Manly's 6.6 million Xmas Gift...Foz/DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully the ARU step in and offer both players huge deals? Surely then Dave Smith will react and give Manly salary cap dispensation to keep them.

Well we can only hope can't we, that as far as this is concerned the cards fall our way for a change.

bones said:
Hopefully the ARU step in and offer both players huge deals? Surely then Dave Smith will react and give Manly salary cap dispensation to keep them.

Lol. Smith and Greenberg would give cap dispensation for them to stay in the NRL and play for the dogs.:p

Some great comments on here btw. You guys gave me a laugh before work.:)

This is the best news I've heard since the 2006 announcement that Jamie Lyon was coming to the Sea Eagles. Whilst it doesn't guarantee anything, it shows a strong leadership and focus and tells the players 'we want you, we're paying well, so if you want to stay let's go for it! If this doesn't suit....then **** off!'

If we can keep these 2 together we can be a genuine Top 4 chance for years and years to come.

The time has come to draw a line in the sand over this. This has to be done either way by close of January. The club cant afford for this to drag on.

I think that they will be offered a package to stay as co captains after Killer finishes.

Have to respect the way the new management does business.

This could has easily been another Giftygate. Instead - proactive, big offer, shows respect and commitment.

You can't treat this like an auction and come in at the end.

Both players (and their managers) would appreciate this too. Going into xmas knowing their future could be sorted would be a nice feeling for both lads.

Killer03 said:
This is the best news I've heard since the 2006 announcement that Jamie Lyon was coming to the Sea Eagles. Whilst it doesn't guarantee anything, it shows a strong leadership and focus and tells the players 'we want you, we're paying well, so if you want to stay let's go for it! If this doesn't suit....then **** off!'

If we can keep these 2 together we can be a genuine Top 4 chance for years and years to come.
I am in the 'one-owner-is-not-ideal' faction but so far I must admit there has been a welcome, very positive change since the Penn buy-out.

It may only be media spin (how would I know?) but there have been more upbeat Manly stories in the past two weeks than in the previous two years.

Strong direction at last from the club. Just like a business would act in the real world.

Find out as soon as possible if one of both are going and then set a plan for a replacement as required

Hopefully Joe Kelly can apply some of the cap accounting he learned at Souths. That way we re-sign these two and will probably still be a couple mill under...

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Killer03 said:

I am in the 'one-owner-is-not-ideal' faction but so far I must admit there has been a welcome, very positive change since the Penn buy-out.

It may only be media spin (how would I know?) but there have been more upbeat Manly stories in the past two weeks than in the previous two years.

Yes but don't forget which camp " the leak" was in, however like you ( and in the same camp) I am pleasantly surprised to date.

Can someone explain why at the start of this article about Manly trying to sign its 2 star players is a picture of some twat Parra player. WTF has he got to do with the article.

mickqld said:
Can someone explain why at the start of this article about Manly trying to sign its 2 star players is a picture of some twat Parra player. WTF has he got to do with the article.
yea, looks like an honest ,trustworthy guy that would never stab you in the back. not

weev said:

This could has easily been another Giftygate. Instead - proactive, big offer, shows respect and commitment.

Both players (and their managers) would appreciate this too. Going into xmas knowing their future could be sorted would be a nice feeling for both lads.

I don't think either of them would struggle on the open market just quietly. You can also be certain their managers will be doing their best to get 10% of maximum payday, Manly or no Manly.

Chip and Chase said:
weev said:

I don't think either of them would struggle on the open market just quietly.

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm told both are in long term relationships

[/quote]

Bahahahaha........couldn't of put zorba better myself!!!! LOL
[/quote]

I know that laugh.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9