Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - NYC Grand Final, 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
More Manly Silverware - Congratulations to the Premiers of the Disabled Rugby League
NSWPhysDisRL‏@NSWPDRLA
Physical Disability Premiers 2015 @SeaEagles #rugbyleague
CP_KAGvVAAAgFZN.jpg

Maaaanly, Maaaanly! :clap::party:
Fantastic, so happy to see these guys play and they love it !! Very close to my heart.
Good on you Martin Meredith for supporting this and what amazing athletes they are

Members stand - got lucky this year

Also this just came in which should of happened ages ago but at last some common sense from the NRL and channel 9

The Nine Network will bring rugby league fans a full day of action in the lead-up to the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final between the Brisbane Broncos and North Queensland Cowboys on Sunday – simulcast live, free and in HD on both Channel Nine and GEM.

"This is a great outcome for our fans who watch the game at home this weekend," NRL CEO Dave Smith said.

"They can now enjoy the best picture quality for the biggest game of the year.

"This is another first for our fans - it's the first Grand Final with two Queensland teams and it will be the first ever broadcast in high definition."

The massive Grand Final day begins at 10.00am when Wide World of Sports, hosted by Ken Sutcliffe, presents a special NRL Grand Final preview show, crossing live to ANZ Stadium as game day hots up.

Fans can then roll straight into the season finale of The Sunday Footy Show at 11.00am with pre-game expert analysis from Rugby League's eighth Immortal, Andrew "Joey" Johns, Peter Sterling, Brad Fittler and Darren Lockyer. Plus Erin Molan will be on deck with all the latest news in the countdown to the big game.

At 1.00pm the live rugby league action kicks off with the Holden Cup Grand Final between Penrith Panthers and Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. This will be followed at 3.45pm by the 2015 State Championship Grand Final between the Newcastle Knights and Ipswich Jets.

At 6.30pm, following a final wrap-up by the Nine News team, the Grand Final action will officially get underway with a pre-game concert by Aussie rock legends Cold Chisel and a tribute to the players retiring in 2015.

The voice of rugby league, Ray "Rabbits" Warren, will then lead Nine's NRL commentary team for the 2015 Telstra Premiership Grand Final. Joining him will be seven grand final winners: Peter Sterling, Phil Gould (coach), Brad Fittler, Andrew Johns, Darren Lockyer, Gorden Tallis and Wally Lewis, as well as Nine's sport reporters Yvonne Sampson and Cameron Williams.

Sunday, October 4, Grand Final Day timetable:

10.00am Wide World of Sports: NRL Grand Final special

11.00am The Sunday Footy Show: season finale

1.00pm 2015 Holden Cup Grand Final: Penrith Panthers v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (** Channel Nine & GEM) Note game won't start until 1:35 pm

3.45pm 2015 State Championship Grand Final: Newcastle Knights v Ipswich Jets (** Channel Nine & GEM)

6.30pm NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final: Brisbane Broncos v Nth Queensland Cowboys live from ANZ Stadium (**Channel Nine & GEM)

** Check local guides for times. Times above are AEDT.

** Times/Channels will differ in Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne.
When will Beau " home wrecker" Ryan be on the telecast?

When will Beau " home wrecker" Ryan be on the telecast?
He is making an appearance on the Footy Show this week.

Hopefully the will have the replays of his many 'my Family is the most important thing to me' snippets, then cut to his 'Beau Knows How To Lie' :eek:

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Holden Cup Coach Dave Heath has named his team to play Penrith Panthers in the Holden Cup Grand Final.

The season decider will be played at ANZ Stadium on Sunday, October 4, from 1.35pm.

The match will be shown live on Channel Nine and Fox Sports. We will also cover the game live on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Heath has chosen the same team that beat North Queensland Cowboys in the preliminary final and has added Jyi Seymour to a five-man bench.

Riley Travers has been named as captain.

Go the Sea Eagles!

Sea Eagles team

1. Tom Trbojevic

2. Jesse Bogle

3. Addison Demetriou

4. Jesse Ramien

5. Mitch Thomas

6. Will Pearsall

7. Riley Travers (C)

8. Liam Knight

9. Hugh Pratt

10. Jesse Maxwell

11. Luke Garner

12. Billy Bainbridge

13. Darcy Cox

Interchange

14. Nicho Hynes

15. James Parker

16. Dallas Koen

17. Moses Noovao-McGreal

18 Jyi Seymour

Hope Randall coaches better than he played.
I have nothing against Chad Randall but HOW can the club sack a coach that has achieved better results than any other Under 20's coach in Manly's history?
Boy. I'm getting more disillusioned by the day . . . and to think the club just sent me another plea to sign up again for 2016!

