Manly's 6.6 million Xmas Gift...Foz/DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shoe1 said:
Chip and Chase said:
weev said:
Have to respect the way the new management does business.

This could has easily been another Giftygate. Instead - proactive, big offer, shows respect and commitment.

You can't treat this like an auction and come in at the end.

Both players (and their managers) would appreciate this too. Going into xmas knowing their future could be sorted would be a nice feeling for both lads.

I don't think either of them would struggle on the open market just quietly.

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm told both are in long term relationships

They are almost good enough to make a man turn, but I'm committed to Beaver.

Australian five-eighth Daly Cherry-Evans has backed the ownership changes at Manly and expressed his desire to continuing playing at the club alongside star halves partner Kieran Foran.

In a significant boost to the Sea Eagles' hopes of retaining Cherry-Evans after he comes off contract at the end of next season, the Kangaroos and Queensland playmaker says he supports the Penn family's takeover of the club and believes the divisions at Manly will now end.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/daly-cherryevans-keen-to-be-part-of-manlys-new-direction-20141105-11h6ig.html

globaleagle said:
Australian five-eighth Daly Cherry-Evans has backed the ownership changes at Manly and expressed his desire to continuing playing at the club alongside star halves partner Kieran Foran.

In a significant boost to the Sea Eagles' hopes of retaining Cherry-Evans after he comes off contract at the end of next season, the Kangaroos and Queensland playmaker says he supports the Penn family's takeover of the club and believes the divisions at Manly will now end.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/daly-cherryevans-keen-to-be-part-of-manlys-new-direction-20141105-11h6ig.html
Thank's Global, great article.

globaleagle said:

I like the fact that this line inspired his play in the previous test:

"He made a point just in the warm-up of saying, 'I would like to see the Daly Cherry-Evans of Manly today. Just play your own game and do what you do best'," Cherry-Evans said.

I like that Daly Cherry-Evans of Manly.

Chip and Chase said:
They are almost good enough to make a man turn, but I'm committed to Beaver.

Alright, say( hypothetically speaking) you've turned(standard pc disclaimer follows...not that there's anything wrong with that.... )
...the next problem you've got is who do you do first?:huh:...there's not a struck match between them, both top blokes:)..or do you go a Ménage à trois set up? I might pass this onto Scott, see if he can sort it out by Xmas.:p

I thought Cronk was very quiet in that match, with DCE being the one who directed play most of the time. It was a good sign that DCE is feeling his worth in the national team.

The division will end huh ? Lets see what the senior players think when their mrs ask why dont they get a million a year ?

I am not sure of Penn's motive's to come out and state he wants both signed by Xmas in the press. Both players mgrs have stated contract discussions are off til 2015.

Is Penn gambling that public discussions re contracts will force DCE and Foran to sign by Xmas?
Why put a timeline and make it so public.

How does this make Matai feel given he is only signed for 2015 - hopefully he is close to signing a 2 year extension.

I hope Penn's plan works but it could back fire in his face and create more issues in early 2015.

XV-1 said:
I am not sure of Penn's motive's to come out and state he wants both signed by Xmas in the press. Both players mgrs have stated contract discussions are off til 2015.

Is Penn gambling that public discussions re contracts will force DCE and Foran to sign by Xmas?

How does this make Matai feel given he is only signed for 2015 - hopefully he is close to signing a 2 year extension.

I hope Penn's plan works but it could back fire in his face and create more issues in early 2015.

Good on Penn, when other clubs are coming out and saying they want our players we need to fight fire with fire.

XV-1 said:

Maybe it's the club's way of saying "We're showing you the money ( and love)" so how about a response to test the water?
If the rest of our players don't realise that DCE and Foz are going to be THE top two players off contract at season's end then they don't get the big picture. Playing outside or running off those two will help the rest of them to maximise their earning potential down the track.

Shoe1 said:
fLIP said:
Dan said:
If Penn does this can we please form an orderly conga line of apologies?

Can we do it over the harbor bridge?

That's a bit far away, how about the Spit Bridge?

Better to do it around Brookie.

Everyone knows Manly fans don't cross bridges...........:p

I don't want to be the bearer of such ordinary news but a usually very reliable little birdy informed me last night that Foz has agreed to terms with the Warriors. The deal, which includes a hefty 3rd party sponsorship, will commence season 2016 and the signing is due to be announced by Foz/Warriors following the current international series. Something about the club paying 1.2 mil + 800k being sponsorship.

I would be only too thrilled to be wrong about the above.

WAMF said:
I don't want to be the bearer of such ordinary news but a usually very reliable little birdy informed me last night that Foz has agreed to terms with the Warriors. The deal, which includes a hefty 3rd party sponsorship, will commence season 2016 and the signing is due to be announced by Foz/Warriors following the current international series. Something about the club paying 1.2 mil + 800k being sponsorship.

No way is he worth that much money

I'm sorry I've never understood the love for him, he's Peter Wallace meets Josh Reynolds minus the grub with the power to inspire, he busts a gut and is tough as nails but yeah, he's not a game winner like his halves partner,when DCE was out we were rudderless, when Foran was out we were still very much a power

WAMF said:

Given the Warriors owners tweet error this wouldn't surprise me at all

Yes I'd be surprised if the deal isn't already done, if not the Eels are ready to throw millions at him, mind you so are we but it might be more millions.

If WAMF is right there's no way we can match two million a year.

By the way, that is staggering money, will make him the number 1 player in the game, and as good as he his I just can't see that he is that .

I just hope the club works to a deadline so that everyone knows who's going where and when so we don't end up with last season's mess. If he can get a contract worth that much then well done I say, but seriously that will skew the market really bad.. Imagine what DCE manager will be pushing if Foz could potentially earn up to $2M per season

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2