MANLY WARRINGAHS TRAVELLING SUPPORTAHS - STORM 23/8/09 40 - 0!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hubby has to work this weekend so no travelling to Melbourne for us :(

We have travelled in the last 3 weekends a total of almost 3000km all by car!! We live near Wagga Wagga & getting to games is a rarity for us as hubbies work requires him often to work on weekends!

We were at the tigers game but unfortunatly on the opposite side of the field to everyone.....then we went to brookie.....we got annihilated but the few supporters that did come back to the club were good fun! (yes vidmar, I even met you but you obviously didnt remember us as we were at the game on Saturday night against Roosters....we were sitting a few rows down from you guys but you didnt notice....lol. We were a bit quieter though cause we had our bub with us this time!)

We are making plans to head back to brookie on Sept 5th! We are contemplating bringing our bub since it is her 1st birthday on the 10th but we still arent sure about that yet!

I think its great the amount of supporters that follow the team around no matter where they are playing....I wish we had a money tree so that we could make every game too! Have had so much fun the last couple of weekends!!!

I have prolly taken the original thread off topic....sorry!!....lol

*sneaks back out & hopes to catch up with everyone at the Titans game*

This is for Missing Something.

Firstly Dan and I have had some discussions re this but you do need to be aware that what the Sea Eagles do for me goes way beyond a "forum post".

I wont go into it in full (as it's my business and not yours anyway) but there's a significant input in promotion and a significant input into providing services from their end so this works well for both of us.

In return for that I provide a service (that has never been provided in the past) to the membership and we work together to provide a range of options for the Travelling Supportahs that is quite wide ranging.

I said I make a "little" on the deal....let me assure you in comarison to the rest of my business it's a "little".

I moved 391 people in 2007 to Rugby World Cup, average spend was around $10,000 a person...in fact our turnover was just a tad under four million dollars.

You can imagine the profit made on that project was considerable.

To give you an example I had 22 go to Townsville in May,the spend was $195.00 a head a total of just under $5000.00.

Our total turnover for Manly tours for 2009 will be about $30,000.00.

It's a LOT or work for a LITTLE reward.

I do it more because I love the game (and the team) than the money!!

Vidmar (kindly) puts the information on here, I only respond to any questions asked.....if and when Dan wants some money for this we'll need to seek a more comprehensive return on that investment.

In the meantime all of my trip details are available on www.mwse.com.au

Ill be there on Saturday afternoon for a couple of drinks before taking the wife out for a romantic dinner, and will be at the game. I think PJ will be there on Saturday and will defintely be at the game.

Look forward to catching up with you all!!

From about 4.30pm at the Rydges mate, PLEASE make sure you come up and say hello to me, most people there will know who I am.

Although I'll be hard to miss I'll be the one there wearing the Manly gear....LOL

Hi Clontaago,
Great that you can make it...I'll be at Rydges too and would be great to meet you if you get a chance?
Really really looking forward to this and soooooohope we get the win!!
Cheers
Vid

Sad I cant make it for this one. Work and finances are just a bitch. Next time hopefully.

I will be in town on Grand Final week, so lets hope Manly pull off a miracle and I get to go see them

Dan...am really dissapointed you could not make it, do want to meet you one day....BTW are you ever in Brisbane for work or pleasure???

If it's a midweek day I would be delighted to shout you lunch (if you could spare the time).

mrsperko link said:

We have travelled in the last 3 weekends a total of almost 3000km all by car!! We live near Wagga Wagga & getting to games is a rarity for us as hubbies work requires him often to work on weekends!

We were at the tigers game but unfortunatly on the opposite side of the field to everyone.....then we went to brookie.....we got annihilated but the few supporters that did come back to the club were good fun! (yes vidmar, I even met you but you obviously didnt remember us as we were at the game on Saturday night against Roosters....we were sitting a few rows down from you guys but you didnt notice....lol. We were a bit quieter though cause we had our bub with us this time!)

We are making plans to head back to brookie on Sept 5th! We are contemplating bringing our bub since it is her 1st birthday on the 10th but we still arent sure about that yet!

I think its great the amount of supporters that follow the team around no matter where they are playing....I wish we had a money tree so that we could make every game too! Have had so much fun the last couple of weekends!!!

