to answer for some terrible decisions over the last 12 months

Management have no one to answer to except Penn/Zorba. There is no downside to any of the **** the team has gone through to "Management", provided they have followed their masters will.

Given Biro is quite comfortable with the way things worked out, I am sure the only person that will be held accountable is 2V.

There does need to be a scapegoat after all.

Over the last 10 years all we as Manly fans have known is success. Even when we were not winning comps we were therabouts, or often beaten in big games by salary cheats, blatent forward pases, or acts of brillan e (SBW). Even when cracks started to apear and you thought we were on the slide something would pop up.

Like when we were berated for signing the perennial choker Orford. He ended up winning the DallyM soon after and starred in the greatest G.F shut out of all time. You always new the club will rebuild and stick it up them all again.

Now the club faces a monumental task in rebuilding the culture. Players would be jumping over themselves to sign for us, sadly that is not the case ATM.

I've been following Sea Eagles for 50+ years the good times always come and then go but the great thing about this club is that we always do rebuild and our winning culture makes it happen fairly quickly. From 1947 we have not been like the perennial loser teams. I can't imagine being a Sharks, Titans, Raiders or even an Eels fan and knowing that the best I could hope for in any season is to avoid the spoon, a top 8 finish but never really the Premiership. No doubt in my mind we will be back and fairly soon. Yep, this year sucks and so does what is happening within the club and so do the clowns managing it. I think we have every right to pissed off with our current situation and the way the joint is being run. However, we have been through worse and we came back stronger and better and we will again. Not trying to be condescending but just words from an old bloke who has seen all of this before to you young fellas / girls just hang in there.

I agree Manly have lost their aura, but these days aura is so fickle. Manly could get it back overnight.

The passion for rugby league these days is nothing like it was 20 or 30 years ago.

You don't hear the Manly hate among the fans any more, even though commentators (who hail from the era) try to drum it all up again. That's my experience of the last 7 or 8 years.
I remember back in the 80's rugby leage was always discussed in the realm of history. You knew back then how many premierships each team had won, and had in your mind at least the last decade of results. Each team had an identity.

Nowadays, league is spoken of very much in the present and teams dont have any real historical identity. The NRL pretty much ****ed that up by letting players bounce around treating teams like turnstiles in search of the dollor. I get the idea of a salaray cap top keep the teams even, and that's done well, but there should be credits and encouragement to players who stay loyal so teams can try and build an enduring club for the long term and create an aura/identity.

So when I think of Manlys aura, its against the NRL and the media, not fans or players of other teams.

After what I saw last weekend, and looking at whats coming up I'm not writing off 2015, so I will ride that wave with everyone else here and wait for "Manly hates you too" to wave in the NRL's faces.

NYEagle

I can still walk down the street and when I see some bloke in a Souths or Parra jersey I feel superior (and rightly so).

To be honest at my age, I can walk down the street and see anyone wearing any football jersey and feel superior.

I'm not sure why everyone brings up that we can't sign quality players anymore, or that players don't take pay cuts to come here. As far as I was aware we had to pay good money to bring in bk, kitey and Orford, and I'm not sure a high quality free agent ever took unders to come here.
All our real quality players were scouted juniors or local talent, it's where we should look to again.

We probably have, but easy to get back.

Win a few games and pressure off.

We are only 2 wins outside the 8, with plenry of games to play and injured players to return.

Fit pack and we will make top 8 for sure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6