1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manly vs Penrith discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by torana355, Apr 17, 2011.

1. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Im looking forward to this game, i watched their game against the Storm today and i think we can beat them. Who misses out if Snake is good to play???

2. joeboy

joeboy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 16
    firstly, the win is important, they have soft edges in defence, and without lewis they arnt as potent in attack..

with our back three safe as houses, im not too concerned about their ability to score off kicks.

if we contain ennings and gordon and our centres get good early ball we should win comfortably.

secondly, i reckon this is a good chance for us to rack up a score on hopefully a dry brooky against an underwhelming panthers.

for and against is gonna be real important this year and you gotta put some points on when you have the chance.. which we havnt been able to do against the warriors or the knights recently.

3. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Travis has developed into a very good player. He's one to watch.

4. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    If Brett plays, and I reckon he'll be named regardless on Tuesday, then Oldfield to miss out, Hoppa to the wing. It's great that we don't have to lament the Wolfman's injury extending from week to week.

5. manlyforever08

manlyforever08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Brett must be very close to playing if he was close last night according to Dessie.
    But I personally cannot wait for Friday. Family rivalry with my uncle and my cousins so they are coming.. and my footy friends who all go for different teams are treking out with me too :) gonna be a great footy day for me :)

6. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    I watched a few minutes of the Penrith game today. There was a Storm play where Burns made 4 one-on-one tackles in a single play! No one backed him up and Slater and some forward kept offloading it to eachother while Burns crawled on the ground between them grabbing their legs. Was quite amusing :)

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,700 / 257
    I asume this is a "throw away" line, otherwise you HAVE to be kidding...as useless as two tits on a bull!!

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    I haven't watched any 'Riff games this year but surely Mr.Burns isn't that bad?

It'd be a shame for him to regress like that (unless it's just for Friday night!) as he was one of my favourite players when at Manly.

9. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    In just about every match he plays, he is close to being the panthers best player. Underestimate him at your own peril.

10. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    burns has turned into a solid 1st grader, a good tough defender but not much in attack. They rely heavily on Walsh's kicking game so assuming we handle this ok I am confident of a win. However, they will not be a push over.

11. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    We should win this. Their halves don't create much at all.

12. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Our forwards **** on theirs, Manly 13+

13. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    The Panthers can't score points, or at least have had a very tough time trying to do so for the last couple of weeks. So assuming we can, manly by alot!

14. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Burns is a great defender. Not much in attack, but he gives 100% each match and is certainly one of 'Riff's best.

15. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    The thrashing they gave us last year still sticks in my mind but i think we are much better defensively this year. Need kite and king to step up again, we all know Joe always steps up.

16. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    How's Joe's injury shaping up?

17. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    this game will be all about the first half i think and how we start. If Penrith start slow and dont gain any momentum, they usually switch off. If they come out and get on a roll, they are hard to stop.

Our first halves have been solid enough to give us the second half edge, this is the week we really need to "put a team away" i think, and with a big home crowd (hopefully), i reckon it can be done. Expecting a big one from Jamie, Kingy and Watmough to push for origin spots (though like most, i'd prefer to have them in our lineup during origin time rather than in camp) and an 80 minute display / thumping might be what gets them in there.

18. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    panthers have Coote & Smith back from injury this week

19. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    I would prefer Coote at the back than Gordon.

20. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,700 / 257
    Burns is a terrier in defence (I'll concede that) but offers little to nothing in attack

Gordon is a MUCH better fullback than Coote

They'll try their best but without appearing too confident..."we'll smash them across the park"