1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by TerryRandall, Aug 29, 2011.

1. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

+1,796 / 29
    Sure, we may not win the comp this year now, but for mine, Friday night only re-affirmed my faith in Manly and the Manly culture. We have the best culture in the competition by a mile - we are the club that sticks together, looks after its mates, the white knights of the ARL, true custodians of the game's legacy. To me, thats worth much, much, more than winning a comp. Sure Brisbane may win this year, but what is their culture? - taking advantage of an uneven competititon structure to be able to field state-of-origin quality sides for much of their existence. Storm may win it, but what is their culture? - win at all costs, including rorting the salary cap and bringing wrestling in to change the very fabric of the game to suit their cheating ways. Sure, Dragons may win it, but what is their culture? - Wayne and his merry men jumping ship next year for their next mercenary assignment. Sure, Tigers may win it, but what is their culture? - touch footy with benji then what? Cowboys, Warriors, Knights - no real culture to speak of at any of these clubs. Manly has a culture, an identity, a solid core that actually means something. Something that endures, and something that outweighs and outlasts short term successes and failures. Go Manly.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    +3,720 / 55
    Whilst I agree with what you are saying doesn't it make it all the more sweeter to beat teams like Bonkos, Drizzle, Steelers and Westies. I think that teams like Souths, Dogs,Parra,Roosters, Knights,Raiders,Panthers also have their own culture unique to each team
  3. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    +4,719 / 96
    I totally agree. Even if we don't win the comp every follower of the game knows that we are the best team, and Brookie is a place feared more than Long Bay.
    Anyone else find it ironic that the Tigers have bought Blair to give them more mongrel?