Manly Waringah Sea Eagles v Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Sea Eagles -
1. Michael Robertson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Steve Matai
5. David Williams
6. Chris Bailey
7. Matt Orford (c)
8. Brent Kite
9. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Glenn Hall
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange:
14. Heath L’Estrange
15. Jason King
16. George Rose
17. Tony Williams
20. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
21. Adam Cuthbertson

Bulldogs -
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Josh Morris
4. Daryl Millard
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Jarrad Hickey
9. Mick Ennis
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

Interchange:
14. Brad Morrin
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Yileen Gordon
17. Daniel Holdsworth

Referees:
Tony Archer & Jared Maxwell
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis & Steve Carrall
Video Referee: Tim Mander

Manly v Bulldogs, Monday 7pm (EST), Brookvale Oval
The Adjudicator says: "Everyone seems to think the Sea Eagles have officially turned the corner after stringing together five wins out of their last six. Those five victories were against the Broncos, Eels, Roosters, Panthers and Raiders. Five teams that combined have nothing on the in-form Bulldogs. The halves duo of Ben Roberts and Brett Kimmorley are firing on all cylinders and will take plenty of stopping. This is the real acid test for Hasler’s men to see if Fortress Brookvale can still be just that. The Dogs are barking up the right tree at the moment and will send the Sea Eagles soaring back to the drawing board."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator, including your full name and where you're from.

LATEST COMMENTS FROM FANS

Sea Eagles fan Philby of Sydney says: " I actually think we will know after Monday night whether its the Dogs that are Pretenders or Contenders. Under-the-radar Hasler unveiled who I am going to dub the 'Rookie of 2009' in Keiran Foran, and I hope that Bailey will be moved to the bench so that the young kid can terrorise Noddy and Roberts. Manly have needed a second playmaker and the kid is the goods. Besides that Lyon and Wolfman will be smiting after mediocre performances for the Blues and will be out to prove a point. Manly by 14."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25711629-5018866,00.html

clontaago link said:
Philby must post here. \"Smiting\"

;D yeah, I wonder or whether it was just an unusual choice of words.

With the representative players back on deck Coach Des Hasler has named a very strong line-up to take on the 2nd placed Bulldogs on Monday night. Currently the side features a six man bench that will be cut prior to kick off.

SEA EAGLES TOYOTA CUP LINE-UP

1 William Hopoate
2 Mitchell Porter
3 Matt Grieve
4 Blake Davey
5 John Grey
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 James Cunningham
9 Liam Higgins
10 Lama Tasi
11 Todd Wilson
12 Darcy Lussick
13 Jamie Buhrer (c)

Interchange
14 Scott Blanch
15 Mitch Jowett
16 Magnus Stromquist
17 Jason Annear
18 Josh Portlock

Coach: David Penna

hmmm. I am hoping Des will give Foran another crack after the Dogs and Dragons games. I can understand why he hasnt put him in but would love to see him get another shot in the not too distant future. Hopefully come finals time our side might look something like this.

Stewart
Robertson
Matai
Lyon
Williams D
Foran
Orford
King
Ballin
Perry
Stewart
Watmough
Bailey

Le Strange
Kite
Hall
Rose

disapointed but not surprised about Foran not playing but he is very young so plenty of time (if we resign him). But atleast we know we have good backup in the halves rather than last year if one of our halves got injured we were F****d.

on another note it will be interesting to see T-Rex start from the bench with his impact and to see how Farrar performes on the wing, sad to say though im glad cuthbo isnt in the team even JWH is ahead of him now.

We're getting back to full strength (Kite back in the starting even) so this might be the first time we see T Williams in the forward pack role.  Will be interesting to see how he goes and where he plays. 

Would Des drop T Rex and play Bailey at 2nd row/bench utility and play Foran at 5/8

Its one youngster vs the other.. the other two have signed elsewhere so can get stuffed. When Rodney returns.. it may throw a spanner in the works but I cant see Des dropping a senior player for a kid.. no matter how good he played.

King will be rewarded with a starting role I am guessing, Kite back to the bench

I like the side, it looks good

I've been underwhelmed by Williams and glad to see him benched. However it remains to be seen whether Des throws him into the backrow rotation ahead of Cuthbo or JWH if that's where his future with the club lies, if not then you'd expect he'd drop off bench and be on that same plane as Cuthbo.

Foran was long odds to play this weekend with five Origin players coming back (even after an excellent debut) but I don't think he did himself any favours by being involved in the drunken Roosters incident on the weekend.

Since Bozo was coach, Manly have never looked kindly on players getting on the drink in the city. Whether it be the Cross or the Rocks, I doubt it matters - as far as the club is concerned, nothing good can come from the city after midnight....

don't know what u guys think,but i hope JWH and cuthbo drop off the bench,thanks for memories cuthbo but please take your all to risky offloads to the sharks.

Foran, Cthbo and JWH will get a run in the lower grades this week, then play first grade the following week 

Interesting to see Farrar get a spot over T-Rex. I was unimpressed with him when he was at the Eels and have been equally unimpressed this season.

I remember mentioning it late last year when everyone was creaming their pants over his signing.

He looks lazy and disinterested. Being in the forwards laziness is going to be far more damaging. Oh well

Dogs by 10

Out of T-Rex, JW-H or Cuthbo I hope Des goes with JWH. He stood up against the Raiders and looks the best of those 3. This is a game where we must plan to square up against the Dog forwards and get the win.

I want to see T Rex play as an impact forward, so am looking forward to him being a bit closer in and getting some decent runs in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6