Manly vs Bulldogs stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some intresting stats i came up with today, since we have been readmitted into the comp after the northern eagles we have easily established ourselves as one of the 'heavyweight clubs' keeping in mind our financial state and club strength as apose to the bulldogs ... Take away 03-04 and no club really matches us apart from maybe the broncos. With a salary cap in play its these stats are amazing for our boys!! lets hope we continue the trend this year and push for another premiership to really put our stamp on a golden era for manly at the expense of the bulldogs !!

2003: Bulldogs 3rd manly 14th (Bulldogs prelim)
2004: Bulldogs 2nd Manly 13th (Bulldogs premiers)
2005: Bulldogs 12th Manly 8th (Manly week 1)
2006: Bulldogs 2nd Manly 5th (Bulldogs prelim, Manly week 2)
2007: Bulldogs 6th Manly 2nd (Manly GF, bulldogs week1)
2008: Bulldogs 15th Manly 2nd (Manly premiers, bulldogs wooden spoon)
2009: Bulldogs 2nd Manly 5th (Bulldogs prelim, manly semis)
2010: Bulldogs 13th Manly 8th (Manly week 1)
2011: Bulldogs 9th Manly 2nd (Manly premiers)

Bulldogs total position = 64 (average of 7th)
Manly total position = 58 (average of 6th)

HEAD TO HEAD - DRAW

Bulldogs - 8wins
Manly - 8wins

WOODEN SPOONS - MANLY WINS

Bulldogs total = 1/9
Manly total = 0/9

BOTTOM 4 - MANLY WINS

Bulldogs total = 3/9
Manly total = 2/9

TOP 8 - MANLY WINS

Bulldogs total = 5/9
Manly total = 7/9

TOP 4 - BULLDOGS WIN

Bulldogs total = 4/9
Manly total = 3/9

TOP 2 - DRAW

Bulldogs total = 3/9
Manly total = 3/9

FINALS GAMES - MANLY WINS

Bulldogs total = 14
Manly total = 18

GRAND FINALS - MANLY WINS

Bulldogs total = 1/1
Manly total = 2/3

You tend to forget that 2003 and 2004 they were over the cap. They all took pay cuts to cheat a premiership.....something the Storm wanted to do in 2010 but was not allowed to do so....

To me 2004 was not a legit premiership.

We all know what happened in 95...so when was their last legit premiership?

mickqld said:
you forgot.
Cheating & Salary cap rorting
Bulldogs win x2
Manly - never.

You are such a tool, do you honestly think Manly never rorted the cap when Arko was in charge?? Even Gus Gould has said every team has done it,mthe Bulldogs were one of the unlucky teams to get caught. Through the 70's, 80's and 90's Manly stole more players from other clubs than anyone and guess who was at the helm??

Anyway, keep living in your glasshouse.

"unlucky" lol

someone , but not me obv, would say keep living in your doghouse, but not me

Not diminishing what the Bulldogs did, it was wrong and they paid the appropriate price for it, but they were only caught because a disgruntled ex associate released information to the NRL. If it was left to Schubert it would never have been uncovered. Melbourne Storm got found out by arrogance and administrative incompetance.

Canberra were lucky not to be stripped of comps in the early 90's when well over the cap. Brisbane used the The Thoroughbreds to supplement many of their stars and win comps whilst if anybody thinks the Roosters have not fudged numbers through the years they have clearly been living under a rock.

As for Manly, well just look through history, no club has bought more players during that 30 year period mentioned, they practically raped Souths and Wests.... now the shoe is on the other foot and you are the paupers all you want to do is cry wolf. Get over it.

Never the paupers Dirk. 'Raped' is such an immature word to use when discussing the purchase of players. They were all willing participants in a commercial world. Nice of you to admit to deceptive conduct by the Dogs. And I must agree with you, Schubert is a complete waste of space and should be shown the door. By the way, when did the cap come into play?

Dirk Dirk Dirk Dirk Dirk. A real history lesson will show you that Manly were in fact no worse than a lot of other clubs when it comes to buying players. The only real evidence is that because Manly were smarter and actually bought the right players and it resulted in premierships, people became jealous and decided to re-write history that we were the only club that did it.

