MANLY yesterday confirmed they are trying to talk captain Ben Kennedy out of retirement.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

* :yeah:MANLY yesterday confirmed they are trying to talk captain Ben Kennedy out of retirement.

Rumours have swept the NRL in recent weeks that 32-year-old Kennedy may not be making his premiership swansong after all, with talks taking place behind the scenes for him to stay at Brookvale in 2007.

"We have had talks with him," Sea Eagles managing director Paul Cummins said.

"We'd love him to go around again next season and the players in the side would love to see him go around too."

Although Australian international Ben Creagh has been identified as a possible replacement, Manly will be keeping salary cap space open for Kennedy over the next few weeks as negotiations continue.

"At the moment he is adamant that this will be his last year," Cummings said.

"It's not that he doesn't want to play, it's his body telling him he can't put himself through this anymore."

The Sunday Telegraph
:yeah:

Nice work Manly, hope he does go around another season. Though I think if Manly win the premiership this season BK will call it a day for sure. Then again I have been wrong in the past!!!

Absolute stand-out today except for one poor option pass. Come-on Ben, it is just a body! Keep giving for the Sea Eagles, we need you!

Nice work Manly, hope he does go around another season. Though I think if Manly win the premiership this season BK will call it a day for sure. Then again I have been wrong in the past!!!

lol sorry but had to laugh,

It wont happen. And if it does it will be a big mistake IMO. How many times have you seen players "have one more season" when it clearly isnt in them.

Perhaps he could be talked into staying on as a bench player, bring him on after the 1st 15 minutes or so in each half, a half game from BK would be worth a full game from most of our forwards. Give him a couple of trainning sessions a week off as well.

Thats more time than most of our props got yesterday anyway

Kite played 50+ minutes, the other 4 had 110 minutes between them (25 - 30 each) why?

He would be a good impact player

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4