Game Day: Manly v Wests Tigers [Round 2, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some interesting selections there. Pack looks a bit bigger with the addition of Starlo and BJ. I assume that putting Jake at lock means Kapow will play edge role. This pack should give us a bit more punch through the middle. I don't mind it, although Green and Brown need to deliver something this week.

The big key is whether Snake plays though. Our win percentage goes up significantly with him in the side, so lets hope he is fit.

Barretts 2nd go at selections is bugger all better than his first.

1. With limited interchanges we CANNOT afford to carry 2 hookers. Pick one or the other, but just pick one and use one of the light weight backrowers as a backup.
2. Williame? I'm just speechless, why Trent? Why do we have one of these players every season? WHY???????
3. Jake was the best player on the field last week, so what do we do? Move him to a different position.......just shoot me now!
4. Why can't Barrett see that Tapau is an impact player best used off the bench, it's not rocket science Trent.
5. In what universe was Leary deserving of being dropped before Brown, did he watch the same game as I did last week?
6. Lussick dropped and Vave not????? Lussick was our 2nd best forward on stats last week and it earned him a stint in reserve grade, really????

Week 2 selections is another fail for mine, the Tigers will win this one in a canter. I am very disappointed and disillusioned.
Agree with all of that except Lussick. I just don't rate him. Stats or not, the bloke reminds me of a SBW sellout mother fkr, ready to piss off and leave his team mates at the first sign of dollars.

Answer me this you armchair experts!!

Why the **** can we see all this and the football department can't??

We laugh about Goat photos, but honestly it's not that funny.
Wiliame has what it takes.
There, I said it, I am staking my reputation as an armchair judge of footy horseflesh on this, lol, Mark and all the doubters will have to eat their words.

Can't understand Barrett's thinking. Leary played well on the weekend and somehow gets dropped. Thought either Brown or Green should be going to NSW cup.

I'm guessing he's picked Williame because he's thinking sooner or later he's due for a win and what better time than against the Tigers. Surely Williame's losing streak can't continue for much longer.

The chokes!

giphy.gif
Mighty Boosh FTW!!

Wiliame has what it takes.
There, I said it, I am staking my reputation as an armchair judge of footy horseflesh on this, lol, Mark and all the doubters will have to eat their words.

Ok, I'm ready for that so Willie Army show us whatcha got big boy!!

Can't understand Barrett's thinking. Leary played well on the weekend and somehow gets dropped. Thought either Brown or Green should be going to NSW cup.

I'm guessing he's picked Williame because he's thinking sooner or later he's due for a win and what better time than against the Tigers. Surely Williame's losing streak can't continue for much longer.

On his way to 15!!

What a record that is , doubt it will ever be broken.

It's good to see we have much better depth this year and there are guys who can be promoted from NSW cup. Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the guys that they don't just automatically play in first grade each week.

And at least Barrett has made some changes this week. If it was Toovey then it's more than likely he would have stuck solid with last weeks team and we would have been going on about why no changes were made.

If the only complaint is the selection of a bench forward then you have to think we are looking better?
For the more "technical" among us what does the change of number mean for Jake? Does he defend further out??
I'm thinking that Barrett wants a forward who can pass the ball and connect with our edge players. None of the other fowards have much of a passing game. Our centres saw hardly any ball last week - especially Jamie.

Whilst our halves have to make sure we get the ball to the right players, it takes pressure off when we have a forward who can not only make metres, but can get the ball out wide as well.

I'm thinking that Barrett wants a forward who can pass the ball and connect with our edge players. None of the other fowards have much of a passing game. Our centres saw hardly any ball last week - especially Jamie.

Whilst our halves have to make sure we get the ball to the right players, it takes pressure off when we have a forward who can not only make metres, but can get the ball out wide as well.
You have to earn the right to pass the ball as a forward, this deck of forwards should be able to earn the right this week.

1. You're wearing the Parra colours and a Chief headdress
2. Your postings have a Parra focus
3. Every single one of your postings have been critical of Manly and negative about Manly
4. You're a new member
5. You purport to be a Manly fan

Have you considered a different disguise?

So he'll be gone by round four?

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4