Manly vs Penrith discussion thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's never easy Syd66. I remember us being absolutely flogged by the Panffers at Brookvale just a few seasons ago. 'Never count your chickens before they come home to roost'. (old phantom saying)

DSM5 said:
It's never easy Syd66. I remember us being absolutely flogged by the Panffers at Brookvale just a few seasons ago. 'Never count your chickens before they come home to roost'. (old phantom saying)

I'm with you DSM.
I seem to remember some very similar posts before the Souths game.

sydsider66 said:
Top 4 here we come.Cowgirls will get done at Shark park and the boys will do a job on the Panfers.Can it be that easy?

No, the panthers are more then capable of putting a big scoreline on us if we don't show up to play. What gives me confidence is not having Trex on the wing anymore, Oldfield is vastly superior in defense and has the speed to turn and chase if they do break our line. If DCE and Foran can control the game and our forwards stand up we should win. I know Des is looking for us to put a team away and i really hope it happens this friday.

torana355 said:
sydsider66 said:
Top 4 here we come.Cowgirls will get done at Shark park and the boys will do a job on the Panfers.Can it be that easy?

No, the panthers are more then capable of putting a big scoreline on us if we don't show up to play. What gives me confidence is not having Trex on the wing anymore, Oldfield is vastly superior in defense and has the speed to turn and chase if they do break our line. If DCE and Foran can control the game and our forwards stand up we should win. I know Des is looking for us to put a team away and i really hope it happens this friday.

This. How much better has the team looked with T.Williams out of the backs?

For the 10 mins he was on in the forwards last week he didnt do much then either....thought he was an extra goal post in his bright new white jersey

It was interesting to me that Des held him back so long from the forwards. It appears that Des's style this year is to not tinker with the team when it is dominating, and only when the game is won, make changes to relieve some of the more tired forwards.

There was no need to inject Fifi into the match on Saturday and Des only put him in at the end to both give him a run and give someone a bit of a rest.

I wonder if there is a move that has been planned at training that involves the injection of Fifi when the game is tighter, my guess is that he would slot into a second man play with the backs

Panfers are "one dimensional"....give it to Walsh, kick it and hope for the best....I saw them play live here in Brisbane a few weeks ago and that's all they do.

Coote is light and ineffectual as a fullback, Gordon is much better....they also are NOT the side they were in 2010 without "Frank the Tank".

I'd hate to think we'll under estimate them BUT I'd be looking for a cricket score.

1. Michael Gordon 2. David Simmons 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Sandor Earl 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh 8. Tim Grant 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Nigel Plum 13. Sarafu Fatiaki
Interchange: 14. Nafe Seluini 15. Sam McKendry 16. Timana Tahu 17. Matthew Bell 18. Yileen Gordon

On paper that's a good side but they just don;t seem to be firing.

They have some good halves, some good backs (Gordon and Jennings are current Blues) some fantastic forwards in Grant / Seventy Cents/ Waterhouse and lots of others, but for whatever reason (my son in law blames Elliott and cannot wait for hom to be sacked) they are not firing!!

Do you think it's a good side?

Gordon and Jennings are their only good backs

Burns and Walsh would have to be the worst halves pairing in the comp.

Plum and Fatiaki in the back-row? Poor.

Manly by 20.

Plumb is actually a pretty hard hitter, and yes I think on paper it's a good side..you have to remember this time last year that side, minus Pritchard and the 5/8 that went to the Sharks...oh I remember, wade Graham, were running second...and di so for most of the year.

Their hearts are just not in it...is that Elliott (who knows)

Team Lists - Round 7
19/04/2011 2:30:45 PM
The Sea Eagles have announced their teams for this week's Round 7 clash against the Penrith Panthers. Read below to see who's been named.

NRL:
Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Jason King (c)
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Joe Galuvao
Glenn Stewart

Tim Robinson
Jamie Buhrer
George Rose
Vic Mauro
Michael Oldfield
Tony Williams

Alsafe Security Toyota Cup Under 20's:
Jorge Taufua
Mark Falaniko
Josh Portlock
Michael McDougall
Patrick Patelesio-Sipley
Jason Annear
Josh Drinkwater
Magnus Stromquist (c)
James Clout
Samiuela Kei
Beau Bovis
Tim Burrell
Jamie Anderson

Mitch O’Neill
Haami Kerr-Tuaupiki
Tane Rapira
Justin Lemalu
Nathan Cooper

NSW Cup:

Scott Blanch
Ben Shorter
Blake Davey
Dean Whare
Michael Chapman
Liam Foran
Gary Riccardi (c)
Matt Cross
Terence Seuseu
James Cunningham
Daniel Harrison
Mitch Jowett
Darcy Lussick

Liam Higgins
Kyle Lodge
Ray Moujali
Junior Palau
Joseph Hawkins

Odds on Stewart is out again and Oldfield slots back onto the wing

Not too keen on Phil Haines as one of the refs...the bloke is a whistle happy grade A muppet

Daniel said:

Yep. And with Joe out, replaced by Buhrer that would leave the bench as follows:

Tim Robinson
George Rose
Vic Mauro
Tony Williams

Jatz Crackers said:
Daniel said:

Yep. And with Joe out, replaced by Buhrer that would leave the bench as follows:

Tim Robinson
George Rose
Vic Mauro
Tony Williams

Interesting they announce Joe is out on the clubs website this morning but still name him.

It's still a good team even with Stewart out, not like the good old days when Robbo used to play fullback. And I'm really enjoying watching Robinson, Buhrer and even Mauro.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6