Manly v Wests 70's TV games - blood and fights ?!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
C

crespo

I am not sure if this is the right area - I am a longtime reader of this forum and only just joined ! Having been born in the 90's I have heard and read stories about the Manly, Wests 70's games and was excited to see this item on eBay !

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191173646331?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1448wt_1153

Am thinking about bidding for Dad and save it for Fathers Day - what do others think ? Is it hard to get this TV footage ?

Crespo from Narrabeen

oh , my Dad reckons he was at that first game in 78 at Lidcome - the one which started the whole fued ! This is why I probably want this !

It would be a wonderful gift for your dad.

The feud actually started early in that season in an exhibition game played in Melbourne. By the time we played wests in the season proper. Roy Masters whipped up a hatred that drove the rivalry in that era. I was at that game at Lidcombe in 78 and we were attacked with everything. Players were sent off in this brute of a game. We had the last laugh on the Magpies. Knocking them out in the prelim final on our way to a great premiership win.

As an 11 year old at the time. It sealed my love for Manly. For me our greatest team.

Thanks for the reply sheridanstand78. He has the Fibo's v Silvertails DVD so this will be a great addition...

Here's a good link for more information from that time on the Fibros vs Silvertails...

http://www.tombrock.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Tom-Brock-Lecture-Booklet-7.pdf

I became a Manly Fan after leaving school in 1975 - went to Lidcombe Oval and got hooked on the game. You could hear the hits, see the blood spray and smell the liniment :D
Some real crazy MO FOs that went into battle without a thought for self preservation.

League was a wonderful, unsanitized game of skill, strength and mateship :)

Your Dad will love the DVD :angel:

I would like that DVD for my collection myself!

I guess you get first dibs @crespo...lol!

Good luck. Hope you don't have to go too high and agree, your Dad will love it.

I'm a long term reader, only recently joined myself.

Hope you enjoy yourself as much as I have so far!

I msgd the seller on eBay and he has a LOT of RL TV games - 70's, 80's - mid-week games etc.

When I get his Manly games list I will post them here for others to see....

crespo said:
I am not sure if this is the right area - I am a longtime reader of this forum and only just joined ! Having been born in the 90's I have heard and read stories about the Manly, Wests 70's games and was excited to see this item on eBay !

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191173646331?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1448wt_1153

Am thinking about bidding for Dad and save it for Fathers Day - what do others think ? Is it hard to get this TV footage ?

Crespo from Narrabeen

oh , my Dad reckons he was at that first game in 78 at Lidcome - the one which started the whole fued ! This is why I probably want this !

As a collector of old footy games, I am pretty disappointed that this is happening. He might say they are part of public domain due to their age, but he can't use the team's logos etc. The NRL will be monitoring this. You may say why isn't the NRL marketing these games but they seem to have little idea of what the public want.
I have all of these games and if you want them let me know. You can either have them on disc for the price of postage or I can put them on a 75gb hard drive for $30. ie games for free, you are just paying for the hard drive and postage.

eagle66 said:
I have all of these games and if you want them let me know. You can either have them on disc for the price of postage or I can put them on a 75gb hard drive for $30. ie games for free, you are just paying for the hard drive and postage.
Do you have all the Manly games from 76 onward?

I gave away all my videos and Big League Magazines when a moved 7 years ago, and miss the ability to replay some vintage Manly :(

Would you PM me the details? I would love to get these games. :)

Off thread slightly but does anybody have, or know someone who may have any old photos of the 1976 U/23's or the 1974 President cup teams.

Obscure enough that it would probably have to be someone involved at the time.

Thanks

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6