Manly vs Penrith discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing wrong with success Torana, as long as there's no complacency in the team's attitude and they develop a ruthlessness about putting other teams away.

Sure it could be a dangerous game with all the variables of playing desperate men 'facing the firing quad'

Go Manly!!!

Daniel said:
torana355 said:
Wow we are in to $1.38 favorites, Panfers out to $3.10!!! Im starting to have a bad feeling about this game....

Glad to see someone uses the odds on the site :) Now do you do your punting through sportingbet too?

Nah i use centrebet but the sportingbet odds are almost identical so i like using the odds on this site :)

brookiegreg said:
Nothing wrong with success Torana, as long as there's no complacency in the team's attitude and they develop a ruthlessness about putting other teams away.

Sure it could be a dangerous game with all the variables of playing desperate men 'facing the firing quad'

Go Manly!!!

The thing ive noticed is Manly seem to play best when their backs are against the wall. We seem to lose the games we should win and win the games we should loss lol.

Yep exactly. Everyone saying we will thrash them and 13+ blah blah has me a tad bit worried.

According to Foxsports Big Joe passed a fitness test on his ankle yesterday and is expected to play against the Panthers tomorrow night. Good news.

Late Mail
Brett Stewart (hamstring) will
be given until tomorrow to prove
his fitness after three weeks
out. Will Hopoate will switch
from the wing should he pull out.
The Panthers had a final training
session yesterday and have no
injury concerns, but are yet to
finalise their bench

Injuries and Suspension
Sea Eagles: David Williams
(knee) indefinite; Shane Rodney
(shoulder) Rd 2

Squad experience
Sea Eagles 1745 Panthers 1571
Rep experience
Sea Eagles 96 Panthers 11

TAB Sportsbet betting
Sea Eagles $1.40 Panthers $3

Manly 13+ $2.30
Manly 1-12 $3.10
Draw $31.00
Penrith 1-12 $4.50
Penrith 13+ $8.00
FootyTAB Team +7.5
1st Try Scorer
HOPOATE Will (Man) 7.00 $
7995 ROBERTSON Michael (Man) 7.00 $
7994 STEWART Brett (Man) 7.00 $
8012 EARL Sandor (Pen) 11.00 $
8011 GORDON Michael (Pen) 11.00 $
8013 JENNINGS Michael (Pen) 11.00 $
7996 LYON Jamie (Man) 11.00 $
7997 MATAI Steve (Man) 11.00 $
8028 Players Not Quoted 11.00 $
8015 SIMMONS David (Pen) 11.00 $
7999 FORAN Keiran (Man) 13.00 $
8014 TIGHE Brad (Pen) 13.00 $
8000 CHERRY-EVANS Daly(Man) 17.00 $
8004 WATMOUGH Anthony (Man) 17.00 $
8016 BURNS Travis (Pen) 21.00 $
8006 STEWART Glenn (Man) 21.00 $
8026 TAHU Timana (Pen) 21.00 $
8002 BALLIN Matt (Man) 23.00 $
8008 BUHRER Jamie (Man) 23.00 $
8005 GALUVAO Joe (Man) 23.00 $
8023 FATIAKI Sarafu (Pen) 26.00 $
8017 WALSH Luke (Pen) 26.00 $
8021 WATERHOUSE Trent (Pen) 26.00 $
8019 KINGSTON Kevin (Pen) 34.00 $
8001 KING Jason (Man) 41.00 $
8003 KITE Brent (Man) 41.00 $
8024 SELUINI Nafe (Pen) 41.00 $
8020 CIVONICEVA Petro (Pen) 51.00 $
8018 GRANT Tim (Pen) 51.00 $
8022 PLUM Nigel (Pen) 51.00 $
8010 MAURO Vic (Man) 61.00 $
8007 ROBINSON Tim (Man) 61.00 $
8009 ROSE George (Man) 61.00 $
8025 BELL Matthew (Pen) 67.00 $
8027 MCKENDRY Sam (Pen) 67.00 $
8029 No Tryscorer 151.00 $
8030 Penalty Try 151.00

Wolfman and Brett - best season ticket holders in the club. You just KNOW they are going to be in the stands week after week.

Nah, just kidding, God love em.

manlyforever08 said:
I saw Smoking Joe at the Easter Show today and he was walking pretty good!

Gee he's been playing great this year hasn't he, for an older player, not on big money he's really putting in!!:D:D

Mark from Brisbane said:
manlyforever08 said:
I saw Smoking Joe at the Easter Show today and he was walking pretty good!

Gee he's been playing great this year hasn't he, for an older player, not on big money he's really putting in!!:D:D
he's having a fantastic year! i was worried when he got injured :( be great to see him play every game :) such a nice bloke too!

