Manly Vs Cowboys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Thurston on 3:30 news “The only way we will lose to Manly is if we are our own worst enemy”
Our players are very disappointed with last weeks loss and Thurston is only adding fuel to their fire . I can't wait to go to the game and watch the cows get another hiding from Manly.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Thurston on 3:30 news “The only way we will lose to Manly is if we are our own worst enemy”
Our players are very disappointed with last weeks loss and Thurston is only adding fuel to their fire . I can't wait to go to the game and watch the cows get another hiding from Manly.

THURSTON HITS OUT AT SEA EAGLES
Steve Orme 12/09/12
North Queensland superstar Johnathan Thurston has lit the fuse ahead of Friday's semi-final blockbuster after labelling Manly the biggest sledgers and nigglers in the NRL.

"They're always going to have players in there that have that niggle, when you've got the ball in your hands and when you don't," Thurston said on Wednesday.

"We'll be expecting that, that's what Manly's known to do and that's what they're known for."

Asked if the Sea Eagles are the best 'nigglers' in the competition, Thurston replied: "Yeah you could probably say that.

"No doubt they're one of the best teams at getting under the opposition's skin.

"From past experiences playing Manly that's what they always do.

"They've got players there that always try and get under your skin. It's just how you handle it, obviously you need to stay composed."

Manly coach Geoff Toovey rejected Thurston's comments, accusing the Cowboys No.7 of playing his own mind games.

"He's probably just trying to gain advantage there," Toovey said.

"I don't think we've got smart enough blokes in the side to do the niggle.

"I've got no comment really ... look, both sides are very competitive and any side in the NRL is competitive and if you can gain an advantage I'm sure they'll do it.

"But I think our players will be much more experienced and cool headed so that won't bother us too much."

North Queensland have lost their last three clashes against Manly including an 8-6 defeat in Townsville a month ago and a 42-8 qualifying final thumping to end their 2011 campaign.

Thurston admits last year's heavy loss still stings but is confident this year's Cowboys can exact revenge on Friday night.

"No doubt it still hurts a bit but I'd have to say we're in a much better position than we were last year," he said.

"We've had five wins on the trot now so there's a lot of momentum behind us.

"The boys are playing confidently and everyone's doing their job and when we're doing that we're hard to beat.

"It's going to be a tough ask, they're the reigning premiers but we're confident if we play to the best of our ability we'll get the job done."

Cowboys may have won their past five game, but they were all below them on the ladder and virtually out of contention for the eight.

It would appear the Cowboys have been reading what Ive been writing the last few days.

They are clear cut favourites who deserve to stand up & declare they are well & truly front runners for this years premiership.

Manly is a good team & will be be competing as best they can.

Eagles out past $2.00 while the Cowboys back in to $1.85.

The reigning premiers are absolutely no chance against such a defensive potent side as the Cowboys who we only just defeated up in Townsville a few rounds ago

Aaron Payne has definitely been ruled out for Cowboys. Segerayo to start and Anthony Mitchell likely to be added to bench.

I don't know how JT can play mind games as he is unarmed in that department, he also has a limited vocabulary that is mainly built around the firetruck word.

Not just JT. It is an orchestrated attack. Watching Fox sports this morning they had JT and 3 other Cows players all saying the same line about niggles and abuse. Glen Hall was one of them.

We tumbled into all the niggle last week, won't be happening this week. If we get back to playing footy wel be right tomorrow night and for the rest of the season.

Earnie the Eagle said:
I don't know how JT can play mind games as he is unarmed in that department, he also has a limited vocabulary that is mainly built around the firetruck word.

JT always sounds like a braying donkey. Laugh it up loser haha

First post on the Friday!

Well girls and boys, not long now and all the talk will be packed away in a nice suitcase and sent away for little lunch.

C'arn the eagles!

Preview: Sea Eagles v Cowboys
Adam Lucius sportal.com.au

HEAD TO HEAD: Played 19 - Sea Eagles 12, Cowboys 7.
LAST TIME: Round 22, 2012 - Sea Eagles 8-6

MISSING IN ACTION: Jamie Lyon looks to have overcome a calf injury and is a near certainty to play. Steve Matai is serving one of his regular bans and has played his last game for the year unless Manly win. The reliable Dean Whare shifts from wing to centre as cover with Michael Oldfield brought in on the flank. Cowboys hooker Aaron Payne (knee) is a doubtful starter, with Anthony Mitchell on stand-by.

FORM: North Queensland haven't lost since Manly edged them 8-6 back in Round 22. That's five straight wins. They were super impressive in seeing off Brisbane in the first week of the finals but, to be honest, the Broncos aren't much of a yardstick. This is a much bigger test, especially given the Cowboys' appalling form in the Harbour City. Turn away now if you support Neil Henry's men because it makes for ugly reading: North Queensland have played 112 games in Sydney for 33 wins (success rate 29 percent). They have won just four of their past 25 matches since 2008 and only one of their past 10 in the NSW capital. Records are meant to be broken but that one needs a sledgehammer to crack it open. Manly's six-match winning run came to an end last week at the hands of Canterbury. It was enough for many critics to write them off but not this one. There were only six points in it and if Matai hadn't super glued the ball to his hands, the Sea Eagles may have scored a late try to lock it all up. They love playing at Moore Park and have beaten the Cowboys in six of their of past eight meetings

FOR SEA EAGLES TO WIN: Lyon is critical to Manly's chances. If he is not there or plays half-fit, Matty Bowen and Johnathan Thurston will carve up the Sea Eagles' right-hand side defence. No wonder Manly fans have set up candlelight vigils for Lyon this week. Those same supporters are also starting to dread half-time breaks. Someone must be spiking the Sea Eagles' oranges because they are falling away dramatically in the final 40 minutes of matches. They have scored just 10 points in their past four second halves. Ball control was also an issue against the Dogs and will have to be dramatically improved otherwise it will be end-of-season drinks time.

FOR COWBOYS TO WIN: Henry reckons he has seen a glint in Thurston's eye over the past few weeks. The Cowboys skipper is desperate to lead the club to their first premiership and the players are buying into it in a big way. The No.7 will exploit any small weakness in the Manly defensive line, especially if there's uncertainty on the edges. The North Queensland pack has to deliver first and there is every indication they will. The engine room has been tremendous over the past month, allowing Thurston and Bowen to do their stuff. Kane Linnett and Brent Tate will also prove a handful out wide.

WE THINK: We're not sucked in by the doom and gloom surrounding Manly after just one loss. They were poor against Canterbury yet were in the game right until the final seconds. They won't play that badly again. The Cowboys deserve an enormous amount of respect and are in this match right up to their necks. If Thurston pulls out one of his specials, then they are capable of marching on. But that appalling record in Sydney is simply too hard for us to ignore. Manly by 4.

^^ Thanks MB

Mark from Brisbane said:
Make or break day, and nervous as hell not sure if that is good or bad.

Me too and it's not even shown live here which would be at...*counts fingers* 2.45am.

Replay tis on at 6am so shall watch it then.

Not sure if any of you watch Sunrise on Chan 7 BUT bitchface Rebecca Wilson was at her very best this morning, death riding Manly, calling Manly fans " the most arrogant in the game"....I'd love to consign her to carting **** cans in a Hong King back street if I could!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Not sure if any of you watch Sunrise on Chan 7 BUT bitchface Rebecca Wilson was at her very best this morning, death riding Manly, calling Manly fans " the most arrogant in the game"....

Someone called me arrogant once so I looked at them and said

"F*** you!" and walked off.

:p

edit: credit to Greg Proops

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8