Manly vs Dogs - hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
no hodkinson possibly, judging by that i think we should beat them easily without being too confident .. but what chances does he have of being let off, id much prefer to beat them with hodko in the team ..

The Eagle said:
I hope they let him off,itll just decrease their point scoring ability

Hodkinson is a decent player that is being badly/over coached at the Bulldogs. K Moore is a really bad coach imo. I feel slightly sorry for Trent but he could have stayed at Manly....

If Matai or another Manly player had of done what he did, he'd be looking at weeks on the sidelines. No let-offs. We'll beat them anyway. There's only two players to watch, that's Idris and the fullback. The rest are plodders.

Having watched the Dogs play St George, this will be a hard game. They are a solid tea who defend well and who will try and bash us. I am glad we have DCE but Hodkinson is a fair player. Pritchard is dangerous out wide. I will be tipping us but at ANZ they will be hard side to beat.

The Eagle said:
After last years lack of heart i wouldnt care if he got hit by a bus,has no redeeming qualitys whatsoever

That's a fairly ridiculous thing to say. He did play a big part in some of our better wins last year. I think Hodkinson is the best tackling halfback in the game today and one of the best tackling no 7s, (behind Toovs of course). He's just symptomatic of most young halfbacks today in how they play the game in a fairly robotic nature, probably as a result of poor coaching in their junior days. He's a good no 7 and will have a 10 year first grade career baring injuries.

Yeah,he defended well

He also gave us a straight line of defense on the 30 everytime we got to the 5th in the redzone instead of an opportunity for a try,face it his 5th tackle options were terrible,kick the ball into the top row of the jane try stand is not a good option,not caring about it makes it even worse,i love that he is a bulldog now :D

So over this hodko hatred it's worked out better for us, if he had of stayed we would of lost dce in a year or two.

Don't care either way.

Don't think the Dogs hold any fears for us, no matter who plays.

Manly 13+

TokyoEagle said:
Hodko may be in trouble over that tackle, the initial hit was a corker though.

I agree the initial hit was great. What followed was a dog act. Appropriate if you're playing for the bulldogs. He should be suspended and it would be thoroughly deserved.

As for how we'll go this weekend. We should win. We are real contenders. Doggies aren't.

Cambo said:
So over this hodko hatred it's worked out better for us, if he had of stayed we would of lost dce in a year or two.

DCE wouldn't have bene with us this year as he had already agreed to terms last year with the dogs and only withdrew from negotiations when the dogs looked like buying Hodkinson.

Theres no excuse for attacking the head of a player on the ground like he did.

2 weeks. Should be 4.

tookey said:
DCE wouldn't have bene with us this year as he had already agreed to terms last year with the dogs and only withdrew from negotiations when the dogs looked like buying Hodkinson.

Was this publicised? I don't remember hearing anything.

We certainly got the better one in DCE in my opinion.

MadMarcus said:
tookey said:

Was this publicised? I don't remember hearing anything.

We certainly got the better one in DCE in my opinion.

I don't think that it was made public but I recall someone posted it here and it was mentioned on a few dogs sites late last year

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38147

Which impact is he in trouble for? The high shot or the hammer fist? Should be in trouble for both IMO.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6