I have nothing against Chad Randall but HOW can the club sack a coach that has achieved better results than any other Under 20's coach in Manly's history?
Boy. I'm getting more disillusioned by the day . . . and to think the club just sent me another plea to sign up again for 2016!

The decision to part with money gets harder every day.

Like you nothing against Chad, played for us, and his Dad well, enough said BUT Heath gets our boys to a GF, our first Under 20's team to ever do so and like everyone else in the place gets shafted!!

I'll admit it I'm disillusioned at present.

The decision to part with money gets harder every day.

Like you nothing against Chad, played for us, and his Dad well, enough said BUT Heath gets our boys to a GF, our first Under 20's team to ever do so and like everyone else in the place gets shafted!!

I'll admit it I'm disillusioned at present.
I just shake my head now, can't believe what is going on. If this is true its probably about mates looking after mates and in Chad's case his old man and Bozo

Manlys SG ball team finished 2013 in 12th, 2014 in 14th. 2015 was Chad Randall's first year as SG Ball Coach and takes his team to the preliminary final! One win away from the grand final only losing to South's in golden point.

The bulk of this SG Ball squad will be moving to U20's over the next season, so it makes sense for Chad to keep working with his kids. Some have already stepped up in 2015 (Billy Bainbridge, Ellia Fatui, Brad Parker, Bailey Shiach-Wise) and others you will see in 2016 (Clint Macguire, Cade Cust, Luke Poselli, Bonny Hopoate, Jaiden Tarrant, Fredi Sione, Heath Garay, Briden Ramien eth .) Lets see how he goes moulding this next generation over a few seasons.

David Heath may be hard done by however Chad Randall hasn't been given this position for any other reason than he is a good coach. He has earned this by being one of the best up and coming coaches in the business, his peers will tell you that and his players although he can be quite tough on them respect him and will go to war for him. Don't forget he has played 260 odd first grade games here and in England, so has plenty of playing experience. This is a look to the future and he is Manly through and through.

John Hopoate coaching the 2016 SG Ball side has raised some eyebrows concerning his character flaws and closeness to bozo however his coaching record in the various junior ranks around Sydney is very good. He also along with Mark Bryant and Beaver helped Chad with the SG Ball side this year. From what I have heard he has been doing a good job so far.

Go Manly...

Don't want to be on the sidelines when Hopoate has his first disagreement with a referee or touchy.
He normally knows only one way to react.

Manlys SG ball team finished 2013 in 12th, 2014 in 14th. 2015 was Chad Randall's first year as SG Ball Coach and takes his team to the preliminary final! One win away from the grand final only losing to South's in golden point.

The bulk of this SG Ball squad will be moving to U20's over the next season, so it makes sense for Chad to keep working with his kids. Some have already stepped up in 2015 (Billy Bainbridge, Ellia Fatui, Brad Parker, Bailey Shiach-Wise) and others you will see in 2016 (Clint Macguire, Cade Cust, Luke Poselli, Bonny Hopoate, Jaiden Tarrant, Fredi Sione, Heath Garay, Briden Ramien eth .) Lets see how he goes moulding this next generation over a few seasons.

David Heath may be hard done by however Chad Randall hasn't been given this position for any other reason than he is a good coach. He has earned this by being one of the best up and coming coaches in the business, his peers will tell you that and his players although he can be quite tough on them respect him and will go to war for him. Don't forget he has played 260 odd first grade games here and in England, so has plenty of playing experience. This is a look to the future and he is Manly through and through.

John Hopoate coaching the 2016 SG Ball side has raised some eyebrows concerning his character flaws and closeness to bozo however his coaching record in the various junior ranks around Sydney is very good. He also along with Mark Bryant and Beaver helped Chad with the SG Ball side this year. From what I have heard he has been doing a good job so far.

Go Manly...
Thanks Chad

I must be missing something here, I was under the impression Heath was following the bulk of this years U20's into NSW cup.
With Chad doing the same with his side into U20's ?

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/09/30/memorable_moment_for.html

A moment to remember for Hynes
By Wayne Cousins

Wed 30th September, 01:11PM

It was a moment 19-year-old Nicho Hynes will never forget.

