MANLY WARRINGAHS TRAVELLING SUPPORTHAS - MELBOURNE 11/9/09

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Well off we go down south again to hopefully smash the Storm!!

The Club and Ambassador holidays have done a fantastic job in organizing accommodation, tickets and a post match function all in the space of around 36 hours and from what I hear we should have a sizeable group heading to the game.

The latest indications I have are that over 80 people have booked as part of the Travelling Supportahs group and of course there will be others that will make their own way or are locals.

Travel and Ticket packages have now been sold out but if you are going to the game and wish to purchase tickets you can purchase them direct from Ticketmaster.

The main manly supporter group will be in Aisles 34-36

See here for full details:-

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=19997

For those traveling by plane (To Tullamarine) and looking for transport to town I have booked with Jetbus (www.jetbus.com.au) who I have used before which will drop you directly at your hotel and is reasonably priced (I’m booked on the 11.00am Friday trip and will be meeting Mr. and Mrs. Bluedog at the airport as we arrive roughly the same time).

Tip: Remember to allow a bit of time between your scheduled arrival time and when you book the bus for in case of late take offs and especially if you have baggage or large banners etc to collect?

Re transfers from Avalon to the city as it has been a while since I did that but last season we went with Sunbus (http://www.sitacoaches.com.au/avalon/) which was fine and reasonably priced (They met all Jetstar flights but worth a Google and see if that is still the case?).

For those staying at Rydges who have not been there before there are plenty of 7/11’s, bottle shops, banks, café’s etc all close by for snacks and treats and the pub which is just across and up the road (The Elephant and Wheelbarrow) is as good as any local bar for a beer if that is your want (Good pint of Guinness!!) – Note: The pub is kid friendly but downstairs does get a little crowded so worth going upstairs with the kids where there is a bit more room?

China Town is also close by and on the last trip after the game a group of 15 or so supporters managed to barter with a couple of the local Chinese restaurants to get a cut priced banquet which was so huge that they are still eating it now apparently (Mark has the photos to prove it.

Lygon Street is a short walk away from Rydges (ask for a map and directions at reception) and good for all manner of Italian food (We have eaten at Toto’s (near enough the first on the left as you walk up the street and the other whose name I can’t remember but it began with a “C”, was on the left just past the park on Lygon, had a large yellow canopy and the inside was covered with team Ferrari memorabilia – both were well worth a visit)

Pre-game…most supporters will gather in the bar at the hotel so that we can have a catch up and avoid running the risk of missing the bus to the game.

For those not booked on the bus there are generally plenty of taxis waiting outside the hotel (See Google maps for details if you want to walk but it’s a bit of a hike?)

Post match it’s back to Rydges for the post match function which will need to be pre-booked from the club see here to book

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/event-booking.asp

Really looking forward to this and hope to see some of you there

Cheers

Vidmar

Hi Clontaago,
The bus is for the full package group (accom etc.)
I'm not sure what the story is with numbers on that side but suggest you get in contact with Mark at [email protected] as he may be able to sort you out some seats?
See you Friday hopefully
Cheers
Vid

Easy there Pete, I know your eyes were popping out BUT she is "MRS" Clontaggo and given yours (and my) age all we can but do is "dream" of the "good old days"

Corso_Pete link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=181628.msg240233#msg240233 date=1252374706]
Vid, Gronk and I bought the tickets/function package, does this get us on the bus?

and Mrs Clontaggo?
[/quote]

Mrs Gronk and Mrs Clontaago will be there.  They will be the ones looking embarrassed to be standing near their husbands. 

Douggie, I will have the car there as I have to come straight from the synchrotron and if we are very nice to my missus she can drive us up to Rydges. 

Don't worry Gronk, it's a bit of "in house" fun...we were too busy drinking beers to be doing much ogling, the ladies are safe from Corso Pete!!

The Gronk link said:
I'm sure being ogled by drunken blokes in manly jerseys she has never met is her life long dream. 
its not like you will be payin her much attention you have a wood the likes you get from 1000 viagaras over the snake :D

Pete is just being greedy after jumping into the Eagle Angel's moshpit on Saturday. Although, a week is a long time between functions.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=181628.msg240415#msg240415 date=1252448643]
I'm sure being ogled by drunken blokes in manly jerseys she has never met is her life long dream. 
its not like you will be payin her much attention you have a wood the likes you get from 1000 viagaras over the snake :D
[/quote]

The Gronk always has more than enough wood to go around.  Just ask your mum. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4