Manly vs Penrith discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The ref rode us with hands and heels tonight.

Great display tonight by all and some great line running by the boys tonight, good to see some of those early season plays that weren't coming off are starting to click.

I'll take 2 points ugly or not at the end. A few extra for and against would be nice but any way you look at it 5/7 is a rip roaring bloody start to the season!

Ok i just got back from the game. I was sitting right near the Penrith supporters and enjoyed giving them **** all night. We were quite good for most of the game especially our first half defense!!. I think DCE didn't have a great game (he kicked out on the full a few times and still has alot of improvement in him) but i will have to watch the replay. Foran had a cracker as well as Matai and Hoppa. Such a pity we let those late tries in but we had to do alot of defending on back of the terrible referring. We are seriously going to be a contender for the premiership once Snake is back!!. I will post again after i watch the replay.

TokyoEagle said:
Once he homes in on those 40/20s, look out.

Yeah im not having a go at him i just didn't think he had the best game, he will only get better and bigger. I think Foran overshadows him with his extra first grade experience which DCE will get over time. ;)

Sorry Torana, didn't mean to be coming across as having a go at you. I was definitely not. If i was, I would have linked it to your post. ;)
Was just stating my thoughts.

TokyoEagle said:
Sorry Torana, didn't mean to be coming across as having a go at you. I was definitely not. If i was, I would have linked it to your post. ;)
Was just stating my thoughts.

All good, ive almost finished watching the replay and i take it back DCE actually had a really good game, that 40/20 would have been awesome :)

Des has the attacking structure going like oil on glass and the defence is willing & organised.

But its some of the little things I noticed tonight. Like Kings damaging run after a slight breakdown in our play which put us back on the front foot.

A passing movement out to the right would have been an error if not for Kite taking an extremely poor pass at boot height, retaining his balance and keeping the movement alive.

Lyon & Joe both causing errors in the Panthers attack at critical times which stifled their momentum.

Gift swatting the ball away in our in goal when the ball was loose and open to a Panthers try.

Too many to mention really, but suffice to say we play like a team & everyone puts in.

Jamie defended well tonight, shut down their LH attack completely. You get blase about it because he does it week, in week out.

Oldfield needed to stay on his man to stop their first try, and I thought he could have had a go at tackling Waterhouse to stop their last try, just like he could have had a go at tackling Inglis when he stepped outside Lyon a few weeks back.

Those little finishing touches to his defence in particular is what will keep him out of the top grade for now when we're at full strength. But what a lot of promise.

Hoppa must stay in the top team.

Ok i finished watching the replay and i agree Oldfield's one weakness atm is a few defensive mistakes but im sure he will work on that. In the MOM interview Hoppa talked about Snake helping him alot in the FB position so everyone that thinks we should let Snake go are kidding themselves. Also great that Des told Vossy in the post match interview that he is confident of signing Hoppa and could be as soon as next week :)

Sat on the hill for the first time and LOVED IT. Still gotta watch the replay but man, Matai had a great game.. and didn't grab his neck or ankle once!! :D

manlyforever08 said:
Sat on the hill for the first time and LOVED IT. Still gotta watch the replay but man, Matai had a great game.. and didn't grab his neck or ankle once!! :D

Couldn't of been that good. No ankle or neck grabbing, that is Matai's Shazam.

Kite had an outstanding game. He was rock solid in defence, some of his tackles were superb and he saved more than one try with legs tackle which is what was needed on the big panthers forwards

Kite has played particularly well in the last 2 games.
King is doing well too. No coincidence that our halves seem to have more time to choose their options this season.

The other thing Oldfield could work on is getting into dummy half and helping the forwards out coming out of our end. Take a leaf out of Stevie's book. What was doing with that pass that he threw to Hoppa ?? Shocker !

Oldfield may have got bit confident, pressure can do that, Robbo was great again last night, huge decisions for Des at end of season.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6