1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly Waringah Sea Eagles v Bulldogs

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Sea Eagles -
    1. Michael Robertson
    2. Ben Farrar
    3. Jamie Lyon
    4. Steve Matai
    5. David Williams
    6. Chris Bailey
    7. Matt Orford (c)
    8. Brent Kite
    9. Matt Ballin
    10. Josh Perry
    11. Anthony Watmough
    12. Glenn Hall
    13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange:
    14. Heath L’Estrange
    15. Jason King
    16. George Rose
    17. Tony Williams
    20. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
    21. Adam Cuthbertson

Bulldogs -
    1. Luke Patten
    2. Hazem El Masri
    3. Josh Morris
    4. Daryl Millard
    5. Bryson Goodwin
    6. Ben Roberts
    7. Brett Kimmorley
    8. Jarrad Hickey
    9. Mick Ennis
    10. Michael Hodgson
    11. Gary Warburton
    12. Andrew Ryan
    13. David Stagg

Interchange:
    14. Brad Morrin
    15. Greg Eastwood
    16. Yileen Gordon
    17. Daniel Holdsworth

Referees:
    Tony Archer & Jared Maxwell
    Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis & Steve Carrall
    Video Referee: Tim Mander

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Manly v Bulldogs, Monday 7pm (EST), Brookvale Oval
    The Adjudicator says: "Everyone seems to think the Sea Eagles have officially turned the corner after stringing together five wins out of their last six. Those five victories were against the Broncos, Eels, Roosters, Panthers and Raiders. Five teams that combined have nothing on the in-form Bulldogs. The halves duo of Ben Roberts and Brett Kimmorley are firing on all cylinders and will take plenty of stopping. This is the real acid test for Hasler’s men to see if Fortress Brookvale can still be just that. The Dogs are barking up the right tree at the moment and will send the Sea Eagles soaring back to the drawing board."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator, including your full name and where you're from.

LATEST COMMENTS FROM FANS

Sea Eagles fan Philby of Sydney says: " I actually think we will know after Monday night whether its the Dogs that are Pretenders or Contenders. Under-the-radar Hasler unveiled who I am going to dub the 'Rookie of 2009' in Keiran Foran, and I hope that Bailey will be moved to the bench so that the young kid can terrorise Noddy and Roberts. Manly have needed a second playmaker and the kid is the goods. Besides that Lyon and Wolfman will be smiting after mediocre performances for the Blues and will be out to prove a point. Manly by 14."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25711629-5018866,00.html

3. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Philby must post here. "Smiting"

4. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    ;D yeah, I wonder or whether it was just an unusual choice of words.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    With the representative players back on deck Coach Des Hasler has named a very strong line-up to take on the 2nd placed Bulldogs on Monday night. Currently the side features a six man bench that will be cut prior to kick off.

6. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    SEA EAGLES TOYOTA CUP LINE-UP

1 William Hopoate
    2 Mitchell Porter
    3 Matt Grieve
    4 Blake Davey
    5 John Grey
    6 Kieran Foran
    7 Daly Cherry-Evans
    8 James Cunningham
    9 Liam Higgins
    10 Lama Tasi
    11 Todd Wilson
    12 Darcy Lussick
    13 Jamie Buhrer (c)

Interchange
    14 Scott Blanch
    15 Mitch Jowett
    16 Magnus Stromquist
    17 Jason Annear
    18 Josh Portlock

Coach: David Penna

7. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    hmmm. I am hoping Des will give Foran another crack after the Dogs and Dragons games. I can understand why he hasnt put him in but would love to see him get another shot in the not too distant future. Hopefully come finals time our side might look something like this.

Stewart
    Robertson
    Matai
    Lyon
    Williams D
    Foran
    Orford
    King
    Ballin
    Perry
    Stewart
    Watmough
    Bailey

Le Strange
    Kite
    Hall
    Rose

8. deadlyeagle

deadlyeagle Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    disapointed but not surprised about Foran not playing but he is very young so plenty of time (if we resign him). But atleast we know we have good backup in the halves rather than last year if one of our halves got injured we were F****d.

on another note it will be interesting to see T-Rex start from the bench with his impact and to see how Farrar performes on the wing, sad to say though im glad cuthbo isnt in the team even JWH is ahead of him now.

9. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    We're getting back to full strength (Kite back in the starting even) so this might be the first time we see T Williams in the forward pack role.  Will be interesting to see how he goes and where he plays. 

10. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    I'm pretty sure Kite has been named in the starting team in previous weeks too, only to be changed on game day.

11. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    Would Des drop T Rex and play Bailey at 2nd row/bench utility and play Foran at 5/8

Its one youngster vs the other.. the other two have signed elsewhere so can get stuffed. When Rodney returns.. it may throw a spanner in the works but I cant see Des dropping a senior player for a kid.. no matter how good he played.

12. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    King will be rewarded with a starting role I am guessing, Kite back to the bench

I like the side, it looks good

13. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Cuthbo will be on the plane to Qld

14. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I've been underwhelmed by Williams and glad to see him benched. However it remains to be seen whether Des throws him into the backrow rotation ahead of Cuthbo or JWH if that's where his future with the club lies, if not then you'd expect he'd drop off bench and be on that same plane as Cuthbo.

15. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Foran was long odds to play this weekend with five Origin players coming back (even after an excellent debut) but I don't think he did himself any favours by being involved in the drunken Roosters incident on the weekend.

Since Bozo was coach, Manly have never looked kindly on players getting on the drink in the city. Whether it be the Cross or the Rocks, I doubt it matters - as far as the club is concerned, nothing good can come from the city after midnight....

16. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    don't know what u guys think,but i hope JWH and cuthbo drop off the bench,thanks for memories cuthbo but please take your all to risky offloads to the sharks.

17. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Foran, Cthbo and JWH will get a run in the lower grades this week, then play first grade the following week 

18. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Interesting to see Farrar get a spot over T-Rex. I was unimpressed with him when he was at the Eels and have been equally unimpressed this season.

I remember mentioning it late last year when everyone was creaming their pants over his signing.

He looks lazy and disinterested. Being in the forwards laziness is going to be far more damaging. Oh well

Dogs by 10

19. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Out of T-Rex, JW-H or Cuthbo I hope Des goes with JWH. He stood up against the Raiders and looks the best of those 3. This is a game where we must plan to square up against the Dog forwards and get the win.

20. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I want to see T Rex play as an impact forward, so am looking forward to him being a bit closer in and getting some decent runs in.