Manly vs Penrith discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree Cletus and like you I didn't like the good old days with Robbo at the back. He was never a fullback. I can see Des giving Brett another week off to get that hamstring right. Oldfield in. Manly by 13 plus.

I hope he gets enough time to get it right but hopefully we'll see him play soon. Is T Rex going to stay in the team? He'd want to watch out if Robinson performs because there are better backs and better fowards than him in the team. I wish he'd just pull his finger out.

I agree, Des will give Brett another week, save him for the tougher games (although he does need the game time).

I hate The Panthers, because of that arse clown Craig Gower. That, and they are Penrith.

NRL: Hamstrung Stewart training but not fit for Penrith

19 APR 11 @ 03:58PM BY JASON AVEDISSIAN
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/hamstrung-brett-back-training-but-not-fit-for-penrith/
cf07b207003ef154978a76bc8cfe275d_resized.jpg

MANLY fullback Brett Stewart cut a lonely figure
at the Sydney Sports Academy in Narrabeen as
he continued his one-man rehabilitation session
back into the NRL.

Stewart trained solo on Tuesday morning as his teammates held a solid session ahead of Friday night’s match against the Panthers at Brookvale Oval.

The Manly superstar has missed the club’s past three games with a recurring hamstring injury.

But Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler said there is no need to rush Stewart back into the team with young William Hopoate filling in comfortably at the back.

“We are working on getting him back this week,” the coach said.

“I’ve said all along, we are in a position where we can be really cautious with him. We don’t have to rush it.

“A hamstring injury is an injury where if it’s not handled right, it can set you back six to eight weeks.

“We don’t need to do that.”

The Sea Eagles are adamant Stewart’s hamstring problems are not related to his past two knee operations.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I agree, Des will give Brett another week, save him for the tougher games (although he does need the game time).

I always get nervous when there is talk of a big win because it usually ends up as a shock loss.

This will be an extremely tough game. Penriff are desperate and so will throw everything they have at us. If the passes stick and we aren't on our game, they will get us.

The only difference between minor premiers and wooden spooners this year will be the number of times a team turns up for the game switched on. Every team can beat every other team on their day. I just hope Des and the boys aren't thinking like everyone on here are.

i wouldn't mind seeing the big red fire engine getting another go

I think the run on team picks itself but the bench will be Rose, Mauro, T-Rex and Robinson. Good enough to beat Penrith. Just to smart on the edges with Choc and Glenn splitting them. Defensively we'll be to good. Manly 13 plus.

Danger game penrith are going to be desperate. If we do manage to put a score on them I think Elliot will be sacked on Monday.

Cambo said:
Danger game penrith are going to be desperate. If we do manage to put a score on them I think Elliot will be sacked on Monday.

This is spot on. The Penriff players will know that Elliot may be sacked. That means if they want him they'll be up big time. If they don't they may roll over.

My bet is they'll be up big time.

I think the opposite, my son in law is a big fan of theirs, is on their forum the entire time so tells me constantly about the "rumblings" and when they were in Brisbane a few weeks ago we jagged seats behind the players bench. Mick (son in law) was talking to a fair few of their boys over the fence prior to the game and there's a lot of unhappy campers in that outfit, I think that's why they haven't been going so well.

BUT they may well turn it around, you never know.

Ralphie said:
Cambo said:

This is spot on. The Penriff players will know that Elliot may be sacked. That means if they want him they'll be up big time. If they don't they may roll over.

My bet is they'll be up big time.

We tend to be the cause of several coaches leaving clubs after a big loss. Roosters and Sharks I think in the past few years?

My son in law said to me that Elliott had 8 weeks to sort out the situation, this will be week 7 and it does not even look like being sorted, as Cam has stated it may well be a "Danger Game" but I think the only danger is our boys taking them too lightly, if we play as we have been playing we'll be banking another 2 points taking us to 10 from a possible 14, and if I had said at the start of the year that we'd be winning 5 of our first 7 games I would have been howled down (although I did say 3 from 5 so I was 100% spot on with that).

Wow we are in to $1.38 favorites, Panfers out to $3.10!!! Im starting to have a bad feeling about this game....

torana355 said:
Wow we are in to $1.38 favorites, Panfers out to $3.10!!! Im starting to have a bad feeling about this game....

Glad to see someone uses the odds on the site :) Now do you do your punting through sportingbet too?

not for this one, just asking in general Rusty.

Although I wouldn't punt against manly, a bet on Panthers at that price isn't a bad punt for the pure punter.

is galuvou playing, it is always great to see a player come up against his old club, hes been in vintage form, would love to see him breaking the line and drawing in defenders. Cant wait to see the match ups in the centres, only concern is hoppa standing so deep, short kicks over the top, (doubt stewart will play) rest him. My bet manly 13+ but tight first half.

Copa Eagle said:
is galuvou playing, it is always great to see a player come up against his old club, hes been in vintage form, would love to see him breaking the line and drawing in defenders. Cant wait to see the match ups in the centres, only concern is hoppa standing so deep, short kicks over the top, (doubt stewart will play) rest him. My bet manly 13+ but tight first half.

That is his old old club, we bought him from the Eels

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4