Manly v Titans [Round 23 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not normally into making predictions but I have feeling we will lap them.
Manly by plenty+.

Clint said:
I'm not normally into making predictions but I have feeling we will lap them.
Manly by plenty+.

I hope you're right, but there has been signs for a while now that all is not yet clicking for us. We may well have won four in a row before last weekend but they were ugly wins mostly and we have not been playing well at all and didn't play well last weekend.

With four rounds left it's time to click and step it up a gear or two. If we can do that we look the goods, but I have considerable doubts and I think Sunday afternoon will be a turning point in our season.

How silly is the NRL system that coaches have to nominate a team so early in the week just to satisfy the Wednesday publication of Big League? It means the teams bear very little resemblance to those that take the field 4-6 days later.
How is the GC supposed to seriously name a team just hours after playing on a Monday night? And what about nominating injured players, such as Matai, or those facing the MRC and possible suspension ie. Starling.

Can see this a game decided in the final 10 minutes...not so much 1 way traffic...if it was at Brookie it would be a 30 point win, but here 10 - 13

Mark from Brisbane said:
That Kevin Gordon is a real speedster , we need to watch him

Starlo has his number, he's a Winger's worst nightmare :p

Manly can win this easily and should do so. :)

We just need to limit judiciary involvement by being extra carefull in the tackling /wrestling arena :idea:

niccipops said:
Yet to purchase tickets but want to sit behind the southern end goal posts with all the other intelligent supporters.
Is there any way of buying the tickets through Manly instead of the ...?
I was looking at this post and thought why did I write 'instead of the ...?' Then remembered I had written the short version of titans and it must have been edited.

Going on past Titans & Manly games Manly will create and then butcher about 10 tries, score 2 tries & then watch the Titans win 14-12 via two 80 meters intercept tries.

I hope you're right, but there has been signs for a while now that all is not yet clicking for us. We may well have won four in a row before last weekend but they were ugly wins mostly and we have not been playing well at all and didn't play well last weekend.

[/quote]

Really the only ugly win in that lot was against the Broncs and we never looked like losing.
Warriors away after a Monday night v an improved Drags.

Had to laigh when Gus was rabbiting on about the travel schedule Souffs had prior to our game, sure they had to travel but they played nuffies.
We were off the other night but it was only in the last 15 that they put us away.
The Rabbits have to run the gauntlet now of being "up" every week and as much as they're all at home they'll use plenty of petrol in the meantime. I can't see Broncs, Cows, Dogs or Chooks laying down against them.

niccipops said:
niccipops said:
Yet to purchase tickets but want to sit behind the southern end goal posts with all the other intelligent supporters.
I was looking at this post and thought why did I write 'instead of the ...?' Then remembered I had written the short version of titans and it must have been edited.
Same thing has happened to me in the past, it's Dan's fault he set up the swear filters I think, he obviously thinks footy fans are going to be talking about tits all the time, yeah good one Dan.
Tits
tits!!
lol

SeaEagleRock8 said:
niccipops said:
niccipops said:
Same thing has happened to me in the past, it's Dan's fault he set up the swear filters I think, he obviously thinks footy fans are going to be talking about ... all the time, yeah good one Dan.
...!!
lol
Yes, particularly us female posters. We constantly talk about ... It's really hard to not say ... in every post.
Just one more time, ...!
Go Manly!:D

This could well be another danger game.....on a dry paddock, on a Sunday arvo I reckon we'd lap these buggers (with what they have been putting up in recent times) BUT its set to be pouring down (or so the forecast says), and if so that brings it back to purely a forwards game and a bit of luck.

I'd suggest still a Manly win BUT not in a canter!

Mark from Brisbane said:
This could well be another danger game.....on a dry paddock, on a Sunday arvo I reckon we'd lap these buggers (with what they have been putting up in recent times) BUT its set to be pouring down (or so the forecast says), and if so that brings it back to purely a forwards game and a bit of luck.

I'd suggest still a Manly win BUT not in a canter!

Throw in a disgruntled second rower and fullback and it becomes a real danger game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2