DSM5 said:
Was there a cap in Arkos day?

The cap came into play in 1990. Arko left Manly and became the chairman of the NSWRL in 1984.

So not sure how Ken Arthurson rorted the salary cap.

I believe the cap came in 1990.

Look i envied the Sea Eagles when they were able to sign guys like O'Connor, Roberts, Hill, Innes etc back in the day, it just bugs me that now the Bulldogs are the financial heavyweight all everybody here wants to do is call them cheats. Yes there is form from 2002 (when there was systematic cheating) but that was from an administration that has been completely dismantled and re-assembled. When that occured all fair minded Bulldogs fans were disgusted and accepted the punishment, but that doesn't need to be dragged out every time. Then you have the Coffs Harbour drama (which resulted in acquittal)....still remember going to Brookie with the family and being called rapists the entire afternoon, guess it didn't feel so good when you copped the same garbage with Snake.

Manly and Canterbury have always had great relations. No doubt Super League put a wedge between the clubs and The Dessy dramas last year made us enemies but some of the hypocracy and uglyness that gets put up here. Not ignorant to think we don't have the same blinkered fans but i reckon its pathetic.

I just hope for a fair fight on Friday and may the best team win...hopefully whatever happens we see you again in September.

In regards to Manly’s history whats the problem with offering players a payed job to play rugby league?

“Some of the hypocracy and uglyness that gets put up here. Not ignorant to think we don't have the same blinkered fans but i reckon its pathetic.” Toughen up, i do not go onto other forums and complain about people's opinions and there are plenty of them about manly.

Dirk please keep you gutter filth propaganda to yourself.

Your club is scum as are your supporters.
Pure evil.

Dirk Diggler said:
I believe the cap came in 1990.

Look i envied the Sea Eagles when they were able to sign guys like O'Connor, Roberts, Hill, Innes etc back in the day, it just bugs me that now the Bulldogs are the financial heavyweight all everybody here wants to do is call them cheats. Yes there is form from 2002 (when there was systematic cheating) but that was from an administration that has been completely dismantled and re-assembled. When that occured all fair minded Bulldogs fans were disgusted and accepted the punishment, but that doesn't need to be dragged out every time. Then you have the Coffs Harbour drama (which resulted in acquittal)....still remember going to Brookie with the family and being called rapists the entire afternoon, guess it didn't feel so good when you copped the same garbage with Snake.

Manly and Canterbury have always had great relations. No doubt Super League put a wedge between the clubs and The Dessy dramas last year made us enemies but some of the hypocracy and uglyness that gets put up here. Not ignorant to think we don't have the same blinkered fans but i reckon its pathetic.

I just hope for a fair fight on Friday and may the best team win...hopefully whatever happens we see you again in September.

Your wasting your bad breath. Especially calling fans here hypocrits & ugly.

In one sentence you admit the dogs have cheated then casually dismiss it with a lame excuse that management has changed.

Then you have the Coffs Harbour drama (which resulted in acquittal)

Without splitting hairs, in my mind "acquittal" infers it was tested in a court of law. In the Coffs Harbour case the charges were dropped before it made it to court, for whatever reason.

Dirkler - loved your work in 'The Departed' by the way, especially your scenes with Matt Damon.

Q: Which club won the most first grade grand finals during Ken Arthurson's tenure as ARL Chairman (1983-97)?

A: Canterbury-Bankstown (5 GFs, for 4 wins - including one against Manly, plus one loss). Manly played in five too, but only won the two.

What was that inference about Arko's influence again?

Dirk Diggler said:
mickqld said:
you forgot.
Cheating & Salary cap rorting
Bulldogs win x2
Manly - never.

You are such a tool, do you honestly think Manly never rorted the cap when Arko was in charge?? Even Gus Gould has said every team has done it,mthe Bulldogs were one of the unlucky teams to get caught. Through the 70's, 80's and 90's Manly stole more players from other clubs than anyone and guess who was at the helm??

Anyway, keep living in your glasshouse.
What a clown this Dirty Dick Dirk Diggler is . Arko was a true Proffesional and the most respected man in the World of Rugby League.:mad:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2