Manly's 6.6 million Xmas Gift...Foz/DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
MANLY chairman Scott Penn wants to give concerned Sea Eagles fans a $6.6 million Christmas gift — Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans.

Penn has formally opened negotiations in the club’s desperate $2.2 million-a-season bid to retain the star halves.

And Penn told The Daily Telegraph he would be working 24/7 to have Foran and Cherry-Evans locked up long-term by Christmas.

Penn could become Manly’s Santa Claus.

Foran and Cherry-Evans, who look set to confront one-another in next weekend’s Four Nations final in Wellington, are preparing to be bombarded with offers throughout summer.

The Test pair come off contract together at the end of next season. Their overall deal could be as much as $6.6 million over three years.

Cherry-Evans has been linked to Brisbane and Parramatta, Foran to New Zealand Warriors and Canterbury.

The pair will attract around $1.1 million a season on the open market, Foran may even demand more.

Penn was upbeat about his club’s chances of keeping the pair and hoped to have the deal completed by the end of the year.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/manlys-66-million-christmas-gift-daly-cherryevans-and-kieran-foran/story-e6frf3ru-1227112379604

Foz: "Guys, I don't want to talk about my contract until I have a break after the 4 nations."

Manly: "How about 2.5 million a year for 10 years just for you. But we have to get it done today?"

Foz: "I'll be right over."

o9fyc1.jpg

I didn't think we would have a chance in hell of keeping both.Even if we don't. We will get another big signing.

In Manly I trust..

More than anything by forcing the issue soon they should be able to gauge the intentions of both players. Thats a fair chunk of cap. If either or both dont intend to stay that money needs to be used wisely. We need to be able to target the right players and we will need time

A 3 year deal will take them to ages 28 and 29.
Perfect ages to be then scoring the final 5 year deal. Don't want to be out of contract at 30 or 31 but let's not mention the war!

Jimmy Jazz said:
A 3 year deal will take them to ages 28 and 29.
Perfect ages to be then scoring the final 5 year deal. Don't want to be out of contract at 30 or 31 but let's not mention the war!
Haha, very funny!

I'm a little confused, is he signing them to play on the sunshine coast as the Sunshine Coast badgers or has the sky not yet fallen in?

Either way I certainly "lovefooty" how about you @lovefooty

Well I guess that answers my question about wether we can afford to use 1/3 of our cap on two players.

Apparently we can!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Well I guess that answers my question about wether we can afford to use 1/3 of our cap on two players.

Apparently we can!!

My guess is there will be two things playing in the clubs favour marquee player and cap increases as well as 3rd party deals

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6