Hi there...
Great effort in getting to the games and shame you came away with 2 losses!!!! (maybe you are the jinx LOL!)

Great picture of the bub and to your mention of taking her to Brookie for the Titans game...has she been to Brookie before/ (Would be great for her to say in years to come that she was at supporting the team home and away before her fisrt birthday!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to blank you on Saturday...was a bit of a chaotic day one way and another and then when I got to the ground and got sorted and had a catch up with Wheel, Corso and a few others the game was starting and as you saw it was pretty full on from there.

There are a quite a few things planned for the 5th including luncheons and Football Club get togethers etc so a good way to meet people and catch up with others (I saw your had written to Groggo and Geoff?)  if your plans work that way.

Let's hope we are all at the GF come October?..Dan - Maybe the Gold Coast if we head there in a semi?

I am there from time to time, though turned down the last trip because it was just too much hassle. We have a conference in September, but at this stage I wont be going simply because with my promotion and another guys promotion, we are 2 ppl short in the team so need all hands on deck.

If that changes I will be there in September and will let you know.

Leanne and I are planning a weekend down there soon. I have to pick up something from Zep's house (Still waiting for Leanne to throw some cash your way too Zep) so we may just make a random trip down there, or I am thinking of taking a day off to head down.

Also may be on a US trip soon for work, and will be flying via Brisbane so will end up taking an extra day there

Well the offer stands Dan, if it's midweek, my shout for lunch. I work on the edge of the city (right next to Central Station) so really anywhere in the city is fine by me. And dont think this has to be a 4 hour piss up session, quite the opposite, if we can grab a sanga and a coffee that would be great.

I am pretty full on at weekends so really it's midweek that suits.

Otherwise at some game in 2010 or if a miracle happens the 2009 Grand Final

mrsperko link said:

Welcome to Silvertails mrsperko

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181342.msg237281#msg237281 date=1250560609]
Sad I cant make it for this one. Work and finances are just a bitch.

You misspelt fiancee Dan.
[/quote]

Nice work.

My missus is known as the financial controller however

Mine is "The Minister of Finance and Social Activities"...otherwise known as "she who must be obeyed".

We all have them guys, just in varying levels of "involvment".

Mine was a bit pissed off when I bought her a motorbike for our 25th wedding anniversary 9 years ago...hers is the back half...she doesn't ride.

I thought it was a VERY thoughful present.

WEATHER UPDATE - SUNDAY

PARTLY CLOUDY 17 - NO RAIN PREDICTED AT THIS STAGE.

It is pissing down at the moment and very, very windy. Gale force in some spots.

I'd say it will be a dry-ish track come Sunday but will be cool so rug up people.

Actually scratch that -

Forecast for Sunday
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning. Winds north to northwesterly averaging 20 to 30 km/h.

City Morning shower or two.  Min 11    Max 20

I have a daughter (and grandkids) in Melbourne so get there pretty regularly.

I love the "11 bottom and 20 tops" deal as this is what happens.

You wake up and it's freakin freezing.
By morning tea it's just freezing.
Around 2.30pm they hit the high of the day (if they say 20 really it's 16), and that lasts for 5 mins, and for a short time you feel "warm".
Around 3.00pm its freezing again
Around 5.00pm its freaking freezing.

And at night time GOD HELP US.

Say's me from Queensland where today is a barmy 29 degree's and has been that way since about 8.00am...oh yes we did get a chilly start, I think it was 16 when I awoke!!

Why you live in melbourne beats me Clon???

Reminds me Makybe Diva's second Melbourne Cup I went to. Freezing morning, warm late morning, something like 23 degrees at 1.00 pm, 30 metre high dust-storm and southern change rolled through at 2.00pm, torrential downpour and dropped to 11 degrees by 3.00pm, pitch black for the rest of the day.

Mark I was on the GC for work last week and nearly died laughing when the weather report outside the hotel said "Tomorrow 23 -Cool"

I was in the hotel pool that night.

Mate based on the last week that IS cool... it's going to be 30 here tomorrow

A balmy mid winters day in Sunny Queensland

And I'll be down there freezin my bum off!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4