Holden Cup Preliminary Final, AAMI Park, Saturday, September 26, 2015. The opposition – the second placed Nth Qld Cowboys.

24-all, 76th minute, grand final spot for the taking.

The play: Hooker Hugh Pratt throws a dummy half pass to five-eighth Will Pearsall, who fires the ball to Hynes. He shrugs off a chaser, and calmly, from 18 metres out, lands a field goal for a 25-24 lead.

The Cowboys throw everything at the Sea Eagles in the dying minutes, but to no avail. The Sea Eagles cause a ‘huge upset’ to move into this Sunday’s season decider against Penrith.

“Nicho did very well under pressure. He went on specifically for it and stepped up when it was needed’’ revealed Sea Eagles Coach David Heath.

The field goal was a relief for Heath.

“We finally got one. We’ve had three draws this season because we couldn’t kick a field goal at the end,” he said

That’s right, 24 four matches in regular season, three finals matches – one field goal!

Prior to the finals series, Hynes played 23 matches, scored six tries for 24 points.

His only other points before the field goal was a try in the loss to Penrith in the qualifying final.

Heath said Hynes provides plenty of options for the team, having covered full-back, five-eighth and half-back this season.

“Nicho is a little bit of a victim in that he has the ability to play different positions,” Heath said.

“Next year, he will probably be the team’s half-back. This year we had three halves and they are all very good footballers in their own right. It is about trying to get that balance within your team.

“The impressive thing about Nicho is that whatever he has had to do, he has taken it on and he has been positive.”

None more so than ‘that’ field goal.

I must be missing something here, I was under the impression Heath was following the bulk of this years U20's into NSW cup.
With Chad doing the same with his side into U20's ?
Manly Daily yesterday refers to Heath as 'the departing Coach'.:(

Nothing on the MWSE site unfortunately.
We shall see if November 1st season commencement has an updated Staff list, as the current Football Department is missing Toovey :mad:
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/team/coaching_staff.html

Go Manly...
Chad's promotion would be understandable if David Heath was also promoted to coach the NSW Cup. You obviously know much more than most - so where is David Heath going to?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/nyc-youngsters-looking-to-cap-off-big-year-with-premiership/story-fngr8iii-1227550990950

NYC youngsters looking to cap off big year with premiership

September 30, 2015 4:26pm
Andrew Prentice
Manly Daily
33b43d41586964b5677e4fcb88a5c7b4

Domestic bliss: Hugh Pratt and Luke Garner (maroon shorts) hang out at home.
LUKE Garner and Hugh Pratt have developed a serious bromance since moving to Sydney.

The pair, who will look to play major roles in Manly’s NYC under-20 grand final this Sunday, also spend plenty of time together away from the paddock. They share a flat in Dee Why and work alongside one another.

Bruising backrower Garner arrived at the club from the Gold Coast, while crafty hooker and deadly goalkicker Pratt is from Northern Rivers, around the corner from Byron Bay.

v1

Both have played Holden Cup for the Sea Eagles the past two seasons and would love a premiership on their blossoming rugby league resumes.

Standing in their way are minor premiers Penrith, who belted Manly 44-24 in a major semi-final a few weeks ago.

Both weren’t concerned at that result, declaring they are quietly confident ahead of the decider at Homebush.

“We are happy to be the underdogs,” Pratt said.

“It is vital we don’t panic, and we need our big guys to match the Panthers boys up the middle.

“This is why we play footy, to be in a position to win titles, and it will be a great occasion this weekend in front of a big crowd with family and friends cheering us on.”

0f36bdd7bdf672a8224a0e7075b64960

Manly's under-20s players Hugh Pratt (right) and Luke Garner hang out at home.
But life isn’t all about footy for these two easygoing blokes.

When quizzed about Pratt’s most annoying habit, Garner was quick to playfully offer his thoughts.

“He loves the sound of his own voice. Hugh never shuts up,” 20-year-old Garner said.

After biting his tongue for a few seconds, Pratt, 19, pointed out what drives him up the wall about Garner.

“Luke’s phone may as well be glued to his ear, he is on it non-stop,” he said.

“He also rates himself in the kitchen as a great cook but I reckon I have him covered easily.”

Both players are off contract this year and are fully aware plenty of scouts from rival NRL clubs will be watching intently.

“Ideally we would both love to stay at Manly but we have left it in the hands of our managers,” Garner said.

“Hopefully we can do our jobs on the field and get the right result.”

The game is live on Channel 9/Foxtel from 1.30pm.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4