Joe in is good news, he is in career best form. He is doing a Ben Kennedy?
T Rex will still be on the bench, and I think he will be starting to warm to the task.
No disrespect to the Panthers who finished 2nd on the ladder last year, but ... Manly by 30+

I know I'll be howled down, but my anxiety levels about this game are sky high. As I've said before, Penriff weren't that bad over the past three weeks, have a coach under siege, Jennings & Grant playing for SOO spots and virtually every commentator has already written them off.

This feels like a classic ambush setting.

Manly fullback Brett Stewart has succumbed again to a hamstring injury ahead of Friday's clash with Penrith at Brookvale Oval. So for the fourth week in a row Stewart has been named, but won't play. ''Brett's doing everything right, but it's just not responding as we would have liked,'' coach Des Hasler said.
Hasler said William Hopoate would again move from wing to fullback, and that Michael Oldfield would come in on the wing.
Penrith coach Matthew Elliott will decide on the make-up of his bench on Friday. Yileen Gordon, named as 18th man, may still play.

INJURED Wests Tigers halfback Robert Lui could make a surprise return against Brisbane on Friday, although he is still considered doubtful to play.
The return of Lui, who has been out with an ankle injury, would be a significant boost, not only due to the well-documented injury problems at the Tigers but also because of the questionable fitness of fullback Wade McKinnon, who is in doubt himself with a hamstring injury.
Should McKinnon be ruled out, Tim Moltzen would switch to fullback, assuming Lui is cleared to slot into the halfback spot. Lui did not finish the club's training session on Thursday and will await medical advice on Friday before being ruled in or out. Liam Fulton (shoulder), Keith Galloway (groin) and Beau Ryan (groin) are all expected to play.

Brisbane have suffered a significant loss, with second-rower Matt Gillett ruled out for up to 10 weeks with a foot injury.
Gillett opted for surgery on Wednesday night, instead of a six-week spell in a boot.
''The smart thing to do is to have the operation and make sure he gets it right,'' Broncos coach Anthony Griffin said. ''We just didn't want to risk a whole season with him.''
Dane Carlaw will start at prop. Sam Thaiday, who had been selected in the front row, will take Gillett's spot in the second row, while Josh McGuire is the new face on the bench.

Dean Collis is expected to drop off the Cronulla bench for Saturday's clash with North Queensland at Toyota Stadium, with 18th man Johnny Mannah to play.
Cowboys coach Neil Henry will knock a player off his six-man bench on Friday, before travelling to Sydney with 18 players ahead of Saturday's clash with Cronulla. Will Tupou is expected to stay in Townsville.
Canterbury and South Sydney are expected to be as named ahead of their clash on Saturday.[

Canberra halfback Matt Orford (back), who wasn't named, has failed to prove his fitness for the Raiders' clash with Newcastle on Sunday. However Alan Tongue (shoulder) and Josh Dugan (calf) have trained all week and are strong chances to play.

Parramatta and Gold Coast are expected to be 1-17 for their match on Sunday.

St George Illawarra coach Wayne Bennett and Roosters counterpart Brian Smith are yet to decide on their benches, having both named 19 players for the grand-final rematch on Monday.
Melbourne's forward depth may be tested with Bryan Norrie and Adam Woolnough in doubt for the Anzac Day clash with the New Zealand Warriors. Coach Craig Bellamy said they would be given until match eve to prove their fitness. The Warriors are expected to be as named

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/lui-comes-into-reckoning-as-tigers-wait-on-mckinnon-update-20110421-1dqpz.html#ixzz1KCk4QbLL

Am a bit more confident now Pritchard is no longer in thier colours, he made a habit of turning up to play against us and giving us headaches

Still have that 40mins they put on us at Penrith last year in the back of my mind though, they were red hot, best 40 any side played last year

Ralphie said:
I know I'll be howled down, but my anxiety levels about this game are sky high. As I've said before, Penriff weren't that bad over the past three weeks, have a coach under siege, Jennings & Grant playing for SOO spots and virtually every commentator has already written them off.

I am with you there Ralphie. Everyone is tipping us, saying it should be a walk in the park. Penrith struggling will be fired up. I still think we will get up though..

dowdz said:
Ralphie said:

I am with you there Ralphie. Everyone is tipping us, saying it should be a walk in the park. Penrith struggling will be fired up. I still think we will get up though..

I agree with you both 100 %. This game to me feels like it is the Roosters vs us when we played them this year-no one backed us and we pulled off an upset, now the tables have turned .
Watch for the panthers to get a lot of early penalites and field possession. Us by 7 in a close game

The wife is a Panther fan, so I'll enjoy the victory tonight!
She's still angry they let Joe go as well so she should have a